18 Years Old/25 Stone. Hi All =)

way to go U !!!! keep it up hun ur doing fantastically well! we r all here 4 u! :happy096:

Hello George!!

I just read through your story and i honestly think if you put all of your heart, mind and soul into this, you can do it!!

You will find sooo much help and support on this website and also make some great friends :)

Good luck with your journey and keep us uptodate x

Hi George!
Although I'm new to the forum, I used to attend Slimming World and just had to recommend it to you! I know there are others out there but for me, Slimming World rocks! It's about weight loss (obviously) but more than that, it's about being healthy. I've never felt so energised than when I was with the club, and they even let you have chocolate! (Provided you count the syn value of course!). It's worked for so many people I know and the support and incentives you get are amazing!
Wishing you HUGE amounts of luck... although luck doesn't really come into it when you're as motivated as you are!

Hey George,

Congrats on making the first step and admitting you have a problem and need help. I joined about 10 days ago and I'm following the Slimming World plan. I highly recommend it, it's so much easier than anything else I've tried and at 29st I've tried ALOT! You can buy the books from SWonline or at Ebay and follow along at home if you don't fancy a group, it's definitely helping me and lots of us on here follow along at home without going to group.

You're doing the right thing. The thing with comfort eating is it's rarely controllable, if you carry on you will only get bigger and bigger and eventually the health implications will set it, as they're beginning to with me. I'm 33 now and wish I'd have had the knowledge and forethought to be doing it at 18, the metabolism is faster when you're younger too so you've got everything going for you.

This forum is fast becoming my lifeline, it's fab and there's a wealth of support and information here. Good luck with the diary and the weigh in's, 6lbs is a fabulous start, if you carry on like this you could be doing exciting stuff at weekends too soon! If you have a bad day the important thing is not to give up, that's what I've learnt. Good luck!

Thank you all for your messages of support and suggesting slimming world. I haven't done any research into slimming world but I will have a good look! Thanks again everyone, it's still early days but I know i'll do it this time! :D
Goodluck to you all!

I am also 25 stone... I think. I'm American, I think a stone is 14lbs. Ill look it up later. I am doing the Atkins diet. I really miss playing football with my friends. I get winded way to quickly. Hope you are able to reach your goals.

Good Luck 8o)

I am also 25 stone... I think. I'm American, I think a stone is 14lbs. Ill look it up later. I am doing the Atkins diet. I really miss playing football with my friends. I get winded way to quickly. Hope you are able to reach your goals.

Good Luck 8o)

Good luck, Biggz!

Hey that's great George. I'm on Slimming World too and I must say I'm finding it great. This forum is really good for keeping the focus and support as well.

Good luck to you too Biggz, hopefully you'll be outrunning your friends some day!

Hi George, I'm new here and have a lot of weight to lose aswell. My story is very similar to yours but I am now 25 and weigh 29st 9lb. I want to get down to 18stone by summer 2013 so the hard work starts here.

Faye2601 commented on my diary recomending that I look you up - Good luck on your journey and let me know if you want to chat!

Hey George and Balboa, you guys want to start a slimming team?

I am 27, male and at around 27 stones now.
Would be cool if we could support each other to diet.

:)

Yeh sounds great TrippleWhopper. I am male 25, 29st 9lb. Want to make a real go of it and make a change for good this time. However, I am away from home at the moment and have not told friends/family about it because I could do without the preasure. Consequently I don't have a support network either!

Lets do it!

Hey Biggz, sure that's great. Good to find people who are in the same boat!

Should we create a thread for this?

Hi guys and well done on getting a group together! I wish u all lots of luck with your weight loss journeys. I have a 24yr old son who joined slimming world with me last week and I will suggest he joins you...may help him to feel less isolated.

Nearly forgot what I came on here for! Just dropped by to see how you're doing George, hope its still going well for you. :)

i was 18 and half stone in july i am nw 15st and 3 pound i started lipotrim las wk and lost 10lb in d first wk i was delighted, jst tell urself u cn do it get that will power going and u will do it im 22 and i cnt remember d last time my wieght was this low you can do it,,

Back