15 syns and good losses?

slimjanine

www.slimjanine.co.uk
Hi,

I'm interested to know if anyone regularly eats their full daily syn allowance and still has good losses?? I know some people do it weekly, so presumably you say 15 x 7 and then use them all up over the week?

Thanks
Janine

I eat way more than my 15 syns a day - probably closer to 20 syns per day but I prefer to be a little happier with my treats than lose weight faster.

I'm losing anything between 0.5 lbs and 3.5 lbs per week - so far, have lost just over 1 stone since beginning of January. Not fast, but it's staying off and I haven't had a gain since I started.

Don't know what you call 'good losses' as this does seem to depend on your weight, but hope that helps a bit...

Hi

I try to eat/drink all my syns as I don't want to get fed up or bored with being on a 'diet'! Some weeks (I count weekly) I go over 105 and others I'm just under.

I lose between 0.5lbs and 4lbs although there isn't a patten!

What do you class as a good loss?

Hi,
I'm at target now but when I was losing I always had my 15 syns, in fact if I hadn't had them by the end of the evening, I would find something to use them on!
I lost regularly and anything from half to 5 pounds, the bigger losses coming if I had lost half the previous week. It all balanced itself out to a pound a week.

A "good" loss is a pound in my book, it's the best weight loss to have and is easier to maintain.

The only I time I cut back to 5 a day was when I was getting closer to target and was struggling a little. If you have always had fewer syns then there is nothing left to cut back on, they offer you a bit of flexibility if the going gets tough.

Enjoy the syns, it makes SW work. We all want the weight to come off quickly but think of this as a way of life with added benefits of weight loss!!

I always have my 15 syns (maybe a few cheeky ones at the weekend too) and have lost 8.5lb in 5 weeks which i am happy enough with.

I've always stuck to 10 syns a day (70 for the week) . I don't always need a treat as such and tend to use my syns in my meals such as gravy, extra light mayo (obviously not at the same time lol) and things like that. I'm trying to get out of the habit of treating myself with food, so using my syns to treat myself to chocolate each day just isn't going to work for me. But that's just me :D

SkinnyMoo:

Some of our group members who don't always take all their healthy extras or syns really struggle to lose some weeks and they're actively encouraged to take them.

Fat and sugar (ie. syns) are as essential in our diets as vitamins and fibre - you should try to incorporate all of the plan in what you eat if you can!

I dont use all my As either - maybe that's why I have been struggling for the last few months! Normally use my Bs cos I have green days so double meat!

If you're using both your B choices for meat, have you thought about going onto extra easy? You'd free up your B choice for something else like cereal or bread.

That's really good to hear. If I have a few too many syns I tend to say oh sod it I've screwed up so may as well carry on troughing!!! This just goes to show that just because I may have had 20 syns one day it won't necessarily mean that day is a write off and therefore just keep going!!

i always use way more than my fifteen and i have lost slowly but stuck too it stone and a half since december with some weeks off too

A "good" loss is a pound in my book, it's the best weight loss to have and is easier to maintain.

I totally agree... 1lb off is fantastic and I always remind myself about 'The happiest 1lb' thread when I have a 'just 1lb' moment! Also with my 0.5lb losses I have started thinking that at least it's a loss - I will slowly chip away at my weight until I get to goal!

I don't always need a treat as such and tend to use my syns in my meals such as gravy, extra light mayo (obviously not at the same time lol) and things like that.

I need to start doing this. Often I see my syns as 'naughty' things like chocolate but I think I need to see some every day foods as being bad for me if I have them too often. (I have gravy and mayo on the same plate and it is yummy!)

Last edited:
I normally save mine for the weekend , reckon on 10/day, but today I have had 15, it was SO lovely in the garden I had 2 glasses of rose. ( and other nicnacs)Perfect! I find on EE that it's hard to have the HEB.

If you're using both your B choices for meat, have you thought about going onto extra easy? You'd free up your B choice for something else like cereal or bread.

Yes, but I didn't lose weight on it! Infact, I gained. Consultant even baffled! Told me to try a second week but I just couldn't!! Went back to green! - well actually I fell off the wagon, kinda had a tantrum!

Back