16 and Shrinking Team 16

Yes! Yes!! YES!!! Just had a 'When Harry met Sally' moment. The crisps are fantastic - thanks JimmyShoo.:D:D:D:D:D

I feel like I've just been really naughty BUT IT'S OK!!! Hurrah!

I've been at my children's school for most of the day and have had to walk past the cakes again & again, and of course the little cherubs insisted on buying some to bring home. I've had my jaw clenched for hours, but now YIPPEEE!!! I feel like I've just had a real treat. Muffins tomorrow methinks - I've just discovered a new lease of life.

(Still working on the mood-swings though .....!)

Hope you've had a good day xxx

Lol - Jessie, i had the same moment about 7o clock ish when I tried the crisps... what flavour did you have?

Muffins????????????????? How do we do muffins!!? PPLEASEEEE tell!

Aww, cravings .. not good when you're surrounded by cake stalls... Nevermind Children in need, what about Dieters in need!!!

Mood swings? My god, i'm always in a mood which doesnt swing these days, mega breakdown last night had to walk out of the house drive 3 miles, park (in the dark) cried my eyes out then pulled myself together and drove home... really bad mood swings :( sometimes I don't think it's possible to continue, but i've got to.... then my OH is supportive with me and when he says "come on, you know you've got to, it's what you want" then i'm moody with him cos I think he wants me to lose weight more than me, which I know is not the case, but i'm like a bloody wreck! lol

Muffins,, mmmm.... please be nice!!

Spicy tomato with a dash of tabasco - heaven!!!!!

I'm going to follow the instructions on the recipe sticky tomorrow for muffins - hope they work out ok.

Sorry to hear your emotions are leading you a merry dance too Tracey. ((hugs))Sometimes I feel like I'm going completely round the twist - the rational part of my brain is telling me that it's ok really & things will get better, but the slightly unhinged bit insists I burst into tears/shout at the kids, or worse - cram something into my mouth!

I know just what you mean about your OH too. Sometimes mine's in a no-win situation - if he says it's ok if I quit he's being unsupportive, if he encourages me it's because he's embarrassed etc by my size! Lord knows I'm struggling to put up with me at the moment, so I don't know how he copes!

Maybe we need to set up a long-suffering OH subforum where they could all have a good moan about us? lol

I feel like I've had more ups & downs than the rollercoaster at Alton Towers over the last month or so. And to be honest, I'm getting bored with myself - I'm so sick of moaning & it's just not me. I'm usually annoyingly chirpy! So, I've decided to give SS+ a go for the next week to give me time to sort my head out. I've decided that I'd rather lose more slowly, but keep on losing than drop a stone quickly then gain 2 more.

I'll be happy if I sts this week (weigh-in on Monday) but hopefully I'll be able to manage 2-3lbs a week after that.

Leeds - is it your wi tomorrow morning? Keeping my fingers crossed - good luck & let us know how you get on.

And Jimmy - can't thank you enough for suggesting the recipes!

Here's to a great weekend folks xxx

Hi guys,

How you all doing tonight???

I know what you mean about the poor OH's Jessie.... pity! It must be hell for them lol Bless their cotton socks xx good luck for Monday hun, hope it goes well for you.

Leeds - how you doing honey? How did weigh in go?

Jimmyshoo - must be lovely to have people notice the weight falling off chick, gives you that extra bit of inspiration I bet!

Ok.. well, i'm going out tonight!! YAY! Just to go out with some friends will be great, but i'm not going to be drinking. This is going to be a stupid question, but I don't really want to ask for 'tap water' as they don't sell bottled water. Any ideas? I've never asked for water in a pub before hehehe my mates are going to faint!

How about soda water? is that ok? I don't like it but it'll be better than asking for tap water :s or so I think... Any suggestions on what I could get? I know it's stupid and i should just get tap water if needed but, would rather not. (i'm weird lol)

Thanks

OOOH Tracey - a night out! I'm so jealous.

I'm sure soda water is fine - it's just fizzy water isn't it? Can't think of anything else to suggest because we're not supposed to have even diet drinks are we, but I read a post recently which said that Coke Zero doesn't have citric acid so is technically ok (but might cause hungry feelings so isn't recommended.)

