15 stone to 14 stone support

You and me both Anju10, one thing though, look at all your achievements in your signature, that is something to be very proud of. Keep going the way your going, trust me it will pay off. Can I ask do you keep a diary, maybe it might be no harm to show to your consultant and see what they say

Hi Orla

I have been keeping a food diary ever since I started, even done an SAS log. The fast forward had its own diary which I also filled in. Shown it to the C and she cant see anything out of the ordinary. Getting so down hearted by it all. I just wish that effort in = results. Just dont get it! Can only hope that due to all of the exercise I am holding on to too much water and the scales will redress the balance next week. :sigh:

1.5 on this week! WTF! :cry: been 100% on plan and even upped the exercise from 5 to 7 classes at the gym!

Anju - I'm sorry that the scales are being difficult, everyone else has already said it but it's true, sometimes they don't reflect what's happening in your body. Have you tried drinking more water or mint tea? A lot of people swear they make a difference in shifting water and bloating. Don't lose heart, you've come such a long way xx

I agree with Mandy, maybe try some of those herbal teas, can I ask when you got up on the scales did your weight fluctuate, if it did then that is fluid, mine fluctuated last night and I would swear it was always in the 14st bracket and then stopped abruptly at 15st on the button. To be honest I was a little disappointed but I cant complain as I'm due a big loss next week (fingers crossed) and I did get my 5st reward again, that I'm very grateful for.

I drink a big cup of double mint sensation made by twinnings every morning and trust me it works

Thanks guys. I didn't notice the SW scales fluctuate, but when I weigh at home they do. I will try the herbal tea, I'm already drinking about 2L of water most days. Orla do you have the mint tea first thing in the morning, or can I take it anytime?

Well done on the 5 stone award x

I agree with Mandy, maybe try some of those herbal teas, can I ask when you got up on the scales did your weight fluctuate, if it did then that is fluid, mine fluctuated last night and I would swear it was always in the 14st bracket and then stopped abruptly at 15st on the button. To be honest I was a little disappointed but I cant complain as I'm due a big loss next week (fingers crossed) and I did get my 5st reward again, that I'm very grateful for.

I drink a big cup of double mint sensation made by twinnings every morning and trust me it works

Well done on your 5 stone award :clap:

Thanks ladies, I take it at about 9am and that is all I have, some evenings I might drink a cup but not too much. Anju, do you think 2L of water is too much, your drinking this tea with water so I see that as a good thing.

I have to say I dont drink too much water, not a big fan

I need to drink more water - I'm drinking way too much fizzy pop, Pepsi Max and so on....all sugar free but full of nasty chemicals. :eek:

Weighed this morning and I've lost 4 pounds in my first week........it was looking like being more earlier on in the week but the scales crept back up. 4 pounds is good though and I've eaten more carbs than I normally do on SW and have been poked and prodded at the hospital, so I'm happy with that. I just hope I can keep having a loss every week, fingers crossed!!!! xxx

Weighed this morning and I've lost 4 pounds in my first week........it was looking like being more earlier on in the week but the scales crept back up. 4 pounds is good though and I've eaten more carbs than I normally do on SW and have been poked and prodded at the hospital, so I'm happy with that. I just hope I can keep having a loss every week, fingers crossed!!!! xxx

Fantastic loss, well done!! Hope all was well at the hospital x

Fantastic loss, well done!! Hope all was well at the hospital x

Awwww thanks hun, been really strict all week - first time I've stuck to a diet for ages. Enjoying it too! Hospital was a bit rough but I survived hehe, not been terribly well over the past 18 months - my body seems to be falling apart...lol. Am under a cardiologist, gynaecologist, endocrynologist, ENT and Lymphodema Clinic at the moment and have to fit them all in while I'm home....off to Spain in 2 weeks for work so I'm basically back and forth the hospital a few times a week.....as well as the doctors...lol....it's embarrassing now as they all know me by my first name.lol. Cringe!!!! One of the nurses at the hospital this week assumed I worked there hahahaha:eek:

Awwww thanks hun, been really strict all week - first time I've stuck to a diet for ages. Enjoying it too! Hospital was a bit rough but I survived hehe, not been terribly well over the past 18 months - my body seems to be falling apart...lol. Am under a cardiologist, gynaecologist, endocrynologist, ENT and Lymphodema Clinic at the moment and have to fit them all in while I'm home....off to Spain in 2 weeks for work so I'm basically back and forth the hospital a few times a week.....as well as the doctors...lol....it's embarrassing now as they all know me by my first name.lol. Cringe!!!! One of the nurses at the hospital this week assumed I worked there hahahaha:eek:

Oh well! Get it all out of the way in one hit!! I'm on first name terms with the nurses at my GP surgery as I'm there for regular blood tests, on the plus side it was one of them who commented on my weight loss first, and without being prompted :D

Well done Lozziep78, that is a fantastic loss, dont be worry about keeping it up you will as I can see your determination in your posts.

I too lately am at hospital too much, have arthritis (weight related), PCOS (weight related) and sleep apnoea (weight related) so they know me too in all the hospitals I attend

Hopefully with all this weight loss I will be able to cut down on the amount of time wasted waiting in hospitals !!!

Oh well! Get it all out of the way in one hit!! I'm on first name terms with the nurses at my GP surgery as I'm there for regular blood tests, on the plus side it was one of them who commented on my weight loss first, and without being prompted :D

It's a real boost when people notice the weight loss isn't it!!!! Really keeps you on track! :) xxx

Well done Lozziep78, that is a fantastic loss, dont be worry about keeping it up you will as I can see your determination in your posts.

I too lately am at hospital too much, have arthritis (weight related), PCOS (weight related) and sleep apnoea (weight related) so they know me too in all the hospitals I attend

Hopefully with all this weight loss I will be able to cut down on the amount of time wasted waiting in hospitals !!!

Yes, I'm going to give it my all this time. I'm sorry you're back and forth the hospitals too - it's a nuisance isn't it. I've got PCOS - makes dieting even harder doesn't it. My thyroid is the biggest pain at the moment - swinging about all over the place.....grrrrrr!!!! xxx

We are quite similar as I'm on the borders for an underactive thyroid and absolutely nothing can stop it happening, keep losing the weight and hope it stays away.

We are quite similar as I'm on the borders for an underactive thyroid and absolutely nothing can stop it happening, keep losing the weight and hope it stays away.

It's a pain isn't it! I started out severely overactive - but ironically I put on 2.5 stones (apparently 10 % of hyperthyroid patients put on weight not lose it - typical!!!! lol) it made me really poorly, damaged my heart, gave me dangerously low blood pressure and pulse...was a nightmare! Been up and down like a yoyo - Now I'm going underactive again......freezing cold!!!! Brrrrrr!!!! lol. Have to see the endo again in 2 months to see if I'm under enough for medication. ooooh hand me the thryoxene!!!!! ;) xxx

OMG that sounds awful although lately I have been feeling the cold and the tiredness is hitting big time today oops I think I may need a blood test taken

OMG that sounds awful although lately I have been feeling the cold and the tiredness is hitting big time today oops I think I may need a blood test taken

Definitely get a blood test Orla, make sure they sort you out!!!! You're the best judge of when it's playing up - you get the effects first before it shows in your blood tests xxxx

I got the blood test done once and I was in the range considered to be underactive but to be diagnosed I needed to get a second test done and it was normal again (thank goodness for that)

Back