16 and Shrinking Team 16

Mornin' Teamies - me again,

I've done my 30 mins walk with the dog & took a coffee with me in an insulated cup. Really enjoyed it, but it wasn't exactly brisk walking as she likes to sniff about a lot (my neighbour calls it checking her wee-mails!)

Had a pint of water & am going to tidy up a bit before I do my steps & have my breakfast shake. I've also decided to try for 10 minutes of random activity per day. (I've borrowed one of those eliptical strider thingies and may try to do a bit on that, but I was thinking that one of the hardest times for me at the weekend is when OH & boys are eating. So- I might go upstairs, put on a CD & do 10 minutes crazy dancing whilst there's no-one to see me.)

I think exercise is going to be a big thing in maintaining (and in shifting the lbs before I get that far.) My OH has a cousin who has dropped around 8/9 dress sizes over the space of a year or so through cutting down on food and jumping on a stepper every night in front of the telly. She looks incredible, so I'm going to take a leaf out of her book & try to build in bits of activity where I can.

Have woken up today feeling much more positive. I was reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar with my boys last night & when we got to Saturday & he eats one ice cream , one slice of cheese , etc etc etc, I thought 'This is me!' Except I haven't turned into a butterfly at the end - my cocoon has just been getting bigger & bigger.

So - the happy ending starts today. xxx

hi girls - yes, i maintained today (weigh in at home not with CDC) but is was expected and I have also started TOM just now. so glad i didn't get weighed with CDC. am stepping things up for next week though.

am not gonna weigh in TOM weeks as there's no point but will weigh every week thereafter.

have a good day girls!

Jessie - agree - where is everyone from this team? maybe we should advertise for new members?

Hi Jessie

It sounds like you've got a social life just like myself hun... When the lbs and stones are gone though I'm deffo going to go and get myself a social life :D

I think those steps before every shake is a great Idea, and even though i've had my morning shake, im going to do those steps every time from now on... The poor step!! lol

My OH suggested a tin of beans thingy yesterday but I was "we'll probably want to eat it" lol but, I agree, it will be a good thing to do.. pass the time and doing exercise deffo gives you some happy vibes and keeps you positive.

I'm going for a game of squash at 12 with my cousin, i love running about and as long as no one else can see this hippo move then I don't mind (I don't mind my cousin seeing tho lol)

It sounds like your other half's cousin has done the right thing, fair play to her. Exercise will be the best thing we can get ourselves into, so i'm deffo well up for this and positive about it...

You're happy ending sounds good to me too!! :) ROLL ON!!

My dog is an Old English Sheepdog, his name is Dave and he's just over a year old so it's time for him to start having more exercise. He's soo playful, cheeky and comical. I love him to pieces!! Walking him is a laugh a minute! I've got another dog too, a Staffordshire bull terrier which was my boyfriends dog and he's lovely, but a bit too much of a handful. He's really boisterous so I leave his walking to Kev.
So, todays plan... squash, shower, shopping, Walking Dave before x factor comes on hehe, and the steps before every shake.... sounds like a really good plan!
You know... one thing bothers me about this diet, i can't help every now and then popping on the scales and I lost 8lbs last week but those scales aren't moving besides going up and then back to where they were.... !

Nevermind... Have a good day, i'll be back later to check in ;)

Tracey! Squash!!!! We're not worthy! :worthy:

Dave sounds lovely ...

Just been for another walk & done my first stepping session. Feeling really fired up today (although hiding upstairs as OH has decided to do a full English late breakfast - grrr)

Don't worry too much if the scales haven't moved yet. I think that happens to a lot of people - me included - & I'm sure Leeds said that her losses don't tend to show on the scales until just before her weigh-in. I'm sure there's probably a really clever explanation for it, but it's bl**dy frustrating!

Leeds - you'll probably have a good drop next wi once that pesky totm weight/fluid has gone. Think it's a good idea to avoid a totm weigh-in because even though your head knows why the scales ain't budging, it doesn't do much for motivation does it?

