1805michelle Plz give ur support i need it EE Plan

Okay new week new day positive thoughts
Doing the Easy Extra Plan on SW

Breakfast : grapefruit and a bananna

Lunch : Spag bol made with lean mince and lots of tomatoes with italian herbs and some seasoning - (not sure if you need to count the seasoning?!?!?) and lots of pasta
- box of prepacked melon and some strawberries

Snack 1 Aplen Light chocolate & fudge bar - 1 still to use will have in a min so this will = 2 HEX B used

Dinner- Gammon steak potatoes in skin fresh pineapple and steamed veg Approx 2 table spoons of cheese sauce the bisto 1 made very runny no idea how many sys :help2:

Syn - cadburys fudge - 6 syns

Hex A was the milk for my 3 cups of tea/coffee

I had a few pints of water too. Although will try to drink more tomorrow x

I look forward to your guidance and will post my diary tomorrow.

Is it wrong to have grapefruit every morning? and eat strawberries most days????

:gen147: :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Todays list

Breakfast Grapefruit and a little later a bananna

Lunch Remainder of yesterdays Spag bol and pasta. A muller light youghure - Strawberry cheescake flavour - does anyone know if this is a syn ( wouldnt be worth it as not that great )

Snack Some melon and strawberries

Dinner Cod in butter sauce 1 1/2 syns???SW chips - used seasoning is this a syn ????
Fresh corn on the cob -no butter

Syn Curly wurly 6 Syns

Used Hex A for teas/coffee not used any Hex B but think I may have a cereal alpen light bar or something to use it up Suggestions please

I am looking for the proper recipe for SW chips is it just potatoes and fry light spray

So 7 1/2 syns for definate and maybe a few more if the yoghurt or seasoning are syns

Thanks ladies hopefully I will have a few replies tonight.

OK. Firstly, do you have an online membership or attend a group? If so, then the syn values for most mainstream products can be obtained from the website online.

It is vital that you check syns BEFORE you eat the item if you arent sure. Some sauces etc can be very high syn and unless you measure them and syn them carefully you can be eating substantially more syns than the plan recommends.

I think the strawberry cheesecake flavour mullers are 1 syn, but I agree with you that they are dreadful and not worth wasting syns on.

With the seasoning, it will very much again depend on what sort of seasoning it was. Generally all herbs and spices are free, BUT, some packet mixes may not be, they may contain oil or other ingredients that add a syn value. Always best to check, or ask in the syn value forum if you dont have access to the website.

Your breakfast is fine, but not very substantial, to last you a whole morning. Bananas also, while they are superfree, are quite high in carbohydrates and often people say they get better losses when they dont eat as many of them.

Your dinner could probably have used more veg on day 2, a corn on the cob looks substantial but if you stripped off all the corn it would not get anywhere near the 1/3 of your plate that you should be filling with superfree foods.

Otherwise, you seem to be making quite a good stab at it thus far, it takes everyone a couple of weeks to really get into the swing of it and you seem to understand the basics very well.

Just be cautious about items you arent sure about, and check the syn values and be sure to only have a measured amount of those items.

The Bisto cheese sauce is 2.5 syns for a level dessert spoon of the dried product. Never used it, so no idea how much this makes!?

You seem to be doing OK from what I can see - I would have to have a more substantial breakfast than this though, but that's my personal preference. The lean mince is syned but it's only 1/2 a syn per 28g raw weight, so you are probably still within your syn allowance. Hope this helps.

Your dinner could probably have used more veg on day 2, a corn on the cob looks substantial but if you stripped off all the corn it would not get anywhere near the 1/3 of your plate that you should be filling with superfree foods.

Sweetcorn is free on green only also, making it not 1/3 free food at all.

Other than that your diary is fine if it fills you up. Just make sure the meat is extra lean not just lean as it has syns.

hi hun, seen your other thread and sorry you feel like we havent been very supportive!!

the only thing i would say, is that you probably aren't using your full HEA allowance of milk in just 3 cups of tea/coffee, it might be worth measuring it out just to check :) (sorry if you are already doing this:p) other than that, make sure you are getting plenty of superfree and you should be fine hun xx

From a quick glance - a couple of things...
Certainly not a third superfree foods with your meals (all fruit and veg except peas, sweetcorn, potatoes, parsnips and broad beans are superfree)
Far too much guessing on syns - ask or check before you eat.

I'd also suggest going to a group and at least getting the plans explained to you by a consultant, even if you don't stay.

Your B choices can be bread, cereal, cereal bars, ryvita - lots to choose from.

