18 Y/o Weight loss and support

Hey, My names Peter
I've recently had a reality check and it's time for me to lose weight.I'm Around 20 stone and at the age of 18, I lack Support from family and would much appreciate support from this forum. I've been on my diet for roughly two weeks and have wanted to diet for a very long time, just lacked the support needed to maintain my diet. Today I started the Gym with a friend and will attend it regularly, I stand at roughly 6'2ft and walk back from college daily, distance is decent considering my size. I'm mostly doing cardio when attending the gym, Photos will be uploaded of current size and updated as time passes.:)

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here to so I'll give you support if you can support me in return. What diet are you following?

What's your gym routine? I might be a fat bloke but I know and awful lot about fitness training and I can give you some advice on your routine. Good luck with the weight loss.

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here to so I'll give you support if you can support me in return. What diet are you following?

What's your gym routine? I might be a fat bloke but I know and awful lot about fitness training and I can give you some advice on your routine. Good luck with the weight loss.

Hey thanks man well i only done one hour with my mate today around 8 minutes jogging which is amazing for me since I've never really jogged ran or done anything of the sort i went onto the machine that you sit down and lift the bar over your head and the weights are near the back of me, i went also on the machine you start with my arms stretched back both of them and you bring them close to my face we did 3 set's of 5-10 i was closer to the 5 mark, we jogged again for a little bit maybe around 2-3 minutes went back to the shoulder weights and chest that i described just then we finished off with a cycle which lasted for around 15 minutes i was shattered after that, iv'e got a monthly membership now so we've planned to go every monday wednesday and friday with days in between and on weekends i'm going to the park to try and jog with my dogs, and it's no particular diet it's just cut out bread pasta potatoes fizzy drinks (replaced with just plain water) and any general fatty foods which i lived on so it's been a radical change that iv'e needed for a long time i'm just eating soups fish maybe 1 or 2 boiled eggs a day and chicken without the skin, how's your diet going how long have you been going the gym for? thanks for the support and if you need any in return i could try for you :)

It's best to start of slow so your body can adjust to being active and then ramp it up as you get fitter and stronger. Cardio is good but you definitely need a decent strength training program to go with it, the reason being is the more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn in order for your muscles to stay strong and grow new muscle tissue.

Your diet seems pretty clean and is definitely a good start. I'm about to start Exante which is a meal replacement diet and as I've got a lot of weight to lose I think it will give me quick results. In terms of the gym I've been doing powerlifting on and off for the past 4-5 years but I've not trained for about 9 months so it's like starting all over again. If you're interested I could put together a strength training routine for you and see how you get on with it? If you pm me and let me know what equipment your gym has I'll put something together for you.

The key to being successful with weight loss is consistency. There will be times where you just can't be arsed to go to the gym so you need to push through it and keep going and before you know it you'll have lost loads of weight and really see your body taking shape.

Damn, that seems awesome i've only went once and don't really know the whole set-up yet if you could put one together for me i'd really appreciate it and so would my friend me and him was with a piece of paper today to set out some sort of circuit but to get that from a person who knows the gym well would be great. :D

I started the gym on friday a week ago, it's now been two weeks tomorrow i started my diet over a month ago, i weighed myself around 2 weeks ago i weighed in at 130kg i was so surprised to find out when i weighed myself today that i'm 118kg just in two weeks, i'm so over the moon. :)

Wow, well done Pete! And welcome to the forum!

I know i haven't really kept up with my thread, just would like to say i'm still here and that i'm still losing weight lost a good amount i think, from 20ish stone to 17.7 stone pleased with the result might post a pic from what i'm at now when i have the chance and probably post more regularly. :)

Aw well done Pete that's fab! R u finding it easy enough? I'm curious to know if you're still cutting out carbs? I don't think I cud wake up in the morning if i knew I wasn't allowed to have something carby!

Pretty much, iv'e had some potatoes now and then with tuna haven't ate a piece of bread since i started, don't drink fizzy drinks either except for the odd sugar free energy drink so i can stay awake during end of month projects since college is already stressful enough, iv'e stopped craving for foods that i don't need and pretty much routine to not eat crap iv'e been lacking on drinking water lately and not going gym due to illness aside from that it's great. would love some more meal options though, it's starting to get stale, need some kind of staple meal to keep eating i have rice sometimes too mostly soups fish ect :)

PeteDonnelly said:
I know i haven't really kept up with my thread, just would like to say i'm still here and that i'm still losing weight lost a good amount i think, from 20ish stone to 17.7 stone pleased with the result might post a pic from what i'm at now when i have the chance and probably post more regularly. :)

I have been On ww since the start of September and have gone from seventeen stone ten pounds to fifteen three so far two and a half stone would love to get to ten stone ten. I am on weight watches but hunt around the sites for motivation to keep me going. Well done on your weight loss think it's fabulous...

Good stuff Pete you must feel great! I think there are loads of low carb breads, wraps etc available at online stores, y don't u check them out for some inspiration? I guess if ur generally keeping away from carbs It cud get a little stale. I tried atkins for 2 weeks once and lost 5lb and i was miserable... I did weight watchers and in 2 weeks lost 7lb! Carbs it is for me :)

Good stuff Pete you must feel great! I think there are loads of low carb breads, wraps etc available at online stores, y don't u check them out for some inspiration? I guess if ur generally keeping away from carbs It cud get a little stale. I tried atkins for 2 weeks once and lost 5lb and i was miserable... I did weight watchers and in 2 weeks lost 7lb! Carbs it is for me :)

thankyou and what ever works for you is great as long as you're seeing results that's all that matters :)

Congratulations on your fab weight loss Pete! :scale: and hat's off to you for embracing the gym so well! :happy096:

I'm on Slimming World's Extra Easy Plan which allows me to eat potatoes, pasta etc. It's very flexible and it's not like being on a diet.

I think you'd find some of the recipes in the SW threads that would fit in very well with your new healthy eating regime.

Good luck with your weight loss journey, keep it up and let us know how you're getting on. :)

Congratulations on your fab weight loss Pete! :scale: and hat's off to you for embracing the gym so well! :happy096:

I'm on Slimming World's Extra Easy Plan which allows me to eat potatoes, pasta etc. It's very flexible and it's not like being on a diet.

I think you'd find some of the recipes in the SW threads that would fit in very well with your new healthy eating regime.

Good luck with your weight loss journey, keep it up and let us know how you're getting on. :)
Thanks a lot, iv'e started with a mate an intense session of boxing with cardio once a week with the gym owner, only been once but it doesn't half drain me, but i love the hard work in the gym pumps me up i'm still staying away from bad things it's getting a bit difficult but if iv'e stuck to it this long i dont want to give in, :) and i'll check those recipes out i love pasta potatoes and that kind of food.

Back