15 Stone To Lose - Help And Encouragement Gratefully Recieved!

Hi petal :) here to follow ur journey! I had 11 stone to lose when I started bk and now am 2 stone 10 down :) hope ur well xx

hi

Glad to see you are doing well with SW. Keep up the good work. We will get there. Slowly but surely... ;) x

Evening all!

I am pleased to tell you that I got my half stone award this week at class, which of course I am thrilled with! My motivation is starting to slip a little, but that's is because I have been having a bad week depression wise. I am going to the doctors on Monday about it though. I've been on anti depressants on and off for the past few years so I am going to find out about going back onto them before things get too bad/out of control :)

How is everyone else doing at the moment? And what are your thoughts on staying on plan over christmas?

xXx

Glad to hear you got the award :) Sorry to hear about the depression :(

Going to be 100% on it over xmas as it's the time people expect you to fail but not this year I'm going to carry it on and not change a thing, going to have the works mind on xmas dinner, pigs in blankets the lot :D

Glad to hear you got the award :) Sorry to hear about the depression :(

Going to be 100% on it over xmas as it's the time people expect you to fail but not this year I'm going to carry it on and not change a thing, going to have the works mind on xmas dinner, pigs in blankets the lot :D

The thing is though you absolutely CAN have the works on this plan! :D

Hi Emma,

I was discussing xmas with my mum the other day. Going to hers for a nice big dinner, gonna have a proper breakfast, as in toast or cereal, as in the past my xmas breakfast has always been a cup of tea and opening a tin of biscuits, and then tea in the evening is usually cheese and biscuits followed by home made trifle.....you need a chisel for the custard....deeee-lish!!
Anyway, I have asked my mom to get me some low fat cheeses and philly, things like that so I although I will be having a lush dinner and a bit of trifle I am going to try and stick to sensible eating the rest of the day.
My mom also gets me, my bro and my sis a tin of biscuits and a big tin of sweets for xmas, each, but I have been really good and told her not to get me one!! There is only me and the little one this year and I am hoping to have another stone off by then so don't wanna ruin all my hard work by scoffing my own weight in celebrations!!!

p.s I got your message but didn't wanna text you cos of the time but I will be in touch!!!

Well done on your half stone award! :) Sorry to hear about your depression though :hug99: hope it doesn't get any worse for you.

I've been talking with my mum and OH about chritmas, we spend it at my mums. We usually have a fry up breakfast which my OH makes for us, although this year he agreed on no fry up breakfast - he says he will figure out a healthy alternative for us :confused: which I have no idea what it could be! I will be enjoying christmas dinner with all the trimmings of course, although I think I will have a smaller portion with no seconds! I've also told all my friends and family, no chocolates, buiscuits or candy as a present - as I usually end up with a tone of crap which would not be good. Hopefully they remember that!

xx

Hey Emma et al,
So sorry to hear about you suffering with depression. I've suffered with depression for a lot of years too so can totally understand what you are going through. Hope the docs can sort things out for you.
Although its difficult I hope you can stay motivated and stay on the plan, as the weight loss will make you feel great!
Keep up the good work.
Emms x

Well done on your weight loss. How do you find the classes. I used to find them a bit overwhelming although I never got on that great with SW for some reason.

Christmas is going to be at my parent's this year so we won't have to buy in half the shop in food (then realise we didn't need it all and take weeks to wade through it all lol) We have been buying in the odd typical treats as we said (my DH is doing WW too) we would have a week off and I think giving myself permission to eat what I want will make me think twice as I know if I put weight on I've got only myself to blame and will need to work harder to get the weight off. I just think if I tell myself I am not having lots of nice things then I will want it more iykwim.

We'll see anyway. Not that long to go either...eek!

Sorry to hear about your depression. I hope you have a decent Dr who trusts that you know your own body to know you need some help.

Helen x

Hope everyone is ok xx

I just thought I would let everyone know that I went to the doctors today and have been put back on anti-depressants, let's hope they do some good! :)

Well done on your weight loss this week Emma!!!

Hi Emma,

Just read all the way through this and when I started slimming work I also thought omg how am I 19 stone 5.5lbs I don't eat that bad! But I've been going 12 weeks an have lost 2stone 6lbs and realise that although I didn't eat too much or the wrong thing I would binge and not remember I had done it. Or something simple like have bread AND cereal or milk AND cheese - you don't realize how much of a difference that makes!

Your doing really well and should be so proud of yourself

X x x

Hi Emma,

Just read all the way through this and when I started slimming work I also thought omg how am I 19 stone 5.5lbs I don't eat that bad! But I've been going 12 weeks an have lost 2stone 6lbs and realise that although I didn't eat too much or the wrong thing I would binge and not remember I had done it. Or something simple like have bread AND cereal or milk AND cheese - you don't realize how much of a difference that makes!

Your doing really well and should be so proud of yourself

X x x
Hey there Miss Slinky!
Over 2 stone in 12 weeks thats fantastic! Have you had steady weight loss or good weeks and bad weeks. I've lost 9lbs in 4 weeks on WW, but feel like I am slowing down a bit. Any tips gratefully received.
Emms x :D:D

emmaholl said:
Hey there Miss Slinky!
Over 2 stone in 12 weeks thats fantastic! Have you had steady weight loss or good weeks and bad weeks. I've lost 9lbs in 4 weeks on WW, but feel like I am slowing down a bit. Any tips gratefully received.
Emms x :D:D

It's been really steady, I lost 5lbs, 4.5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2.5, 2, 2, 2.5, 3.5 I just find slimming world really easy to follow I make sure I have a treat EVERYDAY! Lol I eat loads of fruit and veg and fill up on superfree to stop myself picking. I also just keep in mind my goal and where I want to be and it stops me cheating. I bought a little personalized thing on eBay that says ...lbs to go till I reach my goal and I chalk down how much each week :) x x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Back