140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Good idea about seeing the doctor, thanks ladies, I didn't realise they did vouchers. Perhaps I need to work on going out more frequently first because I'd hate to get 12 weeks free and not manage to go. I like to dangle carrots like this in front of me, it gives me something to work towards. Feeling better today and I am proud of the fact I didn't turn to food. My god the temptation though, it sneaks up on you! I'm going to have to be on my guard from now on! My brother lives in Australia and he had his first child last August. He wanted to pay for me to go over with my mum but I was stupidly too nervous to go. Another thing that I couldn't do because of out of control eating. Anyway, my mum is stillgoing in a week or two so we are going holiday clothes shopping for her tomorrow. In the past I'd be coming up with excuses the night before as to why I can't go with her, basically I used to make up lies which is awful. I'm determined never to do that again, so shopping it is! As for today, I've not done a lot at all :/ Going to work out before my dinner. Wind is blowing a gale today and I want to hibernate. B - Oatmeal and honey L - Quorn goujons with salad and light mayo D - Lemon chicken risotto, salad snacks - TBD

Well done for not giving in ,
I know exactly what you mean bout it creeping up on you ,

I've done the lies before to avoid going out with friends during the day or evening , due to not wanting to be the biggest in the group , not wanting to eat out , or just having nothing to wear and the baggy elasticated skirts just won't cut it,

Well done hun on going shopping , really proud of you , xxx

Sent from Yvonne's iPhone

Thanks ladies :) Everyones support on here really does make a big difference. I'm so glad I found this space, I think it's going to be a big part of my success in the future.

---
SJB, Im sorry that you lost your furry friend too. You're so right, I miss my dog so much, she was a little sweetheart. After the girls went to uni in September I felt so lucky to have her. Sadly she got sick very quickly and died at home three months later. It was harrowing and distressing. After she died I realised how she used to respond to all my movements; if I got up to go to the loo she'd be there, if I nudged my house keys she would jump up expectantly - when she was no longer there nothing reacted, everything was silent. I have to say her death made me take a really really long look at my life and what a rut I was in. I'm determined to make something positive come out of this change in my life. Wish I could have one last snuggle though. *weep*

---

I can totally relate, Yvonne. I gave up on having a nightlife where I'd have to dress up ages ago. I'm a strictly casual girl these days. One day, love, we shall get glammed up and hit Flamingos and Blackpool won't know what's hit it (although I prefer a pub quiz any day!)

Thanks ladies :) Everyones support on here really does make a big difference. I'm so glad I found this space, I think it's going to be a big part of my success in the future. --- SJB, Im sorry that you lost your furry friend too. You're so right, I miss my dog so much, she was a little sweetheart. After the girls went to uni in September I felt so lucky to have her. Sadly she got sick very quickly and died at home three months later. It was harrowing and distressing. After she died I realised how she used to respond to all my movements; if I got up to go to the loo she'd be there, if I nudged my house keys she would jump up expectantly - when she was no longer there nothing reacted, everything was silent. I have to say her death made me take a really really long look at my life and what a rut I was in. I'm determined to make something positive come out of this change in my life. Wish I could have one last snuggle though. *weep* --- I can totally relate, Yvonne. I gave up on having a nightlife where I'd have to dress up ages ago. I'm a strictly casual girl these days. One day, love, we shall get glammed up and hit Flamingos and Blackpool won't know what's hit it (although I prefer a pub quiz any day!)

Ha ha ha yea. we will have to get out feather boa's out for flamingos lol,

I'm with you both bout losing a pet, we had to have our cat put down 2 weeks ago , the house feels so strange now ,

Sorry to hear about your cat, Yvonne. Looks like we having been having much luck with our furry friends recently. :(

Had a successful day today. Went into town with my mother. Had a really nice time but really struggled to find something to eat that was on plan at the cafe we stopped at. We ended up going to the co-op to buy some fruit! I was so ready for my tea, all id had was fruit all day. Got some hair dye and then treated my mum to a few outfits for Australia because she will be over there for Mothers Day.

Cant wait for this second episode of Eastenders to be done then I can get to bed and read. Shattered!

B - Orange and an apple
L - Mango grape and Apple fruit pot
D - Fresh prawn pasta salad with a dollop of Mayo.
way under calorie goal today but that's just the way my day has gone.
Spent a good 4 hours on my feet today and then took the long way home too. There was quite a lot uphill and I was laden with bags so I'm ending the day on a very difficult 7k steps, didn't reach target but I feel I actually did more than usual.