I pretty much echo what everyone else has said on here, make sure you know the syn values before you eat the food. Some things I've looked up have been shocking and I've had to cut back on syns elsewhere to fit them in. I've found that sauces and general processed foods aren't worth the syns so I generally make my own.

I noticed you ask whether it's okay to eat the same fruits everyday, it definitely is! Strawberries are super speed so they're definitely good for munching on. I eat lots of bananas, strawberries, oranges and melon and they have been great for my weight loss.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Lunch : Spag bol made with lean mince and lots of tomatoes with italian herbs and some seasoning - (not sure if you need to count the seasoning?!?!?) and lots of pasta

Syn the lean mince, as someone else said.

Seasoning, no syns.

Did this plate of spag bol look like double the amount of melon and strawberries you had? Because if you aren't having 1/3 superfree veg, but fruit instead, you still need to be making sure your quantities are right.

Hex A was the milk for my 3 cups of tea/coffee

Full fat? Semi skimmed? Skimmed? Did you have any sugar/sweetener with your teasn coffees?

Is it wrong to have grapefruit every morning? and eat strawberries most days????

Not at all, but does the grapefruit actually fill you up for breakfast? Strawberries are super speed, like mentioned above too, and will boost your losses. It may help to take a break from them after a while, to give your body something different - like melon for example, any type other than watermelon. This is also superspeed.

Lunch Remainder of yesterdays Spag bol and pasta. A muller light youghure - Strawberry cheescake flavour - does anyone know if this is a syn ( wouldnt be worth it as not that great )

Snack Some melon and strawberries

No 1/3 superfree with lunch, are you counting the melon and strawberries towards that? If so, you need to be eating it pretty much straight after your meal. You're meant to have it at the same time so it all digests together or something like that.

Dinner Cod in butter sauce 1 1/2 syns???SW chips - used seasoning is this a syn ????
Fresh corn on the cob -no butter

If it was the Ross's boil a bag one, it's 1.5 syns as far as I can remember, so you're right there. No syn for the seasoning. Definitely not enough superfree for this to count as EE.

Used Hex A for teas/coffee not used any Hex B but think I may have a cereal alpen light bar or something to use it up Suggestions please

Plenty of other things you can have instead - take a look in the book and don't be afraid to mix up your choices. Getting stuck in a rut of having Alpen Light bars is something I did, when I cut them down I felt very glad.

I am looking for the proper recipe for SW chips is it just potatoes and fry light spray

Literally peel, chop, and parboil the potatoes. Drain for 10 mins or so to dry up excess water. Frylight a tray, place them on it, stick in the oven for anywhere between 30-45 mins, depending on your oven. Shake them about every ten mins or so.

Hope this has helped.

THANKS THANKS THANKS

Ladies Thanks for all your very interesting information ( Im not sure how to thank you all so it shows on to your profile but if someone tells me I will do it when next on)

It has never been mentioned to me before about the 1/3 of super free food to be eating along with the meal and to be a third of the portion size Ive been eating the free foods as snacks sort of things to keep me going so I think its time to read and adjust this week and read and understand is there a thread that anyone can recommend that explains easy extra in a fool proof way I have read one but if there is more please give me the link I want it DRUMMED in I will post so please still give me your opinions My milk is always skimmed and I eat my grapefruit in the morning and never really want anything else I have some fruit on my way to work in the car sometimes and once in work If I get time its easier to grab an alpen light bar but never get a chance to eat 2 so I do forget about the other or have it late at night with my last tea/coffee I always use sweetners in my tea/coffee My mince is always lean I didnt know about extra lean so thats another fantastic tip Sugar free jelly will be getting mad by the trays :)

And once again I want to say thanks to you all I guess I was feeling a little down and when My wl has been a big fat zero for 3-4 weeks and I ve been good I really began to get down and when a friend looses 4 doing the same as me I think where am i going wrong :-( so thanks thanks thanks
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

I would love to :grouphugg: you all an that really does mean everyone on the site Keep up the good work and I look forward to understanding it better.

would just like to say the sweetcorn, cooked without fat/oil if free on EE

Thanks again ladies still all over the place but i do try I play with this 2lbs up and down I have so many social events to go to and lots just past but i havent gained as I would normally have so thats a bonus and I keep trying I may try and get my head back into the red and green for a few days but it the ole time of the month and a horrendous one at that this month not really craved sweet things recently but this month Ive gone crazy So get it over with then back on the right line few days and Ill be clear minded and ready to stick to my plan.

Thanks for all your help Not had a pc for the last while so not been able to post but my diary is all ready to start tomorrow.

Good night and thanks again xx

Back