1985's Diary

Hi everyone!

I've tried JUDDD briefly once before, and it worked for me. I was able to lose 8 lbs in 2 weeks, but then I fell off the wagon. It's time to recommit to the program, because I have a lot of weight to lose. 65 lbs, to be exact.

I'm no stranger to internet forums and know how addictive they can be. Maybe I can use that to my advantage...I'm hoping that rambling in here will help keep me on track. :p

I guess I'll start by writing a bit about myself...

I'm 25 years old and have roughly 60 lbs to lose. I'm hoping to be at my goal in 6 months.

I'm trying to increase my exercise on my up days. I think I'm going to make weekends either up days or "in between" days, because I don't know how I can possibly diet if I'm at home all day! It's easier at work, aside from the mental fatigue that sometimes accompanies a lack of food.

I guess what it comes down to is that I need to lose at least 10 lbs a month - preferably more. Easy, right?

Last edited:
Heya! This forum is now very quiet! I love JUDDD.. good luck with it.. Looking forward to your updates xx

Hi 86! Yes, I noticed it's pretty quiet here...glad to see someone else posting!

JUDDD seems so promising. I found it surprisingly easy to stick to as long as I made up my mind not to cheat. I've been lacking willpower lately, it seems...

I just have to say: your progress pictures are AMAZING! Congratulations!!! Did you rely on JUDDD to lose the weight or use other methods as well?

Down day #1:

So far so good...
1 cup of coffee
1 cup of tea
1 cup of green tea
1 small mandarin orange
1 50 calorie rice cake (basil and tomato flavoured - so yummy!)
1 bowl of (watered down) potato soup
1/4 of a ham sandwich

I'm not good at counting calories (and am not crazy about the idea of eating only prepackaged foods on down days). Still though, I think I'm coming in somewhere around 400 calories. I might have another 100 tonight, but no more than that.

I find I need to save my calories for the evening because that's when I get hungriest. The problem is I work at a job that's very mentally demanding and I find myself starting to feel lightheaded and mentally fuzzy if I get too hungry. I hope that will diminish as I get used to the program. Otherwise I might have to consider eating several 50 calorie snacks throughout the day rather than lunch...not sure what I think of that.

Already, I've run into a snag where "real life" is interfering with my diet. I want my down days to be Monday/Wednesday/Friday but this Wednesday I have a work lunch to go to. I guess I could do a second down day tomorrow, or maybe on the weekend...? Guess I'll wait and see how hungry I am tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't know a whole lot about the diet or how much it can be modified. So far today has been the second down day in a row for me, but I'm not sure if my willpower will last...one of the ladies at work is bringing trifle for our coffee break this afternoon... :p :eek:

Update: I resisted snacking at coffee time!

Today's food:
Coffee
Tea
Green tea
1 can of tuna (160 calories)
Some lettuce (hardly any calories)
1 rice cake (50 calories - love those things!)
1 spoonful of 1% cottage cheese (40 calories?)
Water, water and more water!
1 chocolate chip cookie (ok, I'm not perfect, but it was small...)

I'm not sure what to have for supper tonight, but I figure as long as I keep it light the day will have been a success. When I did JUDDD before, I found that 500 calories was a real struggle for me, but 600 was doable. I may start aiming for 600 again. I don't know why that extra 100 seems so important, but it does.

Last edited:
It's been a long time, but I'm back. About a week after my last post, I had a horrific medical emergency. For a long time, my focus was just on getting through each day. It's taken a tremendous physical and emotional toll on me, but now I've mostly adjusted to the permanent damage that was done and am finally getting on with life.

I was absolutely drained after my ordeal and still shudder when I think about it, but the important thing is I got through it. I'm taking some time off from work right now and am so grateful that I'm able to do so.

Needless to say, the weight loss efforts have been completely non-existent since I last checked in. I'm ready to get back on track with JUDDD now and am making an effort to get regular exercise.

Stats

Height: 5'4
Sex: Female
Current weight: 210.5 lbs
Goal weight: 144 lbs

It's good to be back. :)

~65 lbs is a lot. Sometimes I find it easier to break my weight loss goals into smaller, more manageable chunks. My short term goals:

Aug. 1: 205 lbs
Sep. 1: 193 lbs
Oct. 1: 180 lbs
Nov. 1: 168 lbs
Dec. 1: 156 lbs
Jan. 1: 144 lbs

I can't wait to be out of the dreaded 200s. I also can't wait to have a figure that I can hopefully not feel ashamed about. I've decided I want to go on vacation somewhere hot next year, once the thought of wearing a swimsuit in public doesn't mortify me. So yes, those are my goals.

