140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Very wise words, Susie. I shall to remember that in the grand scheme of things people probably won't notice my imperfections and wobbly bits.

---

I measured myself this evening and I've lost 4 inches from my waist, 3 off my hips and 3 off my bust. No wonder my clothes are beginning to drop off me. I am going to be needing an interim wardrobe!

Food:
B - Porridge
L - Boiled eggs and soldiers, Apple
D - Thai green curry (WW) and veg
Snacks - Cashews
water - 3l
steps - 10200 (4.1 miles) - going for it now shark week is almost over.

Hope everyone has had a good day x

Well, the gods are shining down on me. I decided I needed some new clothes and it turns out that Yours clothing store is opening a new store in our local shopping centre on Friday morning! I shall be heading in there for a few bits me thinks. Since Evans closed down there have been really limited places to get clothes - New Look was about it really and their range was pretty small. Omg, this means shopping for myself in a shop! I have to go because I will look like a bag-of-rags for the party on Sunday if I don't.
------

I was reading an article about weighing yourself daily and apparently some health professionals recommend that people who have a lot of weight to lose, or people who yo-yo diet SHOULD weigh-in every day. They said that daily weigh-ins should become a life long habit for those people because it keeps them accountable and will help stop piling the pounds on in ignorance.

Hmmm, this is difficult because I want to not be defined by my weight, as I've said a million times before, I'd like my main focus to be my health. Perhaps it could be beneficial if you expect bumps and don't rely too much on the scales to define your health/wellbeing/self-esteem.

I know now there are a few people on here who are daily weighers and are almost ashamed that they are. That seems a shame to me, perhaps this approach could be for those people? Here is the article https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...12/daily-weighing-may-help-manage-your-weight

Well, the gods are shining down on me. I decided I needed some new clothes and it turns out that Yours clothing store is opening a new store in our local shopping centre on Friday morning! I shall be heading in there for a few bits me thinks. Since Evans closed down there have been really limited places to get clothes - New Look was about it really and their range was pretty small. Omg, this means shopping for myself in a shop! I have to go because I will look like a bag-of-rags for the party on Sunday if I don't. ------ I was reading an article about weighing yourself daily and apparently some health professionals recommend that people who have a lot of weight to lose, or people who yo-yo diet SHOULD weigh-in every day. They said that daily weigh-ins should become a life long habit for those people because it keeps them accountable and will help stop piling the pounds on in ignorance. Hmmm, this is difficult because I want to not be defined by my weight, as I've said a million times before, I'd like my main focus to be my health. Perhaps it could be beneficial if you expect bumps and don't rely too much on the scales to define your health/wellbeing/self-esteem. I know now there are a few people on here who are daily weighers and are almost ashamed that they are. That seems a shame to me, perhaps this approach could be for those people? Here is the article https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/minding-the-body/201312/daily-weighing-may-help-manage-your-weight

Yea , I was exited when I heard about the new store opening :)
I'm a bit curious bout daily weighing too, I think it's good to keep on track but I wonder if seeing a gain when I've been in plan could throw me off plan, if that makes Sence x

I seriously avoid scales I'm definitely very susceptible to the OMG why haven't I lost I might as well eat a cake or woohoo lost half in a day I deserve a cake! Not that extreme but you know what I mean!

I do agree with it being more about feeling fit & good about yourself rather than weighing X amount. But crave being able to say have normal BMI ;)

Good luck finding lovely outfit xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oooh thanks for the link - I'm an every couple of days weigher - but I find it helps keep me on track, rather than send me running for the chocolate, so will have a look at it.

It makes sense to me that, having gone to all that hard work of losing lots of weight, I'd want to keep a tight grip on the reins.

And good luck shopping! :)

It just shows you that there isn't really a right or wrong way to go about it, the mental battles are so individual it's hard to get a system that fits everyone.

---------

Good day today. Appetite has subsided after really needing to plan plan plan my meals to fit my cravings during shark attack. It looks like I'm having to attend another meal tomorrow at short notice so I'm going to have to go clothes shopping tomorrow morning instead. I'm trying to be flexible and chill out about it, but I'll probably not sleep much tonight.

Anyhooo, dyed my hair this evening to get rid of those nasty greys. Feel like I have to dye my hair far too regularly for permanent hair colourant. Once every 3 weeks? Is that normal?

Food:
B - Scambled egg, 1 slice wholemeal toast
L - Tuna salad, grapes.
D - Chicken curry with spinach, courgettes, mushrooms and cashews with brown rice.
Water - 3l
Exercise - haven't finished yet but I'm at 10,066 steps (4miles)

Daily weighing is a good tool as long as you're not affected by what the scales say too much.

Like if they show a gain (as they will if you weigh everyday) you don't throw in the towel because "it's not working"

Essentially for daily weighing to work you need to accept that the scales will go up and down over the course of a week. If you can handle that then it's a good tool for keeping on track, if it'll emotionally effect you, stay away.

Anyhooo, dyed my hair this evening to get rid of those nasty greys. Feel like I have to dye my hair far too regularly for permanent hair colourant. Once every 3 weeks? Is that normal?

