1st aam next week, what are your faves?? not much to choose from I guess?

sophia-jo

Silver Member
Hiya, what's your fave aam and do you alter it in any way or do you stick to the BOOK?? I need to re-look in my book for ideas,,, not much to choose from but I'mm looking forward to it either way. mmmm

what do you eat??

not on add a meal but had a GORGEOUS meal last week which was low carb low gi....rosemary roasted pork with brussel sprouts and sweet potato wedges it was divine

not on add a meal but had a GORGEOUS meal last week which was low carb low gi....rosemary roasted pork with brussel sprouts and sweet potato wedges it was divine

oooooh yeah babeeeeee!!! did you tell us about it?? I'm sure I read something like that on the daily. OMG, sooooooooo gorgeous. what I wouldnt do for a plate of that right now:eek: lol:D

IDEAS

MCDONALDS, KFC, KEBAB,CHIPPIE LOL!!!!!:gimi:

ONLY KIDDIN!! I HAVE BREAST OF CHICKEN WITH BROCOLI OR CAULIFLOWER. FRESH TUNA STEAK WITH PICKLED CABBAGE, OR TUNA IN SPRING WATER WITH PICKLED CABBAGE. PREFER THE TOP 4 THOUGH HA HA !!!:devilangel:.

BE GOOD ALL OF YOU THINK POSITIVE. XX

MCDONALDS, KFC, KEBAB,CHIPPIE LOL!!!!!:gimi:

ONLY KIDDIN!! I HAVE BREAST OF CHICKEN WITH BROCOLI OR CAULIFLOWER. FRESH TUNA STEAK WITH PICKLED CABBAGE, OR TUNA IN SPRING WATER WITH PICKLED CABBAGE. PREFER THE TOP 4 THOUGH HA HA !!!:devilangel:.

BE GOOD ALL OF YOU THINK POSITIVE. XX

hiya hun, how much broccolli/cauliflower do you have? Also, what's pickeld cabage like?? is it very vinergary (if that's even a word) or is it sweet? I had my first aam tonight, I had 50g of chicken breast with one asparagus stick and one floret of broccolli, I'm getting hungry thinking about it....(I'd prefer the top 4 too):D

I love aam

On days when I am at work I have my meal at lunch time as a salad - I have the "tastes like chicken" variety of quorn seasoned with chilli powder and black pepper either dry fryed in my griddle pan or blasted in the microwave for a bit served with lettuce and cucumber.

When I am at home I love to have a nice bit of haddock loin - I put this on a bit of tin foil and season with some chilli and black pepper, or last aam I tried some cajun seasoning and another time chopped chives and black pepper, and slice my 2 tblsp of courgettes over the top of the fish. Then lift the sides of the foil and fold them to form a little sealed foil parcel and bake in the oven for about 25mins - delicious.

Generally I always tend to stick to either fish or quorn on my aam as I am not the biggest fan of tofu and cottage cheese and I will always choose the extra 30g of quorn or fish over the smaller portion of chicken turkey ;)

I love aam

On days when I am at work I have my meal at lunch time as a salad - I have the "tastes like chicken" variety of quorn seasoned with chilli powder and black pepper either dry fryed in my griddle pan or blasted in the microwave for a bit served with lettuce and cucumber.

When I am at home I love to have a nice bit of haddock loin - I put this on a bit of tin foil and season with some chilli and black pepper, or last aam I tried some cajun seasoning and another time chopped chives and black pepper, and slice my 2 tblsp of courgettes over the top of the fish. Then lift the sides of the foil and fold them to form a little sealed foil parcel and bake in the oven for about 25mins - delicious.

Generally I always tend to stick to either fish or quorn on my aam as I am not the biggest fan of tofu and cottage cheese and I will always choose the extra 30g of quorn or fish over the smaller portion of chicken turkey ;)

My mouth is watering :drool:
I need to find my booklet for the up to date amounts, but think I may look into something other than the chicken, although I do like it I would like to have a bigger meal :eat: your meals do sound DELICIOUS!!!

