Finally doing it...

Hello minimims, I've been neglecting you lately. Running around keeping myself busy :) I was at a Scottish ceilidh on Friday night - very enjoyable...and sweaty!! It was a friend's 30th so *some* booze was consumed (ahem), but I'm hoping that the galloping around might help offset that somewhat....hmmm

In other news, I'm trying to incorporate more EE days as it forces me to eat more superfree foods, which can only be a good thing!

Friday - day 1 - RED
a Milk
a 42g rf halloumi
b Bread
b
Breakfast: Toasted bacon and tomato sandwich
Lunch: none...bad
Dinner: Beef madras
Snack: home-made sausage
Syns: Not too sure, going to syn the night at 40 just to be sure

Saturday - day 2 - EE
a 5 laughing cow light
b 4 ryvita
Breakfast: potato rosti, beans, tomato, home-made sausage, fried egg
Lunch: Smoked salmon on ryvita with cream cheese
Dinner: Roasted cod with roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes and roasted red onion, garlic, courgette, pepper, tomato
Snacks: pack wafer thin turkey slices, fruit salad (orange, grape, melon)
Syns: 3 celebrations = 6
Syns for week: 46

Sunday - day 3 - EE
a Milk
b Bread
Breakfast: Bacon and tomato sandwich
Lunch: none (early and BIG dinner)
Dinner: Roast chicken, mash, cabbage, carrots and gravy (chicken stock, onions, rosemary, thyme and 1/4 tsp sweetener reduced down)
Snacks: Muller light, strawbs, blueberries, blackberries, grapes
Syns: 3 celebrations = 6
Syns for week: 52

Will have to go light on the syns for the rest of the week. I have a night out planned on Weds (night before WI - eek) but I have interviews scheduled the next day so it's a good reason to stick to the lime and soda and miss the vodka and should be acceptable to my friends! No social pariah-ness for me :)

Hope everyone managed to have a good weekend despite the glorious weather we're experiencing!!!!!

Tube strike today meant my plans to visit my friend were scuppered so I tried to keep myself busy round the house and got out for a walk. Not the most exciting of days, but I have a nice sense of accomplishment from organising!!

I finally made those fishcakes from this month's magazine that I've been banging on about for ages and they were lovely!! Very pleased I got round to doing it - had the mash left over from yesterday's roast :) I have 3 more batches in the freezer for an easy tea in the next few weeks. I think if I were making them again I'd add some fresh herbs (chives? dill? coriander?) and salt and pepper to the mix. Very pleased with my super easy tartare sauce though - 0% total, chopped gherkins and capers, a touch of sweetener and a bit of lemon juice. Yum

Monday - day 4 - EE
a Milk
b Bread
Breakfast/Lunch: 2 quorn sausages and 2 fried eggs on toast
Dinner: 2 salmon fishcakes, HEAPS of salad (lettuce, peppers, onion and tomato) and home-made tartare sauce
Snacks: Packet of wafer thin turkey, 2 clementines, muller light
Syns: 0

Last edited:
Hello all. There may be an end to my endless interviewing in sight....and it's been staring me in the face this whole time. I met up with my old boss today for coffee and he really wants me back - apparently there's a lot of work on and he thinks I'm "fantastic" so it's up to me to mull over for a bit. (Plus he said I was looking fabulous - 3+ stone gone and 3-4 dress sizes down since I last saw him!). There are some things I need to make sure I'm happy with - the whole concept of going 'back' and making sure the role is properly defined to match my new enthused zest for life but it is very tempting. In all the interviews I've been to, I've never really felt like 'this is the ONE'. So....big decisions to be made :confused:, but hopefully more positive on the job front than it's been in a while. Will be great to finally get back into working life.

Anyhoo :)

Tuesday - day 5 - RED day
(yum, I love the red days)
a Milk
a
b Bread
b
Breakfast: 2 quorn sausages, bacon and tomato sandwich with home-made ketchup (need to make another batch up pretty soon)
Lunch: Moroccan chicken from the freezer
Dinner: Bolognese and veg stew (lots of onion, celery, carrot, courgette, green pepper and mushrooms added to make sure I don't lose out on the healthy veg)
Snack:
Syns:

Not sure about snacks/ using my other HexAB. Might have a tv snack of cheese on toast and also have some clementines and apples. Or a muller light with raspberries. Oh, the choice. So much food, so little time.....heh ;)

So............yesterday I fell off the wagon with the aid of too much vodka and some SW unfriendly snacking so my weekly syns need to be upped by 50 :mad: Onwards and upwards, onwards and upwards. Not the most weekly syns I've ever consumed but I am hugely disappointed in myself. Boredom won out in the end. I have an night out planned with the girls tonight and I was going to treat myself to some wine, but after last night's performance I have put myself in the sin bin and will be sticking to sparkling water and diet coke.