Have a good day xxx

Well helloooo..

what a horrible night, it's been raining here for hours!

Jessie - I haven't any exercises. Dave hasn't been walked (too wet) and I've not done the step thing either :( But, only because I didn't come back from Squash until late.. I live about 30 mins away from where I play squash, which is right by my mam and dads so I called there and help them move the living room around...
I loved playing squash today, I haven't played it for about 6 years - so refreshing! Don't get me wrong, it's not a fast game when I play but for a fat bird I can move around... and beat my skinny 17 year old cousin so I'm happy with that lol Small things.... little minds etc!!

Awww, :( Your oh having a full english.. simple things in life do make this diet frustrating on days doesn't it? I'm still not bothered who eats what, so i guess i'm lucky. I bought my OH some doritos and dips and some M and Ms today because he's really ill and needed cheering up so he's on the sofa munching and watching a movie.

How's your days been Jessie? Great that you're so fired up hun... keep it going ;)

Leeds - Great thinking about not weighing on time of the month, it would be so demoralising not seeing the scales moving when you know you've done well... staying the same is good on totm hun... well done.. How are you feeling today? Hope you're having a good day xxx

Tracey - congratulations on your squash win - no way is that a 'small thing.' And as far as not doing exercise is concerned - you played squash & then did a 'changing rooms' so it's probably the equivalent to a couple of hours in the gym!!! Well done.

I've managed 3 half hour walks, 10 mins on the strider (which nearly killed me, I'm so unfit) and 3 stepping sessions, so I'm quite pleased with myself. It's definitely given me more of a focus today & I've just treated myself to a lovely long shower with a nice body scrub & body butter to follow. I smell so good I could eat myself!!!

Off now for a choccie shake I think ... xxx

Oh Well done Jessie, you've done really well with the exercising today, keep it up chick... hopefully you'll carry on being focused and you'll be happy allllll the way...

I've never really been into 'doing nice things to myself'... but, the body scrub and body butter sound soooo nice, even though i have no idea what it is lol

Well, i've felt like eating something tonight, I haven't... not even tempted to go and get something, but oh damn something nice would have been lovely! Probably because OH has been eating M & M's (which I can smell when he's chewing lol) and doritos with dip tonight (hmmm, love them!) but he's not well so he deserves it... but my god it's been hard sat next to him watching x factor etc... *sigh* but.... almost bed time and i've made it through the night so i'm ok with that. :) Tomorrow is another day... bring it on ;)

Oh Tracey - well done for not caving in to the m&ms & doritos. I know it's hard trying to resist food when you get lovely cooking smells wafting about, but I find it even harder to resist snacks - so easy to have 'just one ....'

Hope your OH feels better soon (or perhaps he should cover himself with a duvey & duck underneath to have his snacks until he does.)

No, I'm not one for doing pampering either, but I thought it's a way of treating myself without food. I got a gorgeous honey & almond scrub & body butter (just a fancy body cream really) from the supermarket & it feels really indulgent. Another favourite at the moment is to take a book into the bath and soak ON MY OWN for half an hour - bliss. (I have only just started to lock the door. Beforehand, I'd get small boys coming in to show me buckets of insects they'd found in the garden, etc. Yeuch..)

I also got some moisturising socks & gloves - you just slap on foot/hand cream then put them on top. They are supposed to be worn overnight, but I put them on last night when I was watching the telly and - guess what - I couldn't cheat even if I wanted to. I discovered that you can't open a creme caramel with gloves on !!! Going to do that again tonight - it'll help with my dry skin AND help to keep me out of trouble ...

Hope the weather is a bit better for you and you can get out with Dave. I'm off for a walk now, then going for a family swim later. I feel so self-conscious, but I can't refuse because at the moment the boys don't really have any concept of size and I don't want to instil in them that there are things that only slim people do. So - I'm the only one who goes to the pool wearing old fashioned bathing dresses but I don't care.