I'd go for soda water with lots of ice (and try to convince myself it's a G&T!!!)

Have a great night (and at least you won't have a hangover tomorrow)

Leeds - where are you? We've been waiting to see how you got on at wi. Fingers crossed it was good news & you're still dancing on the table!

Oh - and tried my hand at making muffins today JimmyShoo, although I can't really call what I concocted in the microwave 'muffins.' In fact words can't quite describe it, and at first I was a bit disappointed, but it actually tasted ok (it tasted like I was eating CARBS!!!!!) and I got to eat with a spoon which was a novelty!

Happy thoughts girls xxx

hi all

sorry i wasn;t on yesterday but we were out for the whole day. i lost 3 lbs (whoop whoop) and was DEAD chuffed. it seems like i deffo have a pattern of losing nothing one week then 3lbs the next! bizarre but i'm fine with it. i am finally in a zone where i do not feel fat! another half stone will put well in my comfort zone and then it will be time to start having proper food!

had a meal with the family last night and am back on the water today and having a shake for brekkie.

must say that i bought some fibre 89 from my CDC and it is great so get some if you can. not weighing next week as am doing it in a fortnight. its my birthday this week and am a bit terrified as want to have a nice day but am going out for a meal. when i started this weeks ago my goal was to get my b'day and then have a great night out with no guilt but now its here i feel a bit bad. i know it sounds crazy but i can cope with having a proper meal on a sat night and then getting back to the CD on sunday, but breaking the CD mid week gives me the jitters!

anyway, thanks for all the support last week girls. I am doing an ss+ this week with chicken so its gonna be a nice week. let me know how the weigh ins go.

jessie - tracey - jimmy - wow, crisps! some people say they are vile but if it works for you go for it!

Hi girlies,

Jessie - I had my tap water with ice last night and they put it in a wine glass! My friends went to the bar and just got water while they were getting their drinks so I didnt feel too bad and didn't have to go to the bar and just as for 'a glass of water'. I thought it was weird they gave it to me in a wine glass tho..... but GREAT for me lol
I'll have to give them muffins a go sometime. I don't think i'm going to be able to have crisps too often :rolleyes: they're not the nicest! but... at least they are crunchy.

Leeds - 3lbs? WELL DONE! Don't worry about the mid week meal giving you jitters, you have totally deserved this and it's your birthday. While you were thinking that you were going to have a nice meal on your birthday it has probably got you this far.... so go for it! Enjoy yourself and don't worry about it xx

Well, just had a shake - but water going down really slow today, so going to try and glug as much as I can, at least 4ltrs today again... not even passed half a litre today yet, but i'm sure i'll get there!

Hope you all have a good Sunday take care xxx

thanks tracey. feeling really great at the moment. my goal was to lose 28 lbs and i have lost 20lbs of that in 6 weeks to am on cloud 9.

i too am struggling with water a bit today - must be the weather.

Yaaaaay!!! Well done Leeds - that's fantastic!!! And 20lbs in 6 weeks is incredible.

And Tracey - water in a wine glass - very la-di-dah!! Well done for sticking to it, girl - bet it wasn't always easy.

I'm not too hopeful about my wi tomorrow - but with all the messing about I've been doing, it's my own fault. I can't believe I've been so strong with the 'big' challenges, then crumbling in secret ... Fingers crossed I haven't gained. If I sts then I'll be pretty happy.

Anyway, the SS+ is great. I feel much calmer (sometimes almost human!) and feel like I'm more in control now. I've been giving food too much power - when I was eating & when i wasn't, so I think I've found my 'zone' now. Just wish I'd sorted myself out weeks ago, but better late than never eh?

Just made chocolate muffins - and they actually were pretty good. Had them with a coffee & it felt like a Sunday afternoon treat (yesterday's were pretty gooey - I musn't have zapped them for long enough)

Much love xxx

Hi girls....

Leeds - you've done bloody marvellous on your goal in such a short time... well done you!! You must be so proud of yourself. :D well done hunni!

