140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Buy the bras on eBay hun, I do! And I agree with Emmy, it's definitely an NSV! :)

I'm on Day 72 of no cigs and Day 75 of no booze - feeling really good, although my lungs are starting to clear out some gunk, which is a bit unpleasant but not surprising for a 30+ year habit!

Now get yourself a good long soak in the bath - that's such a nice treat! and then slather on some body butter - the Nspa range from Asda is gorgeous.

Buy the bras on eBay hun, I do! And I agree with Emmy, it's definitely an NSV! :)

I'm on Day 72 of no cigs and Day 75 of no booze - feeling really good, although my lungs are starting to clear out some gunk, which is a bit unpleasant but not surprising for a 30+ year habit!

Now get yourself a good long soak in the bath - that's such a nice treat! and then slather on some body butter - the Nspa range from Asda is gorgeous.

Your lungs probably LOVE you right now! How excellent, you're completely over hauling your body. Have you just gone cold turkey or using patches?
Thanks Susie, ebay literally never occurred to me! I've been and had a look and there is plenty to chose from, all much cheaper! Might have opened a can of worms now....what's the consensus on secondhand clothes from ebay? I'm thinking it might be a way of getting some short term outfits. But if it's dodgy then I'll give it a body swerve.

---------

I've had such a positive day today. Did C25k day two, as I mentioned before, then later did a 14min HIIT full body circuits using the 7minutes app. I discovered that tricep dips are not my forte as I almost dislocated my shoulder as I collapsed downwards, thank god I workout in private. I also did jumping jacks. I do not DO jumping jacks because boobs, but suddenly I was jumping and I completed it. Still hate them but yey! I know you don't have to do exercise to lose weight, which is brilliant, but I am really feeling the positive benefits psychologically. As you all know I'm trying to address mental health issues too, so it's great that I'm finding ways to lift my mood on my own.

B - Eggs, Turkey bacon and mushrooms
L - Prawn and avocado salad, watermelon
D - Haddock Mornay, potatoes and peas.
Snacks - Orange, Apple, cashews
Water - 3l
Exercise - C25k day 2, 14min HIIT Circuits, 11,282 steps (4.6miles)

Your lungs probably LOVE you right now! How excellent, you're completely over hauling your body. Have you just gone cold turkey or using patches? Thanks Susie, ebay literally never occurred to me! I've been and had a look and there is plenty to chose from, all much cheaper! Might have opened a can of worms now....what's the consensus on secondhand clothes from ebay? I'm thinking it might be a way of getting some short term outfits. But if it's dodgy then I'll give it a body swerve.

As you all know I'm trying to address mental health issues too, so it's great that I'm finding ways to lift my mood on my own.

I went cold turkey hun, with the occasional puff on an e-cig :). Really happy I've done it - but I could sink back into it so easily, so addictive! But I'll get there :).

Re eBay clothing - I buy EVERYTHING on eBay (except knickers) and never pay much more than a fiver on a top. I've picked up loads of linen tops that way :)

And I am so delighted you're doing this really challenging exercise - it can only bring many good things to you, love, including a happier, content and warm feeling inside xxx

Brilliant day hun , well done you on the running , I started it but had to pack it in coz of my knee,

I went cold turkey hun, with the occasional puff on an e-cig :). Really happy I've done it - but I could sink back into it so easily, so addictive! But I'll get there :).

Re eBay clothing - I buy EVERYTHING on eBay (except knickers) and never pay much more than a fiver on a top. I've picked up loads of linen tops that way :)

And I am so delighted you're doing this really challenging exercise - it can only bring many good things to you, love, including a happier, content and warm feeling inside xxx

Awesome, thanks. Ebay won't know what is about to hit it! And you always say the best things, Susie. <3

Brilliant day hun , well done you on the running , I started it but had to pack it in coz of my knee,

Thanks Hun, although to be fair, I'm not exactly running - it's more of a stagger. Yeah, that's a shame, will your knee ever be back to 100%? Luckily you don't have to go high impact to get the benefits, I'm just trying to push myself while im on the right side of 40!

Thanks Hun, although to be fair, I'm not exactly running - it's more of a stagger. Yeah, that's a shame, will your knee ever be back to 100%? Luckily you don't have to go high impact to get the benefits, I'm just trying to push myself while im on the right side of 40!

