ProPoints 17th times a charm!!!

Your mam must be so happy to collect something in honour of her dad! It will be such a happy day!
Hahahaha I must take up the art of stubbornness so

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Your mam must be so happy to collect something in honour of her dad! It will be such a happy day!
Hahahaha I must take up the art of stubbornness so

Well it does seem to work well!! ;)

Hey Brona, I hope that you have a fantastic and lovely trip away, you totally deserve the trip after your hard work that you do. A couple of fab Celebrations too, I'm sure you will make some healthy choices without even realising and the rest of the time you're on holiday so deserve some luxury and indulgence. X

Enjoy Brona weather is looking good for ya and I hope the presentation goes well xXx

k guys so ive been gathering for my week and a bit at home. Ive packed a few staples-spray oil, balsamic vinegar for salads, portable weighing scales (thanks Frances!)....
And ive had some fun packing cos so many things fit really well-so delighted! :) Cud do with a new pair of jeans but im too lazy to go shopping for them-a lot of effort to buy jeans!

But... ive really been thinkin bout my week ahead and don't get me wrong-ill enjoy my holiday but I really cant let go every single dinner time or ill be so disappointed! So I can choose healthy in a restaurant and when were having BBQs im sure we'll have chicken- I can pull my IBS card to avoid the fatty burgers. Then fill up on salads etc-no problem-think im getting better at choices-just not worth it at moment.

But.... Chip van meals! Hopefully only once this week but maybe twice. I can guess on chips cos I weighed out a portion before so I kinda know what 15pp looks like etc but ill try and slip some on a weighing scales if I can.
But.... what else do I get... ive googled a bit but can't decide....
Im kinda guessing fish, with batter taken off-though how wud I point it then?
second option is scampi - 9pp?
or chicken piece with skin taken off - again should I point it as chicken and add in a few pp for oil even though skin is off??

im not planning on panicing all week but I really really don't wana go back wards this week! And if I have choices made before hand it doesn't sound like im 'obsessed' with the food-all im gona get from everyone there is 'you're on your holidays-relax!'.....

Thanks for any advice guys.... :)

Well hats off to ya you seem determined and I think you are gona do brill
Chip vans you can have chips and iv worked out through my fitness pal that a fried chicken thigh with skin and batter removed is 5pp!
Yea with the bbqs use the ibs and say you can't have the fatty stuff or say you are stuffed and couldn't possibly fit any more in
Eating out when possible look at the menu online and pick what your having before you go and try work out the pp value of it and if your unsure someone on here will help out!
Yay for clothes fitting well go you and I'm sure wearing them will spur you on while your away and keep you focused!

k guys so ive been gathering for my week and a bit at home. Ive packed a few staples-spray oil, balsamic vinegar for salads, portable weighing scales (thanks Frances!)....
And ive had some fun packing cos so many things fit really well-so delighted! :) Cud do with a new pair of jeans but im too lazy to go shopping for them-a lot of effort to buy jeans!

But... ive really been thinkin bout my week ahead and don't get me wrong-ill enjoy my holiday but I really cant let go every single dinner time or ill be so disappointed! So I can choose healthy in a restaurant and when were having BBQs im sure we'll have chicken- I can pull my IBS card to avoid the fatty burgers. Then fill up on salads etc-no problem-think im getting better at choices-just not worth it at moment.

But.... Chip van meals! Hopefully only once this week but maybe twice. I can guess on chips cos I weighed out a portion before so I kinda know what 15pp looks like etc but ill try and slip some on a weighing scales if I can.
or chicken piece with skin taken off - again should I point it as chicken and add in a few pp for oil even though skin is off??

im not planning on panicing all week but I really really don't wana go back wards this week! And if I have choices made before hand it doesn't sound like im 'obsessed' with the food-all im gona get from everyone there is 'you're on your holidays-relax!'.....

