15 stone to 14 stone support

3lbs off for me today which meant 2st 7lbs woooo! only 8 more to lose to get into the next stone =D

Did you know, we started almost at the same time, weighed almost the same, and have lost almost the same amount of weight? Strange, but true! :D

3lbs off for me today which meant 2st 7lbs woooo! only 8 more to lose to get into the next stone =D

Oh yes, and we have the same goal weight :D

HELP! i'm really struggling this week! Mom is staying for 2 weeks and took us out for a meal on monday then she has brought biscuits and chocolates into the house. Don't know if its cause i have shingles but i just don't seem to have any willpower! Had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and ive gained 3.5lbs since mondays weigh in, so fed up!

brummie66 said:
HELP! i'm really struggling this week! Mom is staying for 2 weeks and took us out for a meal on monday then she has brought biscuits and chocolates into the house. Don't know if its cause i have shingles but i just don't seem to have any willpower! Had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and ive gained 3.5lbs since mondays weigh in, so fed up!

Step away from the cookie jar..... :D
In all seriousness though, just don't eat the goodies she has bought in. Or limit what you do decide to eat. If it wasn't there, you wouldn't want it. So why do you need to eat it just because it is there? Instead of reaching for the chocs, grab a nana. It has feel good chemicals in and will be more satisfying than the choc. If you go out for dinner any more use your noddle and pick what you know will be SW friendly.

If in doubt, force feed the chocolates and biscuit to every other family member to get rid of them ;)

To limit damage, best thing to do is just ensure you get back on plan now. Not tomorrow morning but right now. Drink plenty of fluids, ensure you fill up on superfree first and free foods second and use at least a minimum of 5 syns (too many people cut them out completely and it leaves them feeling deprived and usually ends with a binge - do not allow this to happen to you!)

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

I'm at my mothers on Sunday and I've got to battle her food spread and baked cakes so understand where you are coming from xx

Thanks Minkydinky. Of course i know your right! I have lost just over 4.5 stone since end of sept and was really staying on track so really annoyed at getting thrown off track! Just need to get refocused!

brummie66 said:
Thanks Minkydinky. Of course i know your right! I have lost just over 4.5 stone since end of sept and was really staying on track so really annoyed at getting thrown off track! Just need to get refocused!

There isnt anything wrong with having stuff off plan, if you're willing to take a sts or gain. I mean, it's not a race to get to target unless you wanna race ahead then that's cool! But don't beat yourself up over it by any means. You're only human and when you do hit target you are going to have to get used to other foods being more easily allowed in your diet so.... Y'know it's not awful really :)

Well done on your losses so far, you have done amazingly well! Keep up the good work too. And if your mum buys any more naughties, serve her a dinner of just sprouts - no one likes a surprise of foods they don't want on them :D xx

Looking like there'll be a mass exodus next week! Praying that I'm one of them..15st 1lb atm! Good luck :D xx

brummie66 said:

Try not to beat yourself up over it Brum love, you have lost a lot of weight in a very short time and there is no real harm in loosening the reigns now and again.

The 3.5lbs is just water weight from the extra volume of food and probably extra salt intake, and it's not too late to pull it back for this week.

Count it as your Easter break, like you would at Christmas. Personally I think that sometimes having a break for a few days gives our metabolism a kick up the bum, it usually does me anyway.

Like minky says there's no desperate rush to lose the weight, it takes as long as it takes, and like the rest of us, if we get straight back on track after little wobbles, so what does it matter if it takes us 1 week longer to reach target?

xJoanneJJx said:
Looking like there'll be a mass exodus next week! Praying that I'm one of them..15st 1lb atm! Good luck :D xx

Me too 15st 1lb after a 4.5lb loss this week. I'm hoping to move on down next week.

Thanks hazeyblue, feeling more positive today and 100% so far today! Going to try and limit the damage and then get back on plan next week!

Thanks hazeyblue, feeling more positive today and 100% so far today! Going to try and limit the damage and then get back on plan next week!

xMandyDx said:
My plan of action is to wherever possible do success express, as I have a night out on Sunday (unavoidable) where there will be plenty of alcohol intake (also unavoidable, as I'm in a singing competition and the only thing that settles the nerves is alcohol lol) so I need to compensate for that night and still lose 1.5-2lb to get into the 14s. I'm not long up, so just about to have breakfast. I'm thinking, an apple, a banana, and 2 slices wholemeal toast. That's half and half, I reckon!
I'm also going to up my water intake, and get some proper nights' sleep. Having a good sleeping routine actually helps with weight loss...and since it's late at night that the munchies attack me, if I'm asleep they won't bother me a bit!

Still on plan for moving on tuesday?! I'm being super good at drinking water at the moment. Got a 500ml bottle that I've been filling up and carrying round with me. My main issue being off work is that I forget to eat :S only had an apple, meat free burger in bun with cheese onions and mushrooms today. Oh and a pack of mini choc dodgers. Now to actually get a dinner in me.

I so want to see a 14 on Tuesday! Aaaaahhhhh! Xxx

Still on plan to move Tuesday! I'm being totally angelic because I actually have two nights out this week. I went out for a few drinkies with my mother on Thursday night, and I have my competition on Sunday night.
I did go way over my syns on Thursday night (40 syns for 5 pints) but when I got home I went right for a superfree salad rather than a fry up or sandwich.
I wasn't as good as I could have been yesterday, due to a slight hangover.... but I still managed. I didn't go over my syns, nor did I eat things that were bad for me. I just missed breakfast and had only fruit for lunch.

well weighed this morning and as expected a totally deserved 2lb gain! Will try and knuckle down even though Mom is staying another week.

xMandyDx said:
Still on plan to move Tuesday! I'm being totally angelic because I actually have two nights out this week. I went out for a few drinkies with my mother on Thursday night, and I have my competition on Sunday night.
I did go way over my syns on Thursday night (40 syns for 5 pints) but when I got home I went right for a superfree salad rather than a fry up or sandwich.
I wasn't as good as I could have been yesterday, due to a slight hangover.... but I still managed. I didn't go over my syns, nor did I eat things that were bad for me. I just missed breakfast and had only fruit for lunch.

How did the competition go sweetie? My brother was a karaoke king and I love going to watch it, some are car crashes but others are amazing!
Oh and how's the head? ;) xxx

brummie66 said:
well weighed this morning and as expected a totally deserved 2lb gain! Will try and knuckle down even though Mom is staying another week.

Don't worry brum! It's what I like to call jelly weight - it's not set yet so you can have that off next week. And you know why you had a gain and what to do now so tell mother not to buy any more choccies n stuff or she will get 5 minutes of the naughty step :D xxx

Mine was a mixture of both amazing and car crash.

Got up and sang the first song and nailed it. Then got too drunk and totally blew the second one. The intro was shorter than I was used to, and so I missed the beginning and was out of time, and then got really flustered and sang the wrong bloody words and everything. Not surprisingly, I didn't qualify.

My head is killing me, and I'm currently giving great consideration to becoming a hermit.

Back