Hope everyone is well :)

Sorry to hear about your cat, Yvonne. Looks like we having been having much luck with our furry friends recently. :( Had a successful day today. Went into town with my mother. Had a really nice time but really struggled to find something to eat that was on plan at the cafe we stopped at. We ended up going to the co-op to buy some fruit! I was so ready for my tea, all id had was fruit all day. Got some hair dye and then treated my mum to a few outfits for Australia because she will be over there for Mothers Day. Cant wait for this second episode of Eastenders to be done then I can get to bed and read. Shattered! B - Orange and an apple L - Mango grape and Apple fruit pot D - Fresh prawn pasta salad with a dollop of Mayo. way under calorie goal today but that's just the way my day has gone. Spent a good 4 hours on my feet today and then took the long way home too. There was quite a lot uphill and I was laden with bags so I'm ending the day on a very difficult 7k steps, didn't reach target but I feel I actually did more than usual. Hope everyone is well :)

Hi Essie
So glad you enjoyed your day :)
Oh my can you believe eastenders

I can actually believe it because Ive been saying it was Bobby for weeks! My mates are all well impressed with me! Haha. After the early episode everyone was teasing me saying id got it wrong by saying Jane was covering it up for Bobby...I was victorious at the end of the second! Haha, my God I'm so sad!

PS I think Max helps Jane cover it up.

Did is you have a good day today hun?

her eyes constantly flicked to my boobs

Sheer envy, Susie! I asked my 32AA lodger to mend my 46D bra (she's good with a needle) and she was openly envious!

Enjoy them while you can, cos they will shrink along with the rest of you!

Sorry for hijacking the thread :)

Helena

When you have a large chest it's like music to our ears that they get smaller. I'm not really 'enjoying mine while I can' because they get in the way and cause awful backache. But then again, you weren't talking to me.

Afternoon all!

I'm raring to go today and I'm feeling mega motivated. I've noticed how some people self sabotage and make excuses for themselves when it comes to making any kind of changes in their life and I've noticed how much that frustrates me - I'm determined not to be that person ever again. I don't want to be known as a quitter or someone that is all take and no give. There are so many inspiring women on here who have one thing in common - positivity!

So, that being said I've been out today for quite a long walk and I'm now just having lunch inbetween gutting a cupboard space that's been used as a dumping ground for ages. I can feel a small sense of Spring today so time for some cleaning! Hopefully it'll burn a few calories and use a few different muscle groups.

Ive ordered a set of kettle bells from Argos this morning so that will be interesting!

Does anyone watch Whitney: Fat Girl Dancing? While I have my reservations I just love how body confident she is! Awful example of how not to lose weight but a great example of how she isn't letting her weight hold her back too much. I guess you can still try to love your body the way it is right now.

Afternoon all! I'm raring to go today and I'm feeling mega motivated. I've noticed how some people self sabotage and make excuses for themselves when it comes to making any kind of changes in their life and I've noticed how much that frustrates me - I'm determined not to be that person ever again. I don't want to be known as a quitter or someone that is all take and no give. There are so many inspiring women on here who have one thing in common - positivity! So, that being said I've been out today for quite a long walk and I'm now just having lunch inbetween gutting a cupboard space that's been used as a dumping ground for ages. I can feel a small sense of Spring today so time for some cleaning! Hopefully it'll burn a few calories and use a few different muscle groups. Ive ordered a set of kettle bells from Argos this morning so that will be interesting! Does anyone watch Whitney: Fat Girl Dancing? While I have my reservations I just love how body confident she is! Awful example of how not to lose weight but a great example of how she isn't letting her weight hold her back too much. I guess you can still try to love your body the way it is right now.

Love your post ,
That's exactly what I was doing for the past 12 month , using every excuse to fall off plan but I'm also fed up of it and sounding like a stuck record , I feel ppl would read my diary and be thinking oh here we go again ,
There is always going to be something to challenge our journey , I'm now determined to deal with it along the way rather than losing the plot completely ,
It was getting embarrassing ,

Have a super day xxx

Omg yes, I can totally relate. I haven't really even attempted to eat healthy in the past five years, I had my head totally buried in the sand about it all. I was putting on almost one stone per year. In fact My Fitness Pal said I last logged in 43 months ago and I've put on almost 40lbs in that time. One good thing is with every pound I lose that number comes down and soon I be able to say that I've lost the weight I gained during a very difficult time....and then I can carry on losing even more. It's really rewarding to see those years drop off my body and so quickly too.