Leeds, how are you doing? Did you have your small meal with the family last night? You're weigh-in is on Saturday isn't it - so time for us all to knuckle down & get losing.

Have a great day xxx

hi girls

tracey - well done on the squash!

i had a really bad night!!! had pizza and chips..... i'm on week 6 now and really want to just grab that first week feeling. have had 2 litres today (trying to flush it all out) and a porrige today.

am not hungry at all but am gonna drink another 2 litres and have a bar and a hot choc shake. have got to push myself to do ss+ this week and will need to come on here A LOT.

feel crap about eating last night, and have no excuses (such as TOM). wish i hadn't now, but i am gonna move on and look forward to next sat when i will have hopefully lost something. Weighed this morning and am a few pounds up but hoping to flush all the crap out.

good luck with this week girls.

Hi Leeds - you & me both, kid!!!

I did pretty much the same thing - got over totm & then wham! (or should I say yum!)

Anyway, I feel like I'm really back on track now. I don't know how much difference a wee bit of exercise is going to make to my weigh-in, but every litle helps as they say, & it's giving me something to focus on. Got to get back into ketosis now & although I've got the grotty feeling/headachs etc that you get in the early days, I feel like I'm finally on the right path.

Don't feel bad over the pizza & chips. look on it like it's done, out of your stystem & you can be ready to start afresh. You've got best part of a week before your weigh-in & I think it sounds as though we can all do with a bit of support at the moment, so lets get through it together.

Good luck with today xxx

Hi lovelies,

Just sent a pm to Jimmyshoo & Claireg1977 to ask if they're ok & if they still want to be on the team. Couldn't send one to Nugabug - perhaps she hasn't done enough posts?

Hope your day has gone well. I've just treated myself to a bar as a reward for doing the ironing (would have liked a bath but it's getting too late.)

Fingers crossed for getting back into ketosis in the next day or two. Have managed 2 walks & 2 lots of steps today, plus a bit of swimming (more splashing really but it's still activity) so quite pleased.

Would be more pleased if I didn't look as though I'd dribbled ketchup all down my chin. This bl**dy burn - I don't know what people are going to think at work tomorrow! One of my boys said 'Oooh Mummy, your face looks much badder today.' Honestly - all I did was steal a bit of soup! If it had been chocolate pudding it might have been worth it!!!

Here's to a great week eh? xxx

Hellooo lovely people...

How are you all doing?

Jessie - your pampering sessions sound lovely and next time I go to the shop i'm going to pick myself up a few things and deffo try it! - Glad you're back on track now too hun.
LOL @ you and your burn, bless! See... it deffo isn't worth cheating hehe
The weather has been awful, torrential rain and BIG BAD thunderstorms so haven't done exercises today... the step thing is a bit awkward for me, my right knee feels as if it's going to give on the upstep... :( maybe i need to lose sound more weight before ruining my knees. In squash though I feel fit and fat and healthy lol but the impact on stairs, isn't good! :(

Irene - How does this work hunni? I got weighed last Tuesday, so when do we need to tell you by? I'm losing it i swear!

Well, it's day 12 for me now, and still going strong, even though Volu-vonts are calling me! I'm fancying alll the time, even though I'm not hungry, don't need it but boy oh boy I WANT IT! It's the only thing that bothers me, I need to keep myself busier!
Well, i hope you all have a good day tomorrow, i'll probably be online in the evening. 2 more days before second weigh-in.... Please *fingers crossed* lose weight. I'd love to lose 6lbs but... I don't know, maybe i'm always aiming too high :) lol we'll see

night girlies xx

hi girls

have had a hot vanilla (gross) and a litre of water. had a v bad experience - got to work, had some more water and needed the loo but it was ina right state!!!!! and I have a toilet phobia too, so am really annoyed. how can people leave public toilets in such a bad state! WTF! sorry - rant over, but i have a real phobia of using loos and never used the one at work until i started CD. this will put me off drinking anymore today until i get home. i can feel that today is not gonna be a good day. booo

am trying to do a full week of ss this week. good luck to you all.

