140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Hmmm I honestly don't know hun - will be interesting to see what the others say. I have a lot of fat around my knee but not hard, as you describe.

I do have a really big red mark on my lower left leg, though, which I think is down to poor circulation (it doesn't hurt, just looks horrible) - have you started taking a closer look at bits of yourself that you want to fix now, I know I am - put up with things for ages, but now I'm losing weight, I'm also doing a sort of body improvement programme :).

I have a hard lump of fat on my right bum cheek!!! Its about 2 inches across i noticed it at Christmas but it hasn't got any smaller or bigger since then its a tiny bit darker than my skin looks like an old bruise.

xxx

i do not think its anything to worry about at all i really think its down to your weight loss but if you worried love i would get it checked out with your dr to keep your mind at rest

Last edited:
Hmm not sure what it'll do but if fat theres a good chance it might shrink. If its formed a lipoma (fatty lump) maybe harder to shrink. Perhaps try massaging it when you're putting on body lottion. I've been pummelling my fat calves which I swear aren't losing weight at the same rate as the rest of me & I do think its helping but I may just be deluding myself :8855:

hi est
how are you love x x x

Thanks for the messages regarding my knee. I've been massaging it and I think the quality of it has changed a bit, all I can do is keep losing and keep my eye on it. Susie, I'm definitely trying to target areas already, particularly my arms (which I know will have excess skin) and my lower belly (apron). I'm not expecting miracles though!

Having a nice time with the little one home. My other daughter decided to go on holiday with her bf so it's just us two this Easter. Off to the cinema on Sunday to see Cinderella. First time I've arranged to go to the cinema in years.

Quiet week, looking forward to next week because it looks like the sun might come out and can get some walking in. Daughter has lost 6lbs this week, calorie counting and drinking more water than normal. She is short and perhaps about a 20lbs overweight (though she looks fine to me and is pretty active) so she is pleased with her first weeks loss. We shall see what next week brings. I've stuck to plan, although I don't feel it is a 'plan' anymore - I guess I mean I haven't relapsed into old ways. Feels odd to think I've lost almost 40lbs since 18th Jan. Feels even more odd when I think about the improvement in my mental health. I've been outside more in these 10weeks than I did in the whole of 2014.

Cant wait for asda man to arrive this evening for he is the bearer of hot cross buns :)

Hey lovely.

Hope your week is going ok. How was the cinema? And more importantly the hot cross buns?

Great work on your daughters weight loss, def your positive influence.

Started 20/01/15
23lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 - 24/03/15
10% -
2st -

All going well here thanks, Laura! I did write an update yesterday but it auto logged me out and I lost it all. Anyway, I've had a lovely long weekend plus haven't felt the need to have any chocolate which was a minor miracle - the hot cross buns didn't arrive! I wasnt supposed to have them, clearly!
It was nice to go to the cinema last night, Cinderella was very twee and exactly how you'd expect it to be.

Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and I've reached my 3stone lost but won't update stats until the weekend. Did a lot of walking this weekend and I feel really good for it. Thank goodness for the sunshine arriving (although it's actually been really foggy, at least it isn't rain!)

Hope everyone had a great week xx

WI isn't until Sunday, so I won't believe it until then. Thanks for the link to the stickers!

I'm so hungry this week! I've had to increase my calories a little bit to stop myself from giving in to cravings and over indulging. I have been doing quite a lot of exercise so Thats probably the reason for the increased appetite (or the onslaught of Easter food adverts on the TV). Thank goodness I don't have anything off-plan in the house otherwise I'm not sure how strong my resolve would be.

B - Egg, avocado and one slice of toast.
L - Tuna quinoa and lots of salad
d - beef burger with no bun, sweet potato wedges, corn on the cob and tomato salad.
Snacks - Orange
water - 2.5l
Exercise - 3 mile walk, 45 mins salsa workout.

I'm so hungry this week! I've had to increase my calories a little bit to stop myself from giving in to cravings and over indulging. I have been doing quite a lot of exercise so Thats probably the reason for the increased appetite (or the onslaught of Easter food adverts on the TV). Thank goodness I don't have anything off-plan in the house otherwise I'm not sure how strong my resolve would be. B - Egg, avocado and one slice of toast. L - Tuna quinoa and lots of salad d - beef burger with no bun, sweet potato wedges, corn on the cob and tomato salad. Snacks - Orange water - 2.5l Exercise - 3 mile walk, 45 mins salsa workout.

Hi Essie.
I had craving for chips on the prom at lunchtime , had to give myself a serious talking to ,

Hi Essie.
I had craving for chips on the prom at lunchtime , had to give myself a serious talking to ,

Oh tell me about it! Well done for walking away though. I've decided that my next off plan meal is going to have to be a little fish and chips just so I can stop fantasising about it!

Thank goodness I don't have anything off-plan in the house otherwise I'm not sure how strong my resolve would be.

Yep think that's the best way forward, don't have the bad stuff in the house and then you can't eat it (this is actually a stern message to myself! :D).

I just had SW chips - they were lush :)

I don't have anything off-plan in the house otherwise I'm not sure how strong my resolve would be.
Its the safest way! Well done on keeping up the resolve and the exericse will really help even if its playing havoc with appetite x

Hi Essie.
Excellent willpower to resist. The smell of them somewhere like that is soooo hard to ignore ;)

Yep think that's the best way forward, don't have the bad stuff in the house and then you can't eat it (this is actually a stern message to myself! :D).

One of the joys of living alone is I'm in control of what here but stoopidly I have loads of chocolate!

Well, this week has definitely been the hardest since I began. Feel like I had a brick wall in front of me some days. I've had to be a bit obsessive in order to get past it without reverting back to type. Exercise has been the best thing, even though it's been so hard to motivate myself to do it. My new kettlebells arrived so they injected something new into my routine - blimey they give a good workout. But in general I've felt such hunger all week, and I'm still not sure if it's emotional or physical hunger.

I haven't weighed myself since my cheeky weigh in on Monday morning, as I'm not convinced I'm strong enough to see that they haven't shifted, even though I tell myself it doesn't matter!
Cant wait to get off the struggle bus!

On a positive note an odd NSV took place yesterday: I have hooded eyes even when slim, and always needed to wear false eyelashes when going out (my natural lashes are so short they do zero to open my eyes up). When I put on all this weight the increased 'puffiness' of the hood (see profile pic) made it impossible to wear them without looking like a drag queen. Haven't bothered wearing them in 3+ years. Tried an a light every-day-wear pair of lashes yesterday and voila! I can wear falsies again and I don't look like that mammoth from Sesame Street! Having eyelashes really masks the distance between my lid and brow and I am so happy for this weird little NSV.

And on that note I'm off to make some soup and then wash the windows (not with the soup), the joys! Have a good day everyone xx

Oh hun what do you think is behind you feeling this way about the brick wall? Whatever it is, you are overcoming it with your fab approach to exercise - what do you do with the kettle bells?

And fab news on the falsies - you definitely want to avoid a drag queen look :D

Stay strong lovely lady. You have got this.

Sorry you are having a tough time this week.

Started 20/01/15
28lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 - 24/03/15
10% - 07/04/15
2st - 07/04/15
2st 7 -

Back