150lbs to go

Hi Kim's Dad, What a fantastic loss - well done you're doing brilliantly. Very impressed that your B.P.is going down and even more impressed that you can throw chip shop chips in the bin without eating any!!
Good Luck for next month. Shorty x

you are doing such an amazing job!!
keep up that hard work! and im also very impressed about chucking the chippies away... i dont think i could have done that... you have such will power!!!

just wondering if you could give us the recipie for your quorn chilli and curry.... would love to give it a go!!!
(dont think ive ever had chilli to be honest, always seen it, and thought... hmmmm yeah... then i change my mind and make or get something else!!!)

Hi Kes,
The Quorn chilli is so easy to make, just take a defrosted bag of quorn pieces (I use the beef style) and throw them into a pan. Add a jar of Uncle Bens Chilli con Carne sauce and a jar of kidney beans and simmer for about 20 minutes. I add dried crushed chillis for extra heat and also some sweetcorn if I've opened a can for a different meal. I've worked it out that a decentish portion with plain steamed rice comes out at about 300 calories and only 2.5 grams of fat. The curry is much the same, I use the Tikka Masala sauce as it's quite low in fat, chicken style quorn pieces plus any vegetables that I have lying around. Last week I threw in some cherry tomatoes as they were past their best and it tasted lovely.

I'm still losing weight each week, obviously I'd like things to happen a lot quicker but know that a small loss every week is the way to go.

I've been getting a bit fed up of the miserable, cold weather so have booked a week away to Spain on April 10th, all inclusive in Salou, as a reward for losing 3 stones. I haven't told Kim yet and am planning on keeping it a secret until we arrive at the airport. By booking the hotel direct and flying on a budget airline it's costing less than £500 for the two of us for 7 nights.

I'd like to lose 28lbs over the next 7 weeks which is a big ask but as we're flying Ryan Air I need to be as slim as possible as there's not much leg (or bum) room on their seats.
I'm hoping to be one of the few people who go on an all inclusive holiday and lose weight whilst I'm there. The plan is to go swimming every day, plus walking along the beach to burn up any extra calories but I'll be happy if I stay the same weight whilst I'm there.

wow... you must be very excited to be going away...
i would love to get away from this weather... (she says as she moved all the way over here from australia... stupid girl!!)

glad you are still postive and up beat... and you can lose the 28lbs. you just need to keep up the focus....

thanks for the recipies... might be checking that out!!!!!

Good LUCK

oooooh holiday sounds fab! wooop bet u cant wait! wat a lovely suprise for kim! Shes got a atop dad bless her!

I have every faith in you getting to goal! You are doing so fab!

keep it up mate! keep us posted!

love katie

xxx

Hi Kim's Dad, you're doing brilliantly and having the holiday to look forward to is a great incentive to stick with it.
Kim's a very lucky girl.
Best of luck.
Shorty x

Hey Mr...where are you??!

I'm struggling with the weight loss this month, seemed to have stayed the same for over a week now. Not really ate anything I shouldn't have but perhaps the portion sizes have been creeping up a little.
Going on a works do to an eat as much as you like buffet tomorrow night but will have my sensible hat on and stick to the low fat options washed down with diet coke.
Off for a look at the other threads to see what mischief you've all been up to.

its ok we all have weeks like this KD you just have to ride with it lol! It could be portion sizes creeping up so u could try watching them and filling up with more veggies and fruit!

You've lost so much weight an as you get smaller you need less calories but i guess u know that! lol

hope u and kim r well! It helps to post lots when you hit a plateau to keep the momentum up!

speak soon

love katie
xx

Hi Kim's Dad, I have the same problem at the moment. I seem to have stayed the same for ages and it is really getting me down. Like you I think maybe that my portion size has gradually increased (I know that I haven't been weighing stuff as much) so I need to sort that out right away.
Try not to get disheartened you have done so well it would be a shame for it all to go wrong now.
Hope you enjoy your evening out and good luck for next month.
Shorty x

yes we all do get like that... which is completly disheartning...
hope you are ok now though....
chin up!

hey kims dad how u getting on matey?
xxxxxxxx

Yes..where are you???
Come back!! Even if you've had a blip!..we all do it lol! xx

Hi, Not been on for a while but pleased to announce that the weight is still decreasing, very slowly though. I've lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks which is better than gaining 3lbs I suppose.
Still not exercising which doesn't help but had to make another hole in my belt to stop my trousers falling down so that was a small success.
Just had a jacket spud with vegetable chilli which was absolutely delicious, must remember to take my xenical soon as I haven't been 100% compliant over the last few weeks.
Got to make an appointment to see the doc soon so need to see a big weight loss this week, looks like I'll have to open another bag of quorn pieces and get cooking again.

Welcome back Kims Dad :)

and yep any loss is good!! :)

knock knock knock!!!!

I dont like it when your dairy goes onto the 2nd page! Hope yo are ok mr!

love katie

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi, not been around much lately however I'm still resisting all the temptations that seem to surround me everywhere I go.
Had a weigh in at the Docs yesterday, lost 1 stone in six weeks which equates to just over 2lb a week which he reckons is perfect. I'm impatient and want things to progress much quicker but am happy with theway things are going. I had to make two extra holes in my belt over the last month and reckon I must have lost at least 4" of my waist since I started taking xenical. All my shirts are really loose around my neck aswell so things are definately heading in the right direction.
I haven't had one biscuit, sweet, crisp or piece of cake since 1st December and don't really miss them either. I love my quorn chilli and often eat it twice a day and am planning on making a big pot later this afternoon.
I'm off to Salou in a weeks time so lets see how I cope with a weeks all inclusive holiday, hopefully I'll be able to burn up all the extra calories.

Speak soon

Kims dad

Yeay! your back! Glad things are still moving for you! Its fab when you see results ! whoooop whoooop!

Wow that holiday has come round fast! bet kims dead excited! Hope u have a fab time! You'll have to swim all the cals off! I wouldnt worry bout it tho! The best advice ive been given is life is for living! Lifes too short to worry about calories etc! Holiday time = quality time with kim! to hell with cals!...but thats only my opinion (i gained 3lbs in as many days when i went away hehe)

Dont be a stranger mr!

love katie
xxx

I haven't told Kim that we're going away yet, I'm planning on keeping it a secret and she'll only find out when we arrive at the airport next Saturday.
I hope that the weather'll be warm enough for swimming as it's been ages since I've swum and Kim has lessons every week and is doing really well, she had to swim 750 metres last week and I'm sure that I couldn't do that. I'm sure she's going to challenge me to a race and I don't fancy being beaten by a 9 year old.
I'm planning on sticking to a healthy diet whilst I'm on holiday as the bar is free and I'll definately have a drink or two in the evening. I can't remember the last time I had a drink so'll I'll probably be sitting in the corner of the bar with a silly grin on my face by 9pm.

Speak soon,

kims dad

Back