In other, more inspiring news, I FINALLY found the laughing cow deli lite blue cheese/ onion squares. WOO HOO :D might not seem like a big deal, but I have been looking for them for ages!!! I've bought some black pepper and the sweet onion ryvitas (I think 3 are a HexB?) and am looking forward to some lovely snacking. I have elevated these things to mythical proportions so I hope they taste as good as I think they do!! I like normal laughing cow, but sometimes it needs a bit of ooomph.

Weds - day 6 - RED
a Milk
a (5 laughing cow deli lite blue cheese)
b Bread
b (3 ryvita onion)
Breakfast: quorn sausage, bacon, tomato toasted sandwich
Lunch/ Dinner: Massive portion of beef stir-fry with a ready pack of veg (broccoli, green beans, onion, chinese leaf and fresh herbs). Yum
Snack: some deli lite on ryvita
Syns: 0 (as long as I stay off the booze)
Syns for week: 102 :sigh:

Evening all. Another busy day today, but let me start with news from tonight's WI.....drum roll.........I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!! And I was SOTW. WOOP :D Definitely was not expecting that - I was hoping for a loss and thinking maybe I'd get to 2lb, but not 4lb. Yay! Proves to me I think that red and green are the way forward as my flirtation with EE didn't really pay off...don't think it's good for me to be able to eat unlimited pasta and meat as I do take that as a bit of a challenge rather than a healthy guideline. EE did teach me to eat more fruit and veg, so I will try and keep that part of it up.

So that loss puts me at 1lb shy of getting my club 10 and I'm now 6lb on in my christmas challenge. Not sure that this week is the week I'll get club 10 though as my sister is coming over from tomorrow night until Wednesday and I'm pretty sure there'll be some drinking and meals out as I haven't seen her in months. Still - it is within my grasp and it seemed like so much to lose when I started.

Slightly more disappointing news is the laughing cow deli light. Having spent 6 weeks searching for it in various supermarkets, I now own it and.....I prefer the regular laughing cow :sigh: I tried it on sweet onion ryvita and had to spit it out - REALLY didn't like the ryvita and the blue cheese one was so synthetic tasting. I managed to eat 3 of the onion cheese squares on black pepper ryvita, but it was generally disappointing. Still, you live and learn and I've got to bounce back from this tragedy. Never meet your idols, that's what I say...

Thursday - day 7 - RED
a Milk
a 3 deli light laughing cow (not quite full allowance)
b Bread
b 3 black pepper ryvita
Breakfast: Bacon and tomato sandwich and 2 boiled eggs
Lunch: none (interviews from 1 - 4pm which is why I stocked up at breakfast
Dinner: a LOT of bolognese mince packed with veg from the freezer with ryvita and cheese on the side

Hi hun, well done on your 4lbs off skinny ass, I'm impressed! Fingers crossed for you club 10 next week maybe. Oh - and the blue cheese laughing cow, totally agree with you... tasted of blah! x

Thanks Louise24 - I still can't quite believe it myself! Am dead chuffed and to be honest, I haven't found the whole SW thing that much of a trauma....am just sorry I didn't start it earlier!!! Here's hoping I can stick to my guns when my sister is over and get that pound off this week. 20lbs off since 19 August and 3st 10lb since this time last year. :D

Hello there

Been a busy time so I've not been on here in a while. My sister has been over and we've been having a blast. Unfortunately that translates into more syns than usual....and all in vodka or wine form. I've been good on the food (apart from 4 fruit pastilles, a wine gum and 3 chips) sticking to red with one EE day but I think the scales tomorrow will reflect the nights out. I have a hen weekend coming up too so that's not going to be easy to navigate BUT I am back on it apart from those blips. I've just got to not get too down about whatever I've put on and believe that I can get it off again and keep moving down the scales. SW will have to fit around my life for the next while.

Wednesday - RED
a Milk
a 5 laughing cow light
b Bread
b 4 ryvita
Breakfast: 2 eggs, scrambled on toast
Lunch: 4 ryvita with laughing cow and ham
Dinner: SW chicken curry
Syns for week: ?????

Hi Loumoo - well done on the 4lbs! :happy096:

Hope your WI isn't as bad as you fear!

Also, very sorry to hear that the laughing cow blue cheese is bleugh, as I've been looking for that too! :mad:

Hi and thanks Spanx....on the blue cheese laughing cow, my sister really liked it and went home with both my packs!! So maybe I'll try it again - i have notions of putting it into pasta bakes and maybe making burgers with it in the middle.