I do mine every few weeks too, but I use a temporary one - maybe change the brand and see if you need to do it less often? x

I do mine every few weeks too, but I use a temporary one - maybe change the brand and see if you need to do it less often? x

i would change the brand love i do mine ever 6-8 weeks as my hair grows so fast x

I'm always swapping and changing, I'm not very brand loyal at all. Hmm, I shall I have to pay closer attention because hair dye ain't cheap!

I've had a lovely day thanks, Yvonne. Was in town for 9am, met my daughter and went clothes shopping. Had breakfast in debenhams which was really nice and then shopped some more before meeting up with a few of her friends for lunch. Managed to navigate the menus and kept on plan. I even managed to get most of my water intake in too. AND I met people for lunch! Huge change for me and it was absolutely lovely. So so pleased I went.

Few negatives from the day - why oh why don't the big department stores sell tummy control knickers bigger than a size 20?! I also couldn't find any bras that will fit me. My boobs are ridiculous. However, they are shrinking. Because of the size of my boobs I was a size 32 top at the turn of the year. Less than two months into this lifestyle change and I fit into a 28 quite comfortably. Hurrah. I'm not going too crazy about that because those changing room mirrors reminded me how far I have to go. I'm seeing it as a challenge rather than a negative. Next time I go I will be smaller!

I'm done eating for the day so I may as well post my food:

Brunch - 1 slice wholemeal toast, scrambled eggs (I expect this was made with butter so I've tracked it as such), grilled mushroom and tomatoes. Water
Starbucks - 1 large glass of water while everyone else had hot chocs!
Dinner: Wetherspoons five bean chili with jacket potato and salad. Water x 2

Hope everyone has had a good day. Will read diaries after I've had a shower!

I did thanks, although I had several changing room meltdowns along the way! I got everything from New Look, three tops and two pairs of trousers. thank goodness I lost those inches though, otherwise nothing would have fit me at all!

I'm always swapping and changing, I'm not very brand loyal at all. Hmm, I shall I have to pay closer attention because hair dye ain't cheap! I've had a lovely day thanks, Yvonne. Was in town for 9am, met my daughter and went clothes shopping. Had breakfast in debenhams which was really nice and then shopped some more before meeting up with a few of her friends for lunch. Managed to navigate the menus and kept on plan. I even managed to get most of my water intake in too. AND I met people for lunch! Huge change for me and it was absolutely lovely. So so pleased I went. Few negatives from the day - why oh why don't the big department stores sell tummy control knickers bigger than a size 20?! I also couldn't find any bras that will fit me. My boobs are ridiculous. However, they are shrinking. Because of the size of my boobs I was a size 32 top at the turn of the year. Less than two months into this lifestyle change and I fit into a 28 quite comfortably. Hurrah. I'm not going too crazy about that because those changing room mirrors reminded me how far I have to go. I'm seeing it as a challenge rather than a negative. Next time I go I will be smaller! I'm done eating for the day so I may as well post my food: Brunch - 1 slice wholemeal toast, scrambled eggs (I expect this was made with butter so I've tracked it as such), grilled mushroom and tomatoes. Water Starbucks - 1 large glass of water while everyone else had hot chocs! Dinner: Wetherspoons five bean chili with jacket potato and salad. Water x 2 Hope everyone has had a good day. Will read diaries after I've had a shower!

Well done Essie ,
Really proud of you ,
So glad you enjoyed your day and going for lunch , your doing fantastic ,
Did you have a nose round the center or just debenhams ,

I did thanks, although I had several changing room meltdowns along the way! I got everything from New Look, three tops and two pairs of trousers. thank goodness I lost those inches though, otherwise nothing would have fit me at all!

New clothes yayyyyy
I hate changing room mirrors , I've not been in new look for ages ,

Well done Essie ,
Really proud of you ,
So glad you enjoyed your day and going for lunch , your doing fantastic ,
Did you have a nose round the center or just debenhams ,

Thanks Hun! It's really lovely when someone says they are proud of you, especially when most people won't understand what the fuss is all about, so thanks again. Yeah, we went up and down Church Street shops and into Houndshill. Had lunch at the Layton Rakes which was packed, but I made it through after having a word with myself in the toilets. I hope no-one was listening because I'm not sure if I said my mantras out loud now I come to think about it!

Sundays meal will hopefully be easier now I've done today.

Getting an early night now because I didn't sleep last night. Didn't make 10k steps today, but oh well, I was standing up for ages.

Steps: 7500 (3 miles)

Sod them if you said it out loud , if it works what the hell,
And yes I know how hard it is to overcome things that ppl take for granted ,

There's not much on church street anymore is there ,

Wow Essie what an amazing day you've had - getting out there amongst people, having a lovely meal and starting on target, successfully shopping (except for the undergarments - maybe check online?) - you deserve a big :happy096: love, well done!

Re the hair dye, I object to paying loads, so decided to try the Aldi one - £2.68 and I've never been happier. It has 5 star reviews, and does great grey coverage - I got the medium brown, and was so happy with it, I've stocked up!

Back