16 stone downwards on fast diet

patches1

One thing about reading the fast diet book have actually bought some scales and i am bang on 16 stone I've done really well on sw before but can get obsessed with weigh in days and some times it feels that all i do in a day is just eat.

So am giving this a go am planning on 2 fast days each week on Monday and Thursday 500 calories split into two as i don't feel i could get through work but having 12 hours between each meal and in between times only black coffee or zero cal drinks.

So yesterday I felt went well was up late the night before reading the book i feel i have gotten to the stage i have to change something but will hopefully be following a sw type plan for the other days.

Monday went well I even weighed out my eggs and baked beans lol
Breakfast 8.35am
2 poached eggs
100g baked beans
this came to 265 cals which was a shock to me but was ver filling and had 2 cups of black coffee.

during my lunch break at work i drank a litre of fizzy zero cal flavoured water

not having my brekkie until quite late meant i had to wait untill 8.30 pm never have i consumed a bowl of soup which such gusto!
was just made with some brocoli, leeks, onion, garlic and bouillion stock.

So that went well but today breakfast had 2 poached eggs, 200g beans and a 1/2 a slice of wholemeal seeded bread so feeling good.

Am so disgusted by what i ate at lunch because i had 2 lots of sandwiches, 2 packets of crisps 1 and 1/2 bars of choc- for me i did leave part of a sandwich and some choc which admittedly i wouldn;t have done before. this is the only place i feel able to share this i felt so in control and i am stuffing myself.

so anyway feeling a little sorry for myself but have made batch of chicken curry with just onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, tumeric, cumin, paprika anything in the cupboard plus some stock so am planning on taking that in tomorrow for my lunch.
have also done the first day of the 30 day shred and am already feeling the effects
I suppose i just feel i needed to share my little secret sorry its long and rambling but i feel better now about it.

265cal brekkie.jpgmy 265 cal breakfast- hopefully my meals will be aimed at the lower calorie scale from now on

Do you like tinned tomatoes, perhaps they would be a good option instead of beans.
or I know Turkey rashers are low in calories.
Good luck, you will get there.

would it be better to have a salad for lunch at work?
Today I didnt have breakfast and found I survived ok until lunch. In fact it was better for me than the other day, once I had breakfast, I wanted more.

Do you like tinned tomatoes, perhaps they would be a good option instead of beans.
or I know Turkey rashers are low in calories.
Good luck, you will get there.

would it be better to have a salad for lunch at work?
Today I didnt have breakfast and found I survived ok until lunch. In fact it was better for me than the other day, once I had breakfast, I wanted more.

I know this sounds pathetic but have only just started eating cooked tomatoes by themselves never thought about just using tinned tomats on their own might have to give that a whirl. I tend to get stuck in a rut as far as eating perhaps i should look at something lighter at lunch and get some lovely salad stuffs in would feel lovely and healthy. I was fine with no lunch (on my only fast day!) but am just so used to having a breakfast i think i'd struggle with the day without it- skipping any meals though to be honest is not that natural.
Getting ready for my second fast day tomorrow and have got my breakfast sorted for tomorrow- not that i'm not totally obesessed with food or anything- have weighed my egg and everything else I'm having.
Will be getting up early in the morning 7.30 hopefully then have the 12hr gap between meals
1 poached egg- 72 cals
mushrooms 100g- 16 cals
100g baked beans- 84 cals
2 bacon medallion things- 66
breakfast.jpg
I know this sounds dumb but didn't realise how many mushrooms you get for so few a calories need to go through the food lists and make some more informed choices.

Dinner tomorrow is brocoli, leek, onion, garlic, bouillion stock so this whole pan is under 500 calories so i definately feel more in control.
soup brocoli.jpg

am going to look at planning ahead and making better choices. have never been so aware of calories in my life. TOday i have also felt in control of my eating no binge eating thank god.

Hi, keep on going, I find that a squeeze and stir soup keeps me going at work and they're quite tasty, on a fast I only have soup but I have a roll and a bag of crisps on my other days, I also take a lunch bag with everything in and put a big piece of fruit in to make it look like more food!! I'm not too keen on salad but usually have cous cous and chop tomatoes and peppers in to it to bulk it up with low cal veg.

This is a slow process but even when I've not followed the fasting days very well I've only put on a couple of pounds over several weeks, I'm back in the swing of it now, feeling good and slowly losing weight.

Hi, keep on going, I find that a squeeze and stir soup keeps me going at work and they're quite tasty, on a fast I only have soup but I have a roll and a bag of crisps on my other days, I also take a lunch bag with everything in and put a big piece of fruit in to make it look like more food!! I'm not too keen on salad but usually have cous cous and chop tomatoes and peppers in to it to bulk it up with low cal veg.

This is a slow process but even when I've not followed the fasting days very well I've only put on a couple of pounds over several weeks, I'm back in the swing of it now, feeling good and slowly losing weight.

Thanks for the ideas I think for me a the main thing is getting organised am in the middle of my second ever fast day and I have stuck to it like i planned and the great thing about it is how much more in control of my eating.

Well had no brekkie this morning (day off work) but don't think I'll manage it again.

When I break my fast today I'm having a portion of tomato & garlic soup 70cals

140g fresh prawns 95 cals
100g Moroccan style fruit couscous with honey & orange dressing 180 cals
5 cals low cal spray

Have posted this recipe from http://www.lavenderandlovage.com on the recipe section here have got most of the 5:2 recipes and am planning on using them all!!

Feeling positive for the week ahead can't believe it's alreadymy second week.

Thought I should check my weight although sorry to be graphic but have just started my period I have lost 4lbs and this weekend was very enjoyable I'm enjoying not feeling so guilty about what i eat am very happy thought should i bother weighing myself lol

Added a couple of extra itms to dinner

slice bread 71cals
tspn sweet chilli sauce 15cals

so at a grand total of 440cals at the mo

tomato soup.jpgprawns cousocous and sweet chilli.jpg

Last edited:
On the second day of fast not very well organised but am sure it will work out ok (she hopes!) just having a very large black coffee could not get this butt out of bed this morning would seriously just like a week off sometime soon. Planning on drinking a litre of liquid for lunch and then dinner as soon as possible after i get home probably poached egg, mushrooms etc and then some zzzz i know how to live the high-life!

Didn't feel like making anything when i got home so picked up a shapers meal deal from boots I had the

-Chipotle chilli chicken wrap- 300ml
-Bts Mint bar- 81cals
-Bts lemonade- 17cals
-Special K cracker crisps- 95cals

Also had some pepsi max and 7- up at break so I've had 507 calories today and that is me done for the day wasn't too much of a struggle but need to get better prepared.

Right then not having the best of time at the mo family rubbish going on

This evening am planning on having

Prawn biryani be good to yourself 318cals
Vegetable microwave 1/2 pack 48cals
Salted popcorn bag 88 cals

Just having sparkling water at the mo
Not tracked this weekend but will be this week

Back