You are much further along your journey than I am but I guess every time you pick the reins back up it feels like you are starting again. It's all relative. I'm glad you're feeling positive too, there must be something in the Blackpool water :)

When you have a large chest it's like music to our ears that they get smaller. I'm not really 'enjoying mine while I can' because they get in the way and cause awful backache. But then again, you weren't talking to me.

Whoops sorry, just being humorous, did not mean to cause offence. When I lost 25lb a few months ago I was disappointed that my breasts shrunk, whilst my gigantic thighs stayed the same :-(

Afternoon all!

I'm raring to go today and I'm feeling mega motivated. I've noticed how some people self sabotage and make excuses for themselves when it comes to making any kind of changes in their life and I've noticed how much that frustrates me - I'm determined not to be that person ever again.

I have news for you. Apparently Wemitts means "We mean it this time" and now you've joined it, there is no escape. I found this out when I wanted to give up but the ladies would not let me. We are allowed a little stumble, to fall off the wagg now and again, but we are never allowed to give up.

We are in this together Essie!

Love Helena xxx

Haha, nope I'm not giving up! I'm pleased to see you are feeling focussed :) we can do it, Helena :)

Wish I could have one last snuggle though. *weep*

I'm with you both bout losing a pet, we had to have our cat put down 2 weeks ago , the house feels so strange now ,

Hugs to you both it is so horrid without them x

I'm raring to go today and I'm feeling mega motivated. I've noticed how some people self sabotage and make excuses for themselves when it comes to making any kind of changes in their life and I've noticed how much that frustrates me - I'm determined not to be that person ever again. I don't want to be known as a quitter or someone that is all take and no give. There are so many inspiring women on here who have one thing in common - positivity!

So, that being said I've been out today for quite a long walk and I'm now just having lunch inbetween gutting a cupboard space that's been used as a dumping ground for ages. I can feel a small sense of Spring today so time for some cleaning! Hopefully it'll burn a few calories and use a few different muscle groups.

Ive ordered a set of kettle bells from Argos this morning so that will be interesting!

Awesome inspiring post - you should print it off and stick it somewhere easy to find for if you;re having a bad day :D

Good luck with the KB. I truly love mine and genuinely see changes in my body thanks to them. Although sometimes mid using them I don't feel as much love :8855:

Haha, yes I think I might end up having a love hate relationship with those kettle bells too. My upper body strength is awful so I'm expecting some aches and pains in my near future!

Good but lazy day today. I always tell myself I'm going to workout loads on a Saturday (I think it's psychological because Sunday is weigh-in day) and I never do it! I've literally hardly moved a muscle today. Just done my Asda online shopping which will arrive tomorrow, which can't come soon enough because I'm on rations!
Was expecting one of my daughters to come tomorrow but she just cancelled due to uni assignment deadlines i.e bad time management!

Who else has kids here? And if you do how old are they? Anyone else with teens?
Its my twos birthday in two weeks, they'll be 19, so we shall have a nice get together then (looking slimmer than I do today!)

Hope everyone is well :)

food:
B- Oats and raisins
L - Scrambled eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tomato and half a slice of rye bread. (First bread in ages, feel bloated)
D - Grilled chicken and brown rice with tomatoes, peppers and courgettes.

6lbs down for me this week. Brings total to 20lb in past five weeks. 6lbs down?? This seems like too much. I'm expecting to STS next week due to TOTM fluctuations but for now, I will definitely DEFINITELY take this loss!

So, some NSVs for me this week have been:
- Going into clothes shops and visiting the town centre without making up excuses.
- Able to stay on my feet for four hours without sitting down
- sleeping much better
- being able to understand that if I stay up until 2am and I've last ate at 6pm I'm going to feel hungry, it doesn't mean that I need to eat. Feeling hungry is normal.
- Feel like I'm winning the battle with refined sugar and have become better informed about it this week.

Woohoo 6lbs is a fabulous loss Essie well done!!!!

And some more excellent notes on what you've learned - I love those, keep them coming! :)

6lbs down for me this week. Brings total to 20lb in past five weeks. 6lbs down?? This seems like too much. I'm expecting to STS next week due to TOTM fluctuations but for now, I will definitely DEFINITELY take this loss! So, some NSVs for me this week have been: - Going into clothes shops and visiting the town centre without making up excuses. - Able to stay on my feet for four hours without sitting down - sleeping much better - being able to understand that if I stay up until 2am and I've last ate at 6pm I'm going to feel hungry, it doesn't mean that I need to eat. Feeling hungry is normal. - Feel like I'm winning the battle with refined sugar and have become better informed about it this week.

Whoo hoo
You absolute star :)
I'm so happy for you ,

Brilliant nsv's too, you are doing so well ,

Back