15 or so stone to lose...need help!

Fat2ThinGirl

Gonna get slim
Hi,

I've been lurking here a while, hanging my head in shame as I was here about the same time last yr pledging that this would be the last time and that I would lose the weight but yet again I somehow managed to block out all those hopes and plans to eat instead.

I've just started back on the Cambridge diet and am 1 week in. Lost 11lbs so far but am finding it a real hard struggle without food and it's a daunting process with so much weight to lose. I'm not sure I will be able to keep the diet up for the duration but would like to commit to 6 months and yet off a lot of this bulk before switching or stepping up. We'll see how it goes eh?

It really is this or weight loss surgery now as i'm not getting any younger but i'd really like to be able to feel proud of myself for losing the weight without surgery but it's getting to the point as i've tried so many times now and feel so disheartened that I don't know if I will be able to both lose it and maintain it as I have always regained it in the past...can't afford for that to happen this time! There are so may things that I have missed out on or avoided doing because of my weight and I want to be able to start being able to do them before it's too late!

Is anyone else in the same boat? Maybe we can support each other? I hope so.

I didn't want to read and run because no one's answered you yet lol! The only advice I can really offer is not to focus on the whole amount you'll have to lose but take it in little bites as mini targets and it'll seem a whole lot less daunting. Never give up, stick to your guns and grit your teeth when times get hard! And don't beat yourself up for the smallest little slip, be kind to yourself!
I hope someone on CD gets in touch and gives you some support, good luck!

Hi,

Your post caught my eye as I could have written it myself. I too have a very long journey ahead of me and have wasted too much time in the past but we have now made the most important step - the first one. We can't go back in time and undo our mistakes so we have to learn from them and keep looking forward, and everytime we slip we need to pick it back up and get back on it again. I feel different this time around, I truely believe that I CAN do it, and I think that logging in here and sharing the journey is really helping me. I am only thinking 7lbs at a time, so this week my goal is just one pound to get me to the 3rd 7!
You are doing so well already, just keep going one day at a time and keep in touch, we can keep each other going and help keep each other on the wagon, through gentle persuasion or an almighty kick up the backside!!!

Hello

I am not on CD but can relate to what you say. I have started, restarted, failed and now starting AGAIN, the final attempt.

I have a lot of weight to lose too and it is daunting, but I try to visualise the new me this time next year :eek:

I gave myself a reality check recently and thought its GOT to go. I have no self confidence, social life and generally sick and tired of how I look and feel.

I too had a thought about surgery when I see the 'results' from gastric bands but couldn't summon the courage to ask my doctor as I would then be admitting my weight problem to him (he of course knows and can SEE my weight problem lol) but you know what I mean? also I was scared of surgery because of my weight :confused: :confused: :confused:..so here I am, healthy eating and willpower and see how it goes!

Good luck, everyone on here is so friendly and supportive, I look forward to chatting with you.

Good luck with your journey :)

I know exactly how you feel,i have a long journey ahead but feel more motivated than i have ever felt but if i was to fail this time i would seriously be considering surgery :( but as you say i want to feel proud i have done it myself :)
I have been on Weightwatchers for a week and so far no problems and its really not affected me to much except obviously smaller portions,more fruit and veg etc. I don't really know much about the CD but good luck with it and always here (or on facebook) if you need a chat :D

Hi I can also really relate to your post. I have started and re-started so many diets that I even bore myself when I hear me saying I'm starting another one. But this time I feel different. In the past I have tried losing weight for a holiday or to be able to feel better and none of these reasons really worked for me. But this year I really want to get pregnant with our first child and I simply cannot do that at just shy of 20st. It wouldn't be healthy for me or our child.

I am in my first week of exante total solution, almost identical to cambridge ss. It's really hard going and a quite brutal diet but you can't argue with the results. I think the trick is to find something to aim for that works for you. Having a goal is a real motivator, just make sure it's realistic and achievable. Good luck with your journey x x

Hi,

I've been lurking here a while, hanging my head in shame as I was here about the same time last yr pledging that this would be the last time and that I would lose the weight but yet again I somehow managed to block out all those hopes and plans to eat instead.

I've just started back on the Cambridge diet and am 1 week in. Lost 11lbs so far but am finding it a real hard struggle without food and it's a daunting process with so much weight to lose. I'm not sure I will be able to keep the diet up for the duration but would like to commit to 6 months and yet off a lot of this bulk before switching or stepping up. We'll see how it goes eh?

It really is this or weight loss surgery now as i'm not getting any younger but i'd really like to be able to feel proud of myself for losing the weight without surgery but it's getting to the point as i've tried so many times now and feel so disheartened that I don't know if I will be able to both lose it and maintain it as I have always regained it in the past...can't afford for that to happen this time! There are so may things that I have missed out on or avoided doing because of my weight and I want to be able to start being able to do them before it's too late!

Is anyone else in the same boat? Maybe we can support each other? I hope so.

Could have written your post myself. I don't feel like this is my last chance but do have that feeling that I just can't continue to yoyo for a minute longer or get any bigger.
I also feel like I'm missing out on so much and avoid doing...it's like all the fun stuff is on hold until I lose weight and am just impatient to get there now.

You're a braver lady than me taking on a no food diet. Don't think I could do that. Maybe if I lived alone and could keep the cupboards bare I might manage it but for me Slimming World is definitely the way to go as it's teaching me about healthier choices and having things in moderation.
There are certain things I just can't have (crisps, white bread) so I don't even go there but learning to control myself and think about the consequences, for me, is very beneficial.
Maybe something to think about when/if you can't hack it with no food. Your weight loss so far is looking great though!

Anyway, hope you're sticking with it. Don't give up...as tempting as it is, if you're anything like me then you don't want to get any bigger...

Keep posting here too and arm yourself with support, encouragement and information! xx

Hi
Like so many others, I could have also written your post!! You've great weight loss so far so hang in there. Take it week by week and you'll begin to see the difference in a short while.
Keep posting here-the support here is wonderful xxx

Thanks for all the support. I'm 30lbs down in just over a month. Hope to continue with Cambridge 100% at least until I can get myself under 20 stone...aiming to get to that stage by the end of July. Have signed up to the Jan-July challenge. It's not been an easy diet and there have been occassions where I have had one of those days and felt like having a blow out... but I just keep trying to focus on the positive of where I want to be, rather than how hard the diet is or how long it's going to take me to get there! Ellie

wanted to poke in and fling myself at yah in a crazyish way screaming well done....ooops i scared you...sulks back to my thread :wave_cry:
(ignore my randomness I'm overtired)

I can also relate to your story and take my hat off to you as I couldn't stick to CD. Its comforting to know that there are others that feel the same as me. Good luck hun x

Back