140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

I'm feeling ok, thanks everyone. I'm expecting asda tomorrow so my food was what I could scrap together at the last minute, it felt like a total hodgepodge but writing it down it doesn't look too bad. Tomorrow the cupboards will be full of lots of nice healthy stuff, I might make snow angels in it on the floor in the kitchen before I pack it away, I'll be that happy to see it.

Food:
B - Omelette, apple
L - Lentil soup and 2x wholemeal pitta
D - salmon, sweet potato jacket, steam veg pack,
S - Cashew nuts, orange.
Water - 1.5l (annoyed with myself about this)
Exercise - 6,200 steps.
Daughter returns back to uni tomorrow so things shall go back to normal for a bit. Spent the day making sure she caught up with her university work, doing all her laundry, essentially making the most of the Mum role while I have the chance! I'm sure she can't wait to get away!
Hope everyone has had a good one xx

My daughter has gone back to uni and I'm taking stock of some of the things I've learnt while she has been here. I managed to stay on plan but I was very conscious of food and how I was going to navigate eating out, cooking for her and for me, and organising my shopping list to accommodate both of us.
In about two weeks they will both be back for a month so I need to make plans now -also it gives me an excuse to write a long overdue list :)

1. Make sure food shopping is in and that I double the amount of fruit I'm going to need, better still meal plan the week with them on board.
2. Make sure I don't let it affect my exercise and water intake because it has this time.
3. Get them to cook for themselves if they want something that wouldn't be on my plan.
4. Make sure I am firm about going to bed at a reasonable hour so that I get enough rest, this week my sleeping has been all over the place.
5. Encourage them to get out of the house alongside me, but if they don't want to go don't let it affect my motivation and do it anyway.

I'm not expecting perfection, but I am expecting progress.

FOOD:
B - Fruit and natural yoghurt
L - chicken breast, potato salad and salad
D - Wholemeal pasta with sweet potato and salmon.
snacks - Apple, pear.
Water - 2l
Exercise - 30 burpees (sort of!), 50 lunges, 50 squats and 6k steps.

Starting day 1 of Couch to 5k tomorrow if anyone wants to join in?

Last edited:
Great list Essie. I am in week 2 of couch 2 5k so happy to help motivate each other. :)

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

I might make snow angels in it on the floor in the kitchen before I pack it away, I'll be that happy to see it.

LOL yep been there myself, isn't it lovely when the fridge is full of fresh veg?! :)

I managed to stay on plan but I was very conscious of food and how I was going to navigate eating out, cooking for her and for me, and organising my shopping list to accommodate both of us.
In about two weeks they will both be back for a month so I need to make plans now -also it gives me an excuse to write a long overdue list :)

1. Make sure food shopping is in and that I double the amount of fruit I'm going to need, better still meal plan the week with them on board.
2. Make sure I don't let it affect my exercise and water intake because it has this time.
3. Get them to cook for themselves if they want something that wouldn't be on my plan.
4. Make sure I am firm about going to bed at a reasonable hour so that I get enough rest, this week my sleeping has been all over the place.
5. Encourage them to get out of the house alongside me, but if they don't want to go don't let it affect my motivation and do it anyway.

I'm not expecting perfection, but I am expecting progress.

Love this list! Such a good way to keep on plan with other people around! xxx

Great list Essie. I am in week 2 of couch 2 5k so happy to help motivate each]

Excellent! How did you find it? I've also downloaded the RaceforLife 5k kiqplan app, which looks really good too. I had intended on getting up the crack of dawn to go and run outside before anyone got up, but I didn't drop off to sleep until 1am and I know how important getting sleep is for weight loss, plus it was an excellent excuse to do it later. Really looking forward to getting started now though!

I found it ok. The first time I did it I was shocked at how long a minute felt towards the end, also found it hard to keep moving after the running but it gets better. The nhs app is great as the podcasts are quite motivating and well put together.

I Think the key is to take it easy, I think I went to fast at the start but learning to pace myself now. :)

I actually found week 2 first run easier than week 1 first run as I knew what to expect.

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Thanks for those tips, they came in handy! I've just completed my first day and I thought I was going to die during the walking parts towards the end, my heart was pounding in my ears at one point, haha. Well, I'm pleased that I've started it, I'm definitely going to keep it up now! We'll be knocking those 5ks out of the park, come the summer!

------

Feel much more on track and motivated today. Getting my water in and moving my body certainly helps lift my mood - I suppose no longer being ill also helps!

Food -
B - The biggest Apple the world has ever seen
L - Quorn chicken slices and beetroot salad pitta and an orange
D - Brown rice with Quorn chilli
S - Pineapple chunks. Cheese triangle, cashew nuts.
Water - 2.5l so far
Exercise - Day 1 couch to 5k (8 mins running, 22 mins brisk walking intervals)
Hope all is well with everyone!