No my surgeon said even after my next op it won't be much better as I've no cartilige between the bones so they are grinding together,

Where do you go running ? When I did it I sometimes went on the lower walk as I felt a bit hidden from view ,

Where do you go running ? When I did it I sometimes went on the lower walk as I felt a bit hidden from view ,[/

Sorry to hear that about your knee. God it sounds painful too. (Hugs)
Today I ran towards Staining and round towards Poulton. I really want to run on the lower prom, but when I went there the other day there was loads of runners out and I felt a little self conscious. When I get better I intend on getting the bus there a few times a week to either walk or jog. That's the goal anyway :)

Wow that's a fair area ,
Lol
There wasn't any runners when I went on prom or I wouldn't of done it,
I used to get the bus to town ,
I live in poulton,

Wow that's a fair area ,
Lol
There wasn't any runners when I went on prom or I wouldn't of done it,
I used to get the bus to town ,
I live in poulton,

Do you?! I live on the Poulton side of Grange. I love Poulton, such a lovely little town. I wasn't on the lower prom so perhaps that's more private, maybe I'll get to go jogging there sooner than I thought! Need to get some new trainers first because mine aren't built for me actually doing any kind of training, oh the irony.
Talk to you soon :)

Yay to 4lb !!
Absolutely amazing, I'm totally with you on needing to trust the process will work if the work is put in x

Thanks, perfect! (I love that John legend song by the way). Yep, just got to relax into it now so I can keep it up forever. :)

**Over emotional post alert**

Today I had a little cry after doing some Zumba in my living room. Not unhappy tears, I was crying because I am so grateful to my body that, after how much I had given up on it, abused it and no longer cared about it, it is responding to me when I ask it to. It's made me realise how lucky I am. I could have easily died of an early heart attack because I used to literally nothing at all, all day, every day. I had completely checked out of life, because I'd been hurt and it was safer staying indoors, protecting myself with food. I don't hate myself for doing that. I feel sad that I didn't have the coping skills available to me at that time. And now as I start to emerge from that, my body is ready to respond to me in the way I need it to. I am going to do everything I can to care for my body and mind from here on in, without restricting myself to make up for lost time, because that isn't care, that's punishment. I'm going to give myself time to re-train my brain, expect bad days because everyone has them, and plan for the days when my body isn't quite so responsive and know that's ok too.
Maybe my body isn't the shape I want it to be, and the number on the scale is much higher than I'd like, but I love it nevertheless, and that's something new for me.

Oh what a wonderful, uplifting post, Essie! Big big hugs sweetie, you have put a smile on my face :).

I know exactly what you mean. If I'd kept going on my old way of living, I would be headed straight for diabetes, heart problems, you name it - but instead I got knee pain - which was enough of a boot up the bum to get me moving, and which is now receding as I lose weight. Ditto the wheezing from all the fags. So I am very grateful that nothing worse has happened and touch wood won't, and I'm adding on lots of healthy happy years! xxxx

Thanks for your kind words ladies, I was totes emosh for a while there but I've pulled myself together now!

Quiet rest (ish) day today -

Food -
B - Bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
L - tuna steak, boiled egg and salad
D - chicken breast, sweet potato, steamed broccoli, carrots, cauliflower bag.
Snacks - Orange, pear, cashews
Water - 2.5l
Exercise - 25 mins Zumba video, and 1.2miles

All night for me, night all. Hope you've all had a good day :)

I love your positive posts and all your NSVs. You always make me smile.

The body truly is an amazing machine. A huge driver for me losing weight is to allow my body to work at its full potential.

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

I love your positivity and sheer determination to keep going and to not focus on the bad days. That emotional post makes sense to so many of us because we're in the same boat :bighug:

Hope you have a good day today xx

Aww, thanks Laura and Emmy :) Sometimes I think im too positive and I must be doing something wrong to be feeling this way. I guess it's been a long time coming because I've been a negative ninny for about 4 years! Thanks for your support, lovely ladies x

------

I first used MFP in 2011 for one week. I lost a pound and gave up! That was the last time I tried to diet. I was 291lbs on the 14th July 2011. This was my first entry on MFP so if I track my weight and go to 'All' it says, after losing 30lbs this time, that I am still up 14lbs overall. I gained 44lbs between July '11 and Jan '15. That means I have 14lbs to lose to get down to the weight I was when all this crap started happening in my life. It feels like I'm shedding all that crap off my body in such a relatively short space of time! I know I have goals to get to 10% and under 300lbs, but reaching 291 will be so symbolic for me. Today is exactly 2 calendar months since I started - n the next two I want to be below that number so I can officially draw a line underneath it. That's the motivation and thems the plans!

Back