140 lbs to lose. practical help needed

jockiejoe

Wanting Is The Key
Hi gals n especially guys, I am beginning my journey on thursday 14th Jan. I have approx 140 lbs to lose n keep lost. I have travelled this rd many times before with limited success, always stopping off on my journey even when still losing, to regain what me has lost n more sadly. I would tips, ie simple bland meal ideas that are very low fat n low carb n low sugar, I am diabetic also. I am best operating a 3 meals a day routine, from previous attempts. I would like a good way to kick start me off. I would like to hear from all others, but especially guys, experience in losing weight starting from a big number as I am.

hi,

afraid i'm not a guy but i know how it feels to have a lot of weight to lose, and also to have failed and regained. i wish you all the best for your weight loss journey- afraid i don't have many tips but just wanted to wish you the best.

x

My Fave Healthy Meal ... Give it a try, its sooo nice (ok for diabetics too, my mother is diabetic she eats this)

Nutrition Notes (serves 4) Per Portion
Energy 106Kcals / 449Kj
Fat 2.05g
Saturated Fat 1.10g
Cholesterol 1.10mg
Fibre 109g

Ingredients:
1 piece of lemon grass (or the rind of half a lemon)
1/2 an inch of fresh root ginger
1 large garlic clove
2 table spoons of sunflower oil
275g/10oz lean chicken thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper seeded and sliced
1/2 green pepper seeded and sliced
4 spring onions chopped
2 medium carrotts cut into batons
115g/4oz fine green beans
25g/1oz peanuts lightly crushed
30ml or 2 table spoons of oyster sauce
Salt and black pepper
Coriander leaves to garnish (I dont use this its gross lol)

I also have a small portion of brown rice to accompany this - you could have instead of the rice a small portion of noodles but its up to you what you want to add.

How To Cook

1. Thinly slice the lemon grass or lemon rind. Peel and chop the ginger and garlic. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the lemon grass or lemon rind, ginger and garlic, and stir fry for 30secs until brown.

2. Add the chicken and stir fry for 2 mins. Then add all the vegetables and stir fry for 4-5mins, until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are almost cooked.

3. Finally, stir in the peanuts, oyster sauce, and seasoning to taste. Stir fry for another minute to blend the flavours. Serve at once, sprinkled with the coriander (if you like it it) and accompany meal with small portion of rice.

Back