140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Good day today. Hit my step target, drank stupid amounts of water and had a really good food day. Definitely enjoying this increase in proteins and good fats and the reduction in carbs. Feel very satisfied indeed. Just dyed my hair, had a bath and done my dove gradual tan and painted my toe nails. Off to watch Big Brother now and snuggle down to sleep in a good mood. Until tomorrow xxxx

Good day today. Hit my step target, drank stupid amounts of water and had a really good food day. Definitely enjoying this increase in proteins and good fats and the reduction in carbs. Feel very satisfied indeed. Just dyed my hair, had a bath and done my dove gradual tan and painted my toe nails. Off to watch Big Brother now and snuggle down to sleep in a good mood. Until tomorrow xxxx

Well done on a brilliant day , hitting your targets :)

Well done on getting into the teens.

Yeah, like you say it's not really a gain but it's a pity it's inconsistent. I'd forgotten you were doing that research thing. What is the research about? Some experts say that daily weighing can be really beneficial for people that tend to yo-yo, because people tend to stop weighing and put weight on, but if they made a commitment to weigh each day it would keep them focussed. I'm in two minds about daily weighing myself. If I fancy a weigh in I do it, I never feel guilty about it but also have to prepare myself for the numbers to be crazy.

I'm just going to link to the research page as I think they explain it better than I can. https://research.ncl.ac.uk/nulevel/whatisnulevel/

I think when it is over I will probably do a mid week check in and probably always weigh on Tuesday morning in hopes of predicting official weigh in.

Well done on a great day. Hope that good mood continues :D

I'm just going to link to the research page as I think they explain it better than I can. https://research.ncl.ac.uk/nulevel/whatisnulevel/

I think when it is over I will probably do a mid week check in and probably always weigh on Tuesday morning in hopes of predicting official weigh in.

That sounds like a really interesting thing to be part of, Snow. I take it you were in the more intensive group? It'll be interesting to see what the outcome is, although you've got to think that those given the most support and who weigh themselves often are going to be keeping the weight off? Who knows though, it could show the opposite! Keep us up to date with the results if you get them, please.

I didn't know puffy carb face was even a thing?! Apparently it's a well known fact? Clearly I've been living under a carbohydrate rock for the past 38 years.

LOL never heard of it but maybe that's my problem too :)

Can I just put out there that Blackpool would be a fab place for a WEMITTS meet up! Cheap b&bs and lots of things to do. Hint hint hint. Has there ever been a meet-up before?

Up for it! :) I did an Atkins meet up about 5 years ago and it was great fun, about 20 people in all - and we're mostly all still friends today on FB etc :)

Yey, ok, I'll do it now!

I'm up for a meet up too but might prefer somewhere in middle of country ;)

Yep, I can totally understand that hun. I know Blackpool is a bit out the way for a lot of folks.

wow well done shelly on getting your 12stone loss award that ie brill x x x

That sounds like a really interesting thing to be part of, Snow. I take it you were in the more intensive group? It'll be interesting to see what the outcome is, although you've got to think that those given the most support and who weigh themselves often are going to be keeping the weight off? Who knows though, it could show the opposite! Keep us up to date with the results if you get them, please.

Looks like a good idea.

Maintaining losses is hard and the diet industry have a vested interest in our yoyoing so they won't fund the research. Good for Newcastle uni. I hope the results are useful.

yeah - I think they are doing it in conjunction with Public health England to look at saving the health service money if this can help with weight loss or maintenance but I will definitely be asking about the publish results when I have my last appointment next week.

Hope you are having a good day Estameme - I have been meaning to ask you. There was a book you said you found good for changing your attitude to food - can you remind me what it was?

Afternoon ladies! All going well here, been to get my eyebrows done and now I'm having a crafting afternoon with my mum, making necklaces and bracelets with all her lovely beads and pottery charms that I made. Such fun!

Snow, the book is called Eating Less by Gillian Riley. I think I have the first edition, I got it second hand on Amazon, but I think there is a second edition. I have found it invaluable and I reccommed it whole heartedly. xx

Back