Do you find it hard to get back to ss after aam week? This is something that worries me. It's day one on aam for me and I'm a bit peckish now...maybe coz I'm thinking of food and not much else right now but do you ever have a problem getting back onto ss?

I hope my existing will power stays with me... you have done sooooo well. xxx

oooh Ruth, forgot to ask, how much veg do you have, I know it says 2 table spoons but is that heaped or what?? I think they should give weights...I only had one asparagus stick and one broccolli floret with my 50g of chicken, I LOVED it but if I'm allowed more veg then I will have it... was scared of having too much incase I came out of ketosis.

xx sj xx

That's a good question of SJ's. How do you measure lettuce or asparagus etc in tablespoons? Does anyone have weights for the veg? It would be really handy.
That said it's 4 nad a half weeks until I can add a meal, but still, I like to be prepared :p
k_o

veg

not sure on how much veg but you get the bags of broc and cauli in asda that you can put in microwave i have half of one of them which is really filling..yummy mouth watering as we speak.....:rolleyes:

That's a good question of SJ's. How do you measure lettuce or asparagus etc in tablespoons? Does anyone have weights for the veg? It would be really handy.
That said it's 4 nad a half weeks until I can add a meal, but still, I like to be prepared :p
k_o

hun, why 4 and a half weeks?? Have you not started cd yet?? You have 4 weeks of Soul Source and then one week of aam.

xxx

My mouth is watering :drool:
I need to find my booklet for the up to date amounts, but think I may look into something other than the chicken, although I do like it I would like to have a bigger meal :eat: your meals do sound DELICIOUS!!!

The amounts for the protein from my book are:
- 110 Cottage cheese (reduced fat)
- 50g chicken/turkey
- 80g cod, haddock or other white fish
- 80g quorn
- 60g soft tofu or 120g firm tofu

My cdc has also told me that I can also opt for 80g (drained weight) of tuna in spring water, but this is not in the book. However, we are allowed mushrooms on aam and this is not in the book either - I am happy to have the tuna but feel free to check with your cdc ;)

Do you find it hard to get back to ss after aam week? This is something that worries me. It's day one on aam for me and I'm a bit peckish now...maybe coz I'm thinking of food and not much else right now but do you ever have a problem getting back onto ss?

I don't feel hungry after aam week so find it ok switching back to SS, what is hard though is getting used to not having the little meal which, as you can probably tell, I really enjoy :rolleyes:. I try to view aam not as a break from SS but rather as something I need to do to boost my metabolism for the next months weight loss back on SS. I do find that I think about food a lot more after aam week which is a challenge but I also find this quite useful as it gives me a chance to work on my addictive desires with food (see miniladies diary for more great info on this!!) which I am hoping is really going to help me when I am at goal and trying to maintain.

I hope my existing will power stays with me...

You are doing really well - I truly hope that your will power stays too - I have had the odd wobble where I have wanted to cheat but when I do I stay away from the kitchen and go and lie down to meditate for a few minutes and have a think about how I am feeling and give myself time to rationalise and remind myself that if I do cheat the food will only make me feel good for the 30 secs it takes for me to eat it and I will only feel worse afterwards than I did before - its only taken me 10 years to learn that lesson lol. If the meditation does not work I get my size 24's out (see avatar) and put them on, look in the mirror and ask myself again do I really want to cheat!!!! Maybe not everyones cup of tea but both methods have successfully kept me out of the kitchen cuboards for the last 4 months.

you have done sooooo well. xxx

Thank you very much :) not much longer now finges crossed

I really used to worry about aam too SJ - all you can do is stick to the weights for the protein and measurements for the veg and do your best to try and resist all other temptation (easier said then done sometimes I know!). As for the measurements for veg it is really down to estimation - I personally go for no more veg than I can fit in the palm of my hand while cupped which I am happy is more or less 2 tablespoons.

hun, why 4 and a half weeks?? Have you not started cd yet?? You have 4 weeks of Soul Source and then one week of aam.

xxx
I was half way through week one...er so that'd be 3 and a half weeks, wouldn't it? Oh dear, I am losing more than just pounds aren't I? :p

Back