1st day - did I mess it up?

addicted

Hi,
So 5.5 months post baby born and I've decided to shift the lard. I don't always stick to diets so wanted to trial sw before committing to it. I looked on their website and decided to try the look at the 7 day sample menu, but didn't realise it would potentially be switching between plans within the 7 days.

So, did I get this wrong?

Breakfast - scrambled egg

lunch - home made tomato, carrot and pepper soup, 1 slice of wholegrain bread

dinner - raw carrots (munched before dinner as it was cooking), baked potato, baked beans, 3 quorn sausages

snack - stupid go ahead slices that are 3 bloody syns each!

You can switch plans any day of the week as long as if you do a red day you only eat off the red plan if you do ee you only eat off that plan etc not forgetting to count your syns lol x

Hi Addicted

I'm no expert but I don't think you're eating anywhere near enough.

With breakfast you could have had bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes. Or done the egg as an omelette with bacon, mushrooms and potato mixed in. Along with it you could have had some fruit.

You could have as much fruit, veg, salad, lean meat, low fat yoghurts (although specific ones like Muller Light) as you wanted to snack on throughout the day if you got the munchies. I've a bowl of salad mixed with ham and boiled egg in the fridge that I dip in to when I get hungry.

For dinner you could have added a desert of fruit, yoghurt, home made rice pudding if you haven't used your HeA elsewhere.

It may be worth looking at some of the food diarys near the top of the page for ideas.

The beauty of SW is the amount of food you can eat and what you can do with it.

Looks pretty good, I would do this as a green day as you have not had any meat. So you could have another b, also one slice of bread isnt a b so I would say just take a look at the healthy extras and make sure you include them. Did you have any A choices, maybe milk for coffee? You used your syns fine :)

So are eggs not considered meat?
Any suggestion for healthy extra I could have now?

I did have some milk in tea, but I NEVER finish a cup, so would doubt I had a whole cup today. Maybe only 1/2 cup of tea in total.

I agree with what has already been said, you are not eating anywhere near enough. It's not a starvation diet we are on :)

Check your healthy extras because your bread needs to be wholemeal rather than one of the seeded breads. Not sure what type you had. You are allowed 60g so weigh the slices - if it's a standard large loaf then you may only get one slice for your 60g.

Quorn sausages are synned so make sure you count them but you are not having enough syns anyway. Aim for around the 10 syns a day mark and you will be fine.

But to answer your question - did you mess up? Not at all! The weight loss battle is