Step 1 Sole Source + 18lb Loss in my first week - is that safe?

SteveS

I've just weighed in after my first full week. I could hardly believe what I saw!!
I have found it extremely difficult, feeling tired, dizzy and like my head was full of 'cotton wool' but most definitely worth it.
My question is, is this unusual and is it safe.
I am type 2 diabetic and may well be coming off my Metformin already, my blood glucose is as low as its been for ages.

You need to see your doctor and ask him or her. People on a forum can only guess as to whether its safe if you are on medication and have diabetes.

Wow. I did 17 1/2 in week 1. 18 lbs is amazing. Im on week 9 lost 58 lbs in total now and I feel fine. Very happy actually!

If you are diabetic and on medication I am guessing that you would have had to get your doctor to sign the form before you started. If your doctor was happy then I'm sure it's fine. Maybe check with him/her to make sure.

Well done though! Amazing!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs

Thanks Caz, I saw my my practice nurse again this morning and she is very happy. She took lots of measurements and did a few tests and actually gave me a hug. That's a first!

Your weight loss has been amazing, well done. Have you felt well all the way through? I seem to have a part of every day where I feel rough, a bit light headed and tired?

That's great.

Thank you. I have my moments but generally feel fine.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs

Wow very good I am looking forward to starting my journey now

Back