Jessie - LOL at the wine glass being la-di-dah! I am such a typical tom boy, pint of lager/strongbow, game of pool or darts.... water in the wine glass? lol it was laughable!
Fingers crossed you stay the same this week then chick.. onwards and upwards and all that ;) you can do it. Glad you've found the right place with the 810 hun. :D Deffo better late than never!
The muffins sound really good... i'll have to get what I need and try them x

Well, i've had 2 ltrs of water today and 1 shake so far. I really want to eat something, i'm finding it really hard today, just so so want to have a sarnie or anything!! :sigh: I'm counting down the days for Christmas eve for my treat... can't wait for the buffet food :( But oh my god.... todays hard! :) I know i'm not going to cheat, I KNOW i'm not... but it's still killing me lol GOD... WHY COULDNT I ALREADY BE THIN!!!!

Tracey - you're definitely being a bit of a superstar at the moment. How did you get on last night? It must have been weird if everyone else was drinking & you were on the water. I haven't dared try yet - maybe over Christmas ...

Wish I had half your determination Tracey - you're doing so well.

I'm planning a sparkling water with some orange flavouring in whilst watching 'I'm a Celebrity'. Whoo hooo!!!! Not what you'd call rock 'n'roll is it???

xxx

Hi Jessie,

Last night was hard hun. I'm too quiet when I'm sober and get embarassed easily! My friends were drunk and messing about and I was cringing with embarassment while laughing. Not good, usually i'm soo happy go lucky and very much a happy drunk lol I miss it! But.... I done it, but won't be making a repeat performance. I'm not going out for a while and then i'll be drinking for sure! Just lots of movies, books and early nights in the mean time.

OOOOoooh orange flavouring whilst watching I'm a celeb... sounds lovely! :D I haven't tried the flavourings yet, i'm holding out until i'm absolutely sick of water, so far so good though.

:)

hi girls - jessie good luck with your weigh in. ss+ is brill isn't it?

Tracey - well done for resisting! I was starving lastnight too but went to bed. funnily enough i managed one bite of my bar with some red bush tea even though i was hungry. it must mean the hunger is psychological as if i was truly hungry then i would have had the bar.

anyway, monday morning - drank a pint of water and had a hot choc. do not want to be at work - wanna go back to bed.

I know the feeling Leeds - definitely a Monday morning! Ooooh - what I wouldn't give for another hour in bed!!!

Tracey - you did so well on Saturday - a brave thing to try & even though it might not have been much fun, you know you can do it. (Hard trying to get onto the same wavelength as people who are three sheets to the wind though eh?)

I'm really nervous about my wi tonight. I'm to scared to get on the scales to do an early check. The ss+ has been fantastic and is so much easier to stick to. What a difference a tiny bit of fish & a couple of spoonfuls of greens make!

But I'm just worried that I might have done a bit of damage prior to settling down on the ss+. My scales definitely weren't coming down last time I checked (Thurs/Fri) so I thik the best I can hope for is a sts.

Fingers crossed. Have a good day.

(And do you think we should ask for new members in the forum because I don't think Claire & Nugabug are coming back?)

xxx

Just got back from my wi - I'm still shaking! I 've lost 4.5 lbs :D:D:D - and I think that must just be since Friday when I got back on track with the SS+ (although technically it's been over 2 wks since my last wi.)

I'm so glad I didn't give up. I was really worried about going tonight because you have been doing so well and I really felt like I was letting the side down. Thanks so much for all your encouragement and advice.

I haven't really done much in the way of exercise, but have tried to take the dog for lots of walks (she's now an inch shorter than she was last week!) so I think that must have helped.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked!!!

Hope you've had a good day - and Leeds, what day is your birthday?

WOW - jessie. I am beyond pleased for you!!!!! well done, and ss+ is fab and i often find it actually kick starts losses for me. a lot of people do ss + the whole time.

well done though and keep going!! whoooop.

its my birthday on thurs and having a day off (incl brekkie) but no weigh in on sat so hopefully i will lose anything gained (and some) for next sat. wish me luck!

Thanks Leeds. I have to say, I'm a different woman since I started on the ss+. I know it's only a 200 cal meal so technically it's still a vlcd, but it's great having a little something to look forward to each day. I think I'll be sticking to it for the forseeable future because it's really given me a chance to get my head around the whole dieting thing.