Mornin' you two,

Leeds - what a start to your day. I know just what you mean - I'm actually ok going for a tiddle in public loos, but I coudn't 'go' (if you know what I mean) if you paid me. Not a conscious thing - just doesn't happen, so if the loos were vile ...(shudder!!!) Poor you!

I tried a hot cappucino yesterday - bleurghh! I'd read on a post that it was good, but all a matter of personal taste I suppose.

I'm ss-ing 100% (fingers crossed) now & am hoping to get back into ketosis soon. I feel much stronger & hopefully I've put my wicked ways behind me!

Tracey - knees are funny things & they need taking care of. I think you're right to lay off the stepping - it's going to be trial and error I think to find the best exercise. I've made an early new year's resolution that I'm going to go back to my belly dancing class in the new year. It's brilliant fun, just as good if you've got a belly and really good low-impact exercise, (and no need for lycra - eek!) so that's my promise to myself.

And vol-au-vents? That's even more peculiar than Leeds's bean craving! A least it's not the type of thing you'd just have lying around the house to tempt you. Not in my house anyway. Just steer clear of family do's and wedding receptions for the forseeable!!!

I think Jimmyshoo was originally co-ordinating weights & sending them to Irene. If we don't hear from her (and the others) then I think perhaps we need to look at getting some new members and getting our weights ready to submit next week.

Because, I've got a feeling that we're going to do really well this week. We're all fired up & ready to go. Tracey, I don't think 6lbs is unreasonable (especially since you've been our star member so far), I'm aiming for 4lbs. Leeds, how about you?

Have a good day xxx

Morning all... :)

Leeds - nothing worse than busting to use the loo and their in a disgusting state... really, I think you should complain about them and get something sorted so they're cleaned, scrubbed, fumagated or whatever it takes. There's no reason for public loos to be dirty! UCH! But, i really do feel for you :( bless!

Jessie - Belly Dancing eh? Go girl... I think it's so much better when you're having fun while exercising. Time goes much faster and you don't realise how much of a workout you've actually done. Sounds great!

You're right, i'm going to steer clear of any parties! I've been invited to a Christening on the 16th November, but I'm going to make my excuses and not go. It would be ok if I could go and drink water, but i'm always the one drinking, the one with all the drinking games, up for a laugh, mess about and up for anything... so rather than have people nag and ask me why i'm not drinking etc, i'm going to make my excuses and stay home with a strawberry shake and loads of water :)

46 sleeps to go!! God, i'm so excited. I haven't got any kids but i'm still up around 6am, really excited with loads of silly prezzies for my bf but this year he doesn't want us to 'waste money' :( so, my enjoyment with that has gone out of the window! But... as usual, I always spoil my mother and father. We've got a big family do at theirs christmas day, so, they're coming to mine on Christmas eve and their going to have their prezzies then. I like adding a few 'personal touches' to prezzies too. Like, my mam is almost blind (only a matter of time) and she has audio books all the time, but she fancies the Nicky Campbell autobiography but its not in audio book, so... i've bought the book, and read it while taping on a tape recorder, wrapping the tapes up and she'll love it. She's also limited to what she can do these days so shes written a 'poem', which she insists is a song lol and she asked me to put some music to it and I said I wouldn't be able to (this was in june) but, i have written the music to it (i play keyboard) going to put it on cd and wrap that... so hence while i'm so excited, because she's going to be well chuffed! Silly things really... as well as buying the usual prezzies of course. :D Ah well, i'm sorry... i've waffled way too much lol

I am so sorry

Hey darlings i'm still around but have been working 70 hours a week and suffering with my mouth too. I am so sorry i haven't been supportive. I have lost more weight and need to update you at some point. Please bear with me this week i think once i have got a big meeting out of the way at the end of this week things will get better.

Keep on going on i have had a few blips but have stil managed to lose. I really am sorry i have been a poor team mate and do still love you all :wave_cry:

Huggles to you xxxx

Jimmyshoo - good to have you back. You don't need to be sorry for anything - you've been busy (and ill) - just glad to know you're still one of the gang!

