1lb!?!?

:(
Hello all, this is my 13th day on TS and proud to say I have been 100%. I admit I had a really good loss last week (12lbs) and put that down to being the first week. I cannot believe that on the scales this morning I have only lost 1lb, I know a pound is a pound but I cannot help thinking why bother replacing food altogether for such a small loss?

I've been drinking water like theres no tomorrow, so do not think thats the reason. Has anyone else had a really small loss in week 2, but found this made up in week 3?

Thanks

H

Hi ickle, yeah its normal.first week you lost great amount of weight and second week is 1lbs or 2lbs. Stay strong hun you will get good result in third week.

Last edited:
Thanks Harry m. I really needed to hear that. You are doing fab with your weightloss. It's been a tough old weekend, I find that when I see good losses on the scales keeps me motivated to carry on but not having a good loss has almost knocked me off the wagon, but not quite-so I'm still in the game! Fingers crossed for a double whammy loss next week! x

Don't lose heart - it will work!

X

I lost 15lbs in first week and only 3lbs in 2nd week. A loss is still a loss, but im hoping to lose a bit more in my 3rd week weigh in on Saturday. Ive started going to the gym and aiming to go 4-5 times a week for an hour. Maybe introducing some exercise will help even if it is 20 mins a day. Good luck ickle.pickle :) x

Thanks all! I weighed this morning (my actual 2 week weigh in) and it says i've lost just shy of 3lbs so maybe I was a bit too impatient when I weighed before. I have certainly learned my lesson and will not be weighing in between weeks again! As tempting as it is! Ive asked my hubby to hide the scales. x x

I've seen my weight stick for about 3 days in a row then drop by a couple of pounds. The body is a really annoying thing :) Well done on your loss so far, you're doing brilliantly. Just stick in there. Usually when you don't lose much one week you lose more the next. It's always a bit disappointing to see the amount you lose drop but it all add's up and you'll keep hitting the half stones before you know it!! x Also, sometimes I find the scales don't go down, but my clothes are fitting better, I end up putting it down to water retention!

Welcome to my world up and down like a yoyo when i weigh daily! week 1 a shed load week 2 1.5Lb week 3 2lb and i have been fanatically good about everything. not even added ham to my pasta. Just have to figure its a long haul and revert to weighing monthly i guess!

I've had some thing similar in my 4th week, first week I lost 14lb week 2 8lb week 3 6lb then only 1lb last week. I checked this morning and I'm not n ketosis anymore, don't know why I've stuck to it religiously and had at least 3 litres of water a day. I read somewhere it can take upto 6 weeks for your body to fully adjust to the amount of calories your eating

You can just have a week where you dont lose anything. My Lighter Life counsellor used to think the body could tell it was loosing too much weight so it filled the fat cells with water, but you do normally drop the following week. So just stick in there :)

Back