I just weighed in at 207.8 lbs. My first mini-goal of 205 lbs by the start of August is within reach!

I'm going away on vacation for a week so the diet is going on a temporary hiatus. When possible, I'm going to try to do lots of walking - after all, I want to go sightseeing, so why not do some of it by foot and burn some calories in the process? I'm hoping to not do too much damage in the weight department and still intend to hit the 193 lbs goal on September 1. If I have to work harder when I get back to make that happen, so be it.

I'm back from my vacation. Oh my goodness, the food! There were massive buffets and countless desserts and and and... I'm sure I did a lot of a damage. How much, I can't say. I ate like crazy (against my better judgment). I also did a lot of walking, so I'm hoping that counteracted my gluttony somewhat.

For the next few days, I plan to drink a ton of water and eat very little. I'm thinking low calorie smoothies, multivitamins and spinach salad. I'm considering it my "detox." After that, I intend to resume JUDDD or some modified version of it.

After 2 or 3 days of "detox" I'll confront the scale. Maybe I should weigh myself immediately to find out exactly how much damage I've done, but I can't bring myself to do it. Instead, I'm hoping to lose a couple pounds first. After all, a 3 lb weight gain sounds a lot more bearable than a 5 lb weight gain - amirite? (Oh please let it be in the 3 - 5 lb range and not more than that...)

Was it worth it? Is it ever worth it? In my opinion, no. That said, food was a big part of my vacation this past week and I'd have been disappointed to miss out on it. Maybe that's testament to the way I've been raised, to make everything centre around food. Oh well. I had a nice week and am ready to get back on track now. That's what really matters.

It turns out I gained 2 lbs on vacation...not as bad as I'd expected. Current weight: 209 lbs.

I got right back on track, but I guess I picked up some germs at the airport. I've been pretty sick these past few days. Exercising is out of the question and I'm reluctant to diet until I'm on the mend.

Hopefully on Monday I can pick up where I left off.

My (slightly revised) goals:

- Lose 10 lbs in Aug. (199 lbs)
- Lose 15 lbs in Sep. (184 lbs)
- Lose 10 lbs in Oct. (174 lbs)
- Lose 10 lbs in Nov. (164 lbs)
- Lose 10 lbs in Dec. (154 lbs)
- Lose 10 lbs in Jan. (144 lbs)

I'm feeling a little better, but am still not up to doing much. I feel I overate today, but it was mostly healthy, nourishing food: veggie soup and salad. I need to cut down on my portions and on toppings (salad dressing, cheese). I also cheated tonight and had a couple peanut butter cookies and some ice cream.

I'm going to take the weekend easy, but will try to be more mindful of my eating. On Monday, I hope to feel well enough to start jogging. I intend to jog twice a day. Maybe that seems a bit extreme, but I doubt I'll have this kind of free time again for a very long time and I want to make the most of it. I'm disappointed in myself for not using it to my advantage sooner, but all I can do now is move forward.

I weighed in this morning at 207.4. Though I've been eating healthily, I've been eating a lot and I wasn't exercising due to being ill. So, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd dropped a bit of weight rather than gained.

I'm feeling much better and got back to my workout yesterday. I'd love to drop 7 more lbs before September!!

Tonight when I was out running errands, I saw treadmills on sale for 75% off. I entertained the idea for a moment but was worried that a treadmill would just be yet another (expensive) dust collector. It's still on my mind, though, especially with a long, cold winter right around the corner.

Hi

Just wanted to say that I think you're doing very well! The JUDDD forum has a habit of being active for a while and then dead for weeks on end, so it's nice to see some new posts. I attempted JUDDD months ago, and lost about a stone but I was also exercising a lot going for long walks so not sure how much loss was due to exercise and how much was down to JUDDD.

I agree 100% about what you said about needing to bump it up to 600 calories a day instead of 500, 500 just seems that little bit too low.

Have you decided about the treadmill yet? I think if you tend to do a lot of walking/running to help lose weight, then it might be a good idea to buy one as cold horrible weather might put you off exercising.

How are you doing today?

Back