In other news - I lost 2 lbs at WI this evening!!!! Am stunned and amazed. I was good on the food the whole week, but not so much on the boozing...but there was an awful lot of dancing! Still though - it means i got a 1 1/2 st award AND my club 10 :) :happy036:

Must try and be good this week, although I am leaving for a hen weekend tomorrow so that will be tough. October in general is tough as I have another hen weekend coming after this one! Will just try and be good in between the bad :rolleyes:

Thursday - GREEN day
a milk
a 42g rf cheddar
b Bread
b Bread
Breakfast: WW beans, 2 fried eggs on toast
Dinner: veg dahl (lots of cauli, tomato, onion, potatoes, lentils) and rice
Snack: cheese on toast yum
Syns: 6 (curly wurly)

Well.....that was some weekend! Went to a hen do in Chichester and we had 3 nights and days of merriment, life drawing, lots of booze and all the naughty food you can think of. I indulged - and HOW! We were staying in a house and everything was catered so there was no other choice - just had to eat what I was given. Managed to pack in steak and dauphinois potatoes, lemon tart, bacon sandwich ('real bread' and 'real bacon'), dominos pizza, fish & chips, toast, sandwiches, thai takeaway and chocolate. And a mini muffin. Spent all of yesterday suffering for it too - my stomach was NOT happy at all and I'm only starting to feel non-bloated and normal. I obviously have massive guilt going on about all the food and am obviously not looking forward to WI on Thursday, but I am pleased that my body rebelled. I honestly prefer my SW recipes to anything I ate over the weekend and am happy to put all that behind me. Definitely won't be doing it again and I know it's now preference rather than 'denying' myself anything. It's not worth feeling like I did for 48 hours after such indulgence and I can look at that food on someone else's plate safe in the knowledge that I really really don't want to eat it. Got another hen do weekend after next and I know that I'll be able to go for something SW friendlier than last weekend.

Today I'm back to my RED days (and feeling much better)
a Milk
a
b Bread
b
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs on toast
Lunch: Sliced turkey and tomato
Dinner: Haddock (cooked in foil in the oven with herbs), roast veg (red onion, peppers, tomato, garlic, courgette)
Snack: I may have cheese on toast later or some weetabix crunchy bran for my remaining HexAB or a fibre plus and a 20g stick of cheese. Not decided yet.
Not going to bother counting syns until Friday as I'll be syn free until WI since I consumed about a billion over the weekend

Aaaahhh......feels good to be back on it. Although I reckon I've put on 4 or 5 lbs, I am confident I'll take it off and continue to my goal. I have the vision!!!!!!

yum

YUM!! Thought I would give a quick post here to say that I've just tried the onion chutney i made yesterday with some ham (lunch/ snack thing) and it is delicious. Would totally go with cheese, meats, sandwiches (oooh...steak sandwich) or a burger etc etc. I love chutney and ketchup (bacon sandwich) and am so pleased I have SW friendly versions!

Recipe here:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/142135-syn-free-onion-chutney-marmalade.html

:D

Oh I'm so pleased to be back on SW after my weekend off. Much happier and delicious food - I'd be a fool not to!! I am full of the joys of SW today - along with the weather. Firmly believe that I can do it this time, no matter how long it takes and am noticing my eating habits changing for the better. I used to be a crisp fiend, but my sister pointed out that the 6 pack of quavers/ squares I have in for 'emergencies' is actually out of date and I haven't touched a bag! :eek: Unbelievable, but I'd rather 'spend' my syns on other things and eat real food if I'm feeling peckish. Or an apple/ muller light.

Wednesday - RED today
a Milk
a 42g rf cheddar
b Bread
b [Fibre plus]
Breakfast: Bacon and tomato sandwich with ketchup
Lunch: 3 egg baked omelette filled with spinach, mushroom and some of the cheese and then rest of cheese on top. DELICIOUS. Served with some of the onion chutney that I made yesterday. Cannot get enough of the stuff!!!
Dinner: will be roast cod with roast red onion, courgette, peppers and cherry tomatoes and most likely onion chutney! :rolleyes: Followed by a muller light
Snack: 2 slices lean hame with chutney rolled up (to taste the chutney more than anything), Fibre plus with a cup of tea later on while watching the apprentice
Syns: 0 (Syns for week: a billion)

Hi there, just been looking through your last few posts, well done for being so determined to get back on track so quickly after the weekend, and for discovering that sometimes body and mind just don't agree and in actual fact our bodies do run a lot better on healthy food, and that the well-planned path of SW life is a lot more beneficial than eating rubbish. I've pretty much come to the same conclusion myself albeit with a heck of a lot of bumps in the road. What you said about it is preferance over 'denying' is so true, it has taken me a long time to get that firmly drilled in and sometimes I think you need to get right down into the bad ways a bit to be able to see just what we were doing to ourselves pre-SW. It's quite scary really when you think about it.