Well done for continuing to lose - although working 70 hrs a week - when do you get time to eat? Or sleep?

I'm really proud of myself today - there was a HUGE buffet at a meeting I went to (including a certain food beginning with v - thought of you Tracey!) and I didn't have ANYTHING. Not even a slice of cucumber. I took a bottle of water with me and just kept chugging away. I'm still having palpitations over the lovely things I didn't eat, but it was quite a realisation - knowing I can walk away & the world won't come to an end if i don't dig in!

Still feeling rubbish (bring on ketosis!) but am very chuffed with myself. And - someone came up to me and said 'Where have you gone? You look great.' I know that I don't really look much different yet, but the fact that someone noticed I've lost a little bit has really spurred me on.

Tracey - you sound as excited about Christmas as my boys ( and they are only 5!) Even they haven't started counting sleeps yet (but it's only a matter of time!)

Your Christmas sound absolutely wonderful - and I don't think I've ever heard of such thoughtful pressies. Tell your bf that you agree - you don't want to 'waste' money - you want to spend it wisely on having a magical Christmas! Sounds a bit like my OH - not much of a ho ho ho person, although I tend to get a bit giddy & over-excited!

Sounds like you've given the christening a lot of thought. It's hard when people expect you to behave in a certain way isn't it? My OH has relatives visiting soon & I'm the 'cream cake girl' who always has the biggest etc etc....

I just think that perhaps when they see me looking different (eventually,) then they'll realise that I'm not just the chocoholic who can eat cakes for England ...

So well done - it must have been a difficult decision, but I think a lot of this diet is recognising your triggers. It sounds as though you're managing to pre-empt where they may be trouble (whereas I've just galloped headlong into it!)

And Leeds - when I realised how many 'trips' I'd made after chugging all day I really felt for you in your predicament. Can you complain to someone about the state of the toilets? It's not fair - how can you be expected to work without basic clean facilities. Outrageous!

Hope today has gone well for you all xxx

hi girls. had a crap day yesterday. after the loo incident i dtopped drinking so had under 2 litres yesterday. i also had a banging headache (really felt like day 3 again - prob because i had a bad saturday!!) and when i got home at 7pm i put my head on the pillow and totally zonked out. felt really ill but woke up had half a shake (its all i could take) was hungry and went back to bed. feel better today and have had some porrige (got loads of it and don't like it!!!!) and a litre of water. ended up leaving some of my porrige as have gone off it so hope it doesn't affect my loss. really need to lose this week and so far have been very good on ss so wish me luck!!.

am having a choc bar for lunch with some red bush tea and then a hot choc at night. am a bit headachey tpday too and its all my own fault cos i ate pizza on sat!

cannot wait until i am back on normal food as am really missing it.

jimmyshoo - well done, can't wait for the update.

Tracey - how sweet, am sure your mum will love the pressies.

Jessie - keep at it and well done for resisting!

wish me luck for sat girls and speak soon.

Good Morning girlies,

Jimmyshoo - (hugs) you're working loads, and don't worry... we're here anytime you need us!

Jessie- The Buffet had the V's in? OH MY WORD, i'm so glad it was you that went and not myself...*mouth watering* lol How's things today hun?

Leeds - I haven't tried the porridge, but I'd imagine it would be hard to keep motivated when you don't like what you have to eat/drink... you're doing well hun :( it must be so hard for you. Stick with it, and next time you see the CDC only get what you like...and BEST of luck for Saturday!

Well, according to my scales (the continuing popping on and off them) I haven't lost what I want to lose this week. Weighing officially with the cdc tonight at 6ish. But.... whatever my loss, i'm going to aim for a massive one next week (even though i've stuck to the plan for 2 weeks 100% no cheating at all... so besides exercise I can't do anything else to speed it up)
I'm only 8lbs down so far and I want to lose 3st by Christmas, need to exercise as much as I can I think... needs a boost!

Back