Woohoo! Well done Essie on making a start. Super proud of you!

Glad I could help :)

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Well done Essie
Super proud of ya xxx

Thanks Von and Laura :)

LOL :D. As long as it kept you going! :)

And well done on the CT5K - off to a great start!

My jaw was killing me after that monster! And thanks hun, it was actually fun. I wonder if I'll be saying that in Week 5 when the intensity seems to step up a lot.

Last edited:
4lbs down for me this week. I'd calculated a deficit for about 2lb loss so I'm surprised by that number this week. Ive reached my 2 stone milestone, making it -30lbs in 8 weeks! Very pleased with my progress on the scales.

NSV's-
1. Had to eat out several times and managed to choose wisely everytime.
2. I'm planning things for my future that include fitness challenges, 5ks and fun runs etc
3. Learnt a lot rather than felt deflated when my daughter was here
4. Haven't noticed many body changes this week, but I know it must be happening because my heart feels better.
5. Shook off a cold MUCH quicker than I normally would.

This week my aim is to relax into this process a little more. I know I have the mental things in place and all my various fitness things are in progress, so now I need to learn to trust in it and know that it works.

4lbs down for me this week. I'd calculated a deficit for about 2lb loss so I'm surprised by that number this week. Ive reached my 2 stone milestone, making it -30lbs in 8 weeks! Very pleased with my progress on the scales. NSV's- 1. Had to eat out several times and managed to choose wisely everytime. 2. I'm planning things for my future that include fitness challenges, 5ks and fun runs etc 3. Learnt a lot rather than felt deflated when my daughter was here 4. Haven't noticed many body changes this week, but I know it must be happening because my heart feels better. 5. Shook off a cold MUCH quicker than I normally would. This week my aim is to relax into this process a little more. I know I have the mental things in place and all my various fitness things are in progress, so now I need to learn to trust in it and know that it works.

Whoo hoo
Go girl
Fabby dabby dozy

4lbs down for me this week. I'd calculated a deficit for about 2lb loss so I'm surprised by that number this week. Ive reached my 2 stone milestone, making it -30lbs in 8 weeks! Very pleased with my progress on the scales.

NSV's-
1. Had to eat out several times and managed to choose wisely everytime.
2. I'm planning things for my future that include fitness challenges, 5ks and fun runs etc
3. Learnt a lot rather than felt deflated when my daughter was here
4. Haven't noticed many body changes this week, but I know it must be happening because my heart feels better.
5. Shook off a cold MUCH quicker than I normally would.

This week my aim is to relax into this process a little more. I know I have the mental things in place and all my various fitness things are in progress, so now I need to learn to trust in it and know that it works.

Very positive post. Love it! Well done on the loss and all the NSVs.

I love the fact that you got over a cold much more quickly, Essie - I am noticing the same, probably helped by no fags :)

Long may it stay that way! :)

Thanks MW and Susie, I love me some NSV's! How many days are you on with no cigarettes now?

Well, I had the most beautiful lie in this morning. Such a restful night with some really funny dreams, so that was a positive start to the day. I had the spinach, chicken and ricotta M&S Count on Us pizza last night and it was glorious! I'd shop at M&S all the time if it wasn't so flipping expensive!

Yesterday's Food:

B - Fruit and Yoghurt
L - Bacon, egg and tomato bloomer at m&s cafe
D - Chicken, Spinach ricotta pizza and salad.

Plans for for the day includes Day 2 of C25K, and a conditioning workout later, then a nice bath. My thighs have just about recovered from those burpees I did the other day, so it's time to wreck them again!

Also, is having to fork out for all new bras a non-scale victory? If so, why does it feel like a total pain in the arse!?
Hope all is well with everyone, have a good day!

UPDATE: day 2 Couch to 5k completed. Didn't feel like I was going to die now I knew how many runs I was going to have to do. Still trying to master steady breathing while feeling like a beached whale gasping for breath, but it's progress.

Last edited:
I'd say it's a nsv ;) I hate shopping for bras at the moment as I don't seem to stay the same size for long

Your day sounds fab, I definitely think a bath will be called for. Pop some bubbles in and have a nice relax as you'll definitely deserve it :)

I'd say it's a nsv ;) I hate shopping for bras at the moment as I don't seem to stay the same size for long

Your day sounds fab, I definitely think a bath will be called for. Pop some bubbles in and have a nice relax as you'll definitely deserve it :)

Bra shopping is awful. My boobs are the biggest part of me so it's impossible to find any that fit. Thankfully the Internet understands. Do they HAVe to charge twice as much though, really? Taking advantage somewhat!

Back