I think make the best choices which you can when you can, the rest of the time, just watch your portions as bad food isn't as bad in smaller amounts! X

Well hats off to ya you seem determined and I think you are gona do brill
Chip vans you can have chips and iv worked out through my fitness pal that a fried chicken thigh with skin and batter removed is 5pp!
Yea with the bbqs use the ibs and say you can't have the fatty stuff or say you are stuffed and couldn't possibly fit any more in
Eating out when possible look at the menu online and pick what your having before you go and try work out the pp value of it and if your unsure someone on here will help out!
Yay for clothes fitting well go you and I'm sure wearing them will spur you on while your away and keep you focused!

Aw brilliant Ciara, thanks. Chicken Thigh so is totally and option cos I think in fairness a lot of people pick off the skin so people aren't gona be looking at me strange. Figure id get more weird looks picking off batter from fish though its a back up option. Great.
Ya IBS has to have some perks! ;) And im gona but some slimbos to bring down and stick in freezer incase I end up having to rely on bread. :)
And ya-im good at restaurants really-fish and lots of veg usually! :) And share a started or just salads... But ya if I find out where were going with mam and dad ill google it... Theres only a few options really cos my nephew Rian will need to go to bed early etc... so mite google the one we went to a couple years ago-may be top of the list. :)
I found it so hard to decide what to bring cos don't feel bloated and things fall nicely. Gona stop in cork tomoro to meet a few friends on way down tomoro so mite pop into mahon point and see if I can get another pair of jeans. :)

I think make the best choices which you can when you can, the rest of the time, just watch your portions as bad food isn't as bad in smaller amounts! X

Will do hon.. I was very good over weekend at only taking what I wanted from shared foods and then left some after me aswel-think its finally clicking! :) xx

Aw brilliant Ciara, thanks. Chicken Thigh so is totally and option cos I think in fairness a lot of people pick off the skin so people aren't gona be looking at me strange. Figure id get more weird looks picking off batter from fish though its a back up option. Great.
Ya IBS has to have some perks! ;) And im gona but some slimbos to bring down and stick in freezer incase I end up having to rely on bread. :)
And ya-im good at restaurants really-fish and lots of veg usually! :) And share a started or just salads... But ya if I find out where were going with mam and dad ill google it... Theres only a few options really cos my nephew Rian will need to go to bed early etc... so mite google the one we went to a couple years ago-may be top of the list. :)
I found it so hard to decide what to bring cos don't feel bloated and things fall nicely. Gona stop in cork tomoro to meet a few friends on way down tomoro so mite pop into mahon point and see if I can get another pair of jeans. :)

Will do hon.. I was very good over weekend at only taking what I wanted from shared foods and then left some after me aswel-think its finally clicking! :) xx

Whoop whoop for 'The Click' I think I'm getting there but it keeps clicking on and off lol x

Sounds like you've definitely got it sorted.
Healthiest choices when eating out - or go filling & healthy.
Try leaving a mouthful on your plate at the end.
Or pass some off to another member of the family if you can.
Have children's meals/portions.

Will you be active when you're there?
Going out for family walks, bike rides etc?
Try and clock up some activity points, then you've got a few extra points to use if you need to, as well as your weeklies.

You're very conscious about staying on plan, so I don't think you'll let yourself go too crazy.
And puddings - don't take Serena's approach ;) haha

You'll do well.
If you're struggling or need a bit of motivation or support, just post.
We'll all be here.

Have a brilliant time!!

Try and clock up some activity points, then you've got a few extra points to use if you need to, as well as your weeklies.

You're very conscious about staying on plan, so I don't think you'll let yourself go too crazy.

You'll do well.
We'll all be here.

Have a brilliant time!!

And was wrong with my approach ;-) It was a balanced diet, one pudding for each hand! X

Whoop whoop for 'The Click' I think I'm getting there but it keeps clicking on and off lol x

There's no off with you. You're doing great hon! :)

You'll do well.
We'll all be here.

Have a brilliant time!!

