1st charity shop delivery!

New-Me

can do it this time!
hi all

made my first delivery of clothes to the charity shop today - am so thrilled. :D Am already into some clothes I have not worn for a long time - jeans today were tight, but I could get into them. Def noticing difference in clothes more than weight on scales. Haven't given away too many clothes yet, but made a conscious decision that I am not going back to the really big clothes.

If I can keep motivated as I am just now and keep losing weight I have decided to take a bag of clothes to each of the different charity shops over the next while. Anyone else just made their first delivery or sold first lot of stuff on ebay?

have bought ebay things before but not sold - is it easy? may come in handy over next few months.

hi new-me.

don't think its that hard to sell on ebay. i think that taking pics of the items you want to sell, enhances your chances of selling your clothes..

just calculate your postal charges and everything...shouldn't be a big problem at all!! plus you'll get some ££ in return! yey!

A huge well done for letting go of the past & moving forward to the thinner future! Yes, ebay is quite easy but takes time to phtograph stuff, list etc & you need to make sure you describe item well and make sure you dont loose money on postage! You'll need the dosh though to pay for all the new clothes you'll need!

cheers - will investigate taking photos etc to sell some on ebay. Great idea about needing the money for new clothes (especially I have to say with the £66 weekly LL cost!!)

I will give it a go and if I sell anything will put it towards the new-me new clothes fund!

I took a load of stuff to the charity shop just the other day, my wardrobe is looking very sparse, but I'm not going back to the big sizes EVER!!

Can't be bothered with selling but thats just cos I've got too much going on to be running around posting packages.

Its worth having a look in the charity shops as well whilst in there sometimes find nice things in your new size!

Mags
xxx

thats a really good idea Mags - especially over the next 70 days if I am, hopefully moving down the sizes.

hate to admit it's a long time since I've bought clothes in a charity shop - but possibly thats cos I had this perception that there weren't an awful lot of clothes in bigger sizes. Will check that out next weekend too!
N-M

its always worth a look, you never know what you might find.

Sometimes even designer clothes can be found for next to nothing!

Mags
xxx

I have just sold 42 items on ebay. Well 38 sold so not bad. I made £200 and I listed everything for either 1p or 99p. I can not believe that people wanted my clothes.

I have another pile to go on there tonight. it is real easy to list maybe takes a couple of hours but for that sort of money it is worth it.

I am saving the money to put towards a whole new wardobe when I get to goal. I have plenty of clothes that once I slim out of them will be going the same way.

Most of my items were not designer stuff either just everyday wear (some from when I lived in Oz and some from Tesco/George).

I also sold my maternity clothes as a bulk lot I do plan on getting pregnant again but not as a size 20!!!!!

Jo

I need to have a clear out aswell and thought about giving my clothes to the charity shop but ebay sounds great too.

Back