When is your weigh in this week? You may well get a pleasant surprise, often I think :cry:I've put on 4lbs:cry:but in actual fact I've only put on 1.5lbs or something like that, it can feel a lot worse than it is.

Good luck and well done on your discovery.

WI tonight and my first ever gain: 2lbs on. But....we all know why, so we're moving on and getting down and dirty back on the SW plan and much happier about it. Just a small matter of a night out with the girls tomorrow and the rest of the week *should* be on plan - can't see any reason why not. Despite feeling quite lardy (weird, as I didn't feel this bloaty and roll of fat-y the week before, when I was the same weight) I am still enthused and full of the love of SW.

Thursday - day 7 of week - RED
a Milk
a
b Bread
b
Breakfast: Bacon and tomato sandwich with home-made ketchup. Really need an acronym for that. Maybe "hmk"
Lunch: Slices of turkey with my hmoc (home-made onion chutney)
Dinner: Roast cod (marinated in soy sauce, garlic, chilli, ginger, spring onion, coriander)

Hi hun, at least you know where the gain came from, you'll easily get rid of it, hope you have a good week this week, enjoy your night out tonight... am off to look at your onion recipe x

the bigger picture...

Thanks Louise24 - definitely try the onion chutney, it is delicious. Non SW people agree and have demanded the recipe. And yeah, I know how I got the gain and I suppose I'm lucky with only 2lb, but it's still a bit 'urgh'. Although....people have been saying how good I look lately and I went back to look at some old pics and I can see the change - they're not of me at my biggest because I hid from the camera but they still show the progress I think. Have copied them here for some inspiration. There's about 3 1/2 st difference between me in them.

Hopefully the pics come out....not very technical!

Attachments

• IMG_0262 (2)_2.jpg
    IMG_0262 (2)_2.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Me Now.jpg
    Me Now.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 93
Ok, so what have i been eating since I last posted food diary. My parents have been over but I managed to keep the food ok - bit of a booze though on Friday with the girls and Saturday at home with mum we shared a couple of bottles of wine. I've no idea on syns though as Friday night involved a strawberry daquiri and a watermelon drink thing, so on top of whatever spirit was used, I have to add in blended fruit and possibly sugar syrup syns. I have no idea and rather than guess, I'm going to assume that i'm way over my syns for the week and keep syn free until Thursday WI.

Friday 22 Oct - RED
a Milk
a 5 laughing cow light
b 4 ryvita
b
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, bacon, grilled mushroom
Lunch: 4 ryvita with smoked salmon and cream cheese
Dinner: Bolognese mince (from the freezer) with added courgette, mushroom, green pepper
Syns: a billion. Good night though

Sat 23 Oct - GREEN
a Milk
a 28g Parmesan
b Bread
b
Breakfast: Beans, toast, 2 quorn sausage
Lunch: Low fat super noodles
Dinner: Jamie's 30 min mushroom risotto. Saw the programme this week and adapted the recipe for SW and it was delicious!! Mum and dad loved it and couldn't tell it was 'healthy eating'
Syns: 25.5 (Syns for week: a billion + 25.5)

Sun 24 Oct - RED (bit of a food binge today)
a Milk
a 42g rf cheddar
b Bread
b Bread
Breakfast: Bacon and tom sandwich (with home-made ketchup)
Lunch: 3 quorn sausages
Dinner: classic chicken curry
Snacks: lean ham, cheese on toast, melon slices
Syns: you know the score....

Nothing much to report today. Am wondering how I can incorporate my extra HexA into a snack later. Any ideas out there? I could always have one of my cheese portions that I buy and never eat (those 20g mix bag ones) but it'd be good to have some other ideas. An extra HexB is a no-brainer - Fibre Plus every time!! Or 2 alpen lights.

Mon 25 Oct - RED
a Milk
a
b Bread
b 4 ryvita
Breakfast: Bacon, 2 quorn sausage, tomato sandwich
Lunch: Prawns with 0% total yoghurt, lime, coriander on ryvita
Dinner: Roast chicken breast (garlic and rosemary), onion gravy (chicken floppy knorr, onion sliced, splash of cider vinegar, sweetener, oregano), cabbage, broc, leek
Snack: Muller Light (will have later in front of Spooks)

Back