Thanks honey. Great food advice. When I was in my brothers a few weeks ago I gave him the crisps that came with my wrap etc... He's useful! ;)
Ya, well first of all, we do nothing but walk up and down the village all day everyday so that's something (though we usually stop into a beer garden on way).
But to give each other some breathing space so we don't kill each other we usually each go for a walk on our own in the morning. Lovely walk along the old railway track to next village which is bout 7km return. Mite even try getting in a bit of running.
And I swam each morning last year in the sea aswel-not that much APS as im not that strong a swimmer and it was freezing but its something.

Also i'll WI at home this week (measured it before that my parents scales weighs me 2lbs heavier) which should be the end of this week and only the wedding was bad this week. Then ill be good Friday at home before actually going on hols sat.
But then reset the following fri morn again. Won't be able to WI but ill reset anyway. So that week should be ok cos it'll just be fri on hols, leaving sat and back on track. :)

Hehe.... Id love to take Serenas approach but to be honest- I rarely eat desserts-my weakness is meringue roulade! or maybe crème brulee... :)

And was wrong with my approach ;-) It was a balanced diet, one pudding for each hand! X

Hehe... love it. That's me with alcohol! :) xx

Thanks honey. Great food advice. When I was in my brothers a few weeks ago I gave him the crisps that came with my wrap etc... He's useful! ;)
Ya, well first of all, we do nothing but walk up and down the village all day everyday so that's something (though we usually stop into a beer garden on way).
But to give each other some breathing space so we don't kill each other we usually each go for a walk on our own in the morning. Lovely walk along the old railway track to next village which is bout 7km return. Mite even try getting in a bit of running.
And I swam each morning last year in the sea aswel-not that much APS as im not that strong a swimmer and it was freezing but its something.

Also i'll WI at home this week (measured it before that my parents scales weighs me 2lbs heavier) which should be the end of this week and only the wedding was bad this week. Then ill be good Friday at home before actually going on hols sat.
But then reset the following fri morn again. Won't be able to WI but ill reset anyway. So that week should be ok cos it'll just be fri on hols, leaving sat and back on track. :)

Hehe.... Id love to take Serenas approach but to be honest- I rarely eat desserts-my weakness is meringue roulade! or maybe crème brulee... :)

Oh no, not another one who needs to be Meringue-Total! X

Sounds like you've got it under control and will do fine and will earn plenty of activity points with your walking.

Have you ever heard of geocaching?
It's a high tech treasure hunt.
All you need is some sort of GPS (you can get one on your phone) and you go out looking for pieces of Tupperware that people have hidden at given coordinates.
It's free to join the website, and you can go on miles long walks looking for them - thought it might be a good suggestion for some family time and something slightly different to your regular walks.
I really enjoy it but haven't been out properly in ages

Hahahaha guess I'm not the only one with a sweet tooth around here!!!
Never heard of that walk thing before sounds good I'm gona look it up and see if its anywhere near where I live I'd doubt it but il give it a bash!
Lukn the sound of your 7k walk and it will be great to clear your head etc

Sounds like you've got it under control and will do fine and will earn plenty of activity points with your walking.

Have you ever heard of geocaching?
It's a high tech treasure hunt.
All you need is some sort of GPS (you can get one on your phone) and you go out looking for pieces of Tupperware that people have hidden at given coordinates.
It's free to join the website, and you can go on miles long walks looking for them - thought it might be a good suggestion for some family time and something slightly different to your regular walks.
I really enjoy it but haven't been out properly in ages

Sorry hon. Missed this post until Ciara replied to it.
That sounds so cool-totally look into it. :D

Hahahaha guess I'm not the only one with a sweet tooth around here!!!
Never heard of that walk thing before sounds good I'm gona look it up and see if its anywhere near where I live I'd doubt it but il give it a bash!
Lukn the sound of your 7k walk and it will be great to clear your head etc

Ya-don't have much of one really-usually savoury but I have a few staples that I just can't say no to-and no sharing either so to be honest-kinda hoping they're not on any of the menus! :D
Coffee and cake will be another tough trial-we go everyday-sometimes twice! Just have to skip the cake and get an ice lolly after instead. :D

Only saving grace is our walks-we literally walk Past each other out the door not talking and then were all chat when we get back. :D families eh...

Back