In the past I have always rewarded myself with food because things were good, or consoled myself with food because things were bad. Either way I over-ate - and always the wrong things. When I tried to diet, I would punish myself by not eating, then give up & binge.

I'm finding now that I'm really enjoying my 'fish 'n' leaves' at night and am not locked in to the starve - binge -starve cycle (I don't have an eating disorder - just a not very healthy relationship with food!!!) AND I'm not such a moody madam either.

My taste buds are also changing. I had a porrige today and enjoyed it, but when I tried one a few weeks ago it made me heave. I also think the crisps & muffins are great, so perhaps that's showing how desperate I became for food you can chew!

Went to Tesco today to pick up some lettuce (yippee!!!) and would you believe it - outside they were giving away free Ferrero Rocher! AAAARGH!!! With these chocolates you are really tempting us, Ambassador!!!

Anyway - I accepted my freebie then gave them to my boys when they came out of school. Ha!!

Have you planned your birthday eats yet then Leeds?

Tracey - are you having v*l-au-v*nts over Christmas? Isn't it your weigh-in today? Let us know how you get on.

Hope you're all having a great day.

xxx

tracey good luck with your weigh in.

i am going to a local pizzeria with my kids (pizza express) and family tomorrow night and have planned to have the whole day off dieting. i know it sounds crazy but its been planned for a while. sadly, i have had some chips and a choc muffin tonight so am pretty miffed but i know that on thurs i will be back to my hot choc.

wish me luck girls and make sure i come back on here on thurs and report that i am back on shakes and water!

Hi girlies, how you doing?

Jessie - FANTASTIC chick, well done. You should be so so pleased with yourself. Well done :D I'm well chuffed for you :D
It's funny how peoples taste buds change, i'm so glad the ss+ is working out for you hun.
Oh and have you noticed, they never give ferrero roches away when we're not dieting? lol The pigs!! Well done for giving them to your boys though... ;)

Leeds - ohhh your birthday soon hun, oh you must be looking forward for the day. Sounds like you've got a lovely day planned.... enjoy! :D

Jessie..... did you say V word? LoL Ohhh yes, i'm sooooo going to have them on Christmas eve. Its my favourite day of the year and i'm doing a buffet for my mam, dad and my OH. My mam and dad are going to be opening their prezzies on Christmas eve so i'm looking forward. (i'm a big kid at heart)
I'm going to have Vol- au-vonts, Sausages, Cheese n pineapples on sticks blah blah! But... the prawn and tuna vol-au-vonts are deffo mine lol :D Can't wait.

Oh and I lost 7lbs this week and i'm soooo damn happy about it, really really really ecstatic! :D I've lost 18lbs in 3 weeks so i'm well chuffed. I was telling my cdc tonight how much it means for me to be under 20st! My eyes are closed to having a tear in them just thinking about being under 20st.. It means so much to me. I know it's still massive but oh my god.. i haven't been under 20st for 13years! so... i'm 21st 9lbs now... and the day is coming..........

THanks girlies, you're fab!

YEAAAAAY!!!!

7lbs?? 7lbs??? In week 3?? Tracey - that's fantastic. Well done. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: You're storming towards the 20st mark now. 18lbs in 3 weeks is just incredible. I bet you feel on top of the world. I'm coming to yours on Christmas Eve! You can have the v-a-vs, but the cheese on sticks is mine!!!

I'm looking forward to having a few eats - not going mad, but just a little of what you fancy sort of thing.

I'm actually going to be having a little treat earlier in December because it's my anniversary & my OH has booked a penthouse in a swish hotel (never done that before - it's not the kind of thing that happens to me!) so I'll be having the champagne treatment. (Then next day I'll be having the fizzy water treatment again!)

Leeds - hope you have a fantastic birthday. You've been doing so well & if you want to have a pizza then go for it and enjoy it. You know your own mind & it sounds as though you're pretty determined to get straight back on track. I liked the way it was written in another post (think it was 'who is the better person') when the diet was described as a journey. Some people like to get from a to b as quickly as possible. Others might choose to stop off along the way - but as long as we keep going, we'll get there.

And we've lost over a stone this week between 3 of us. How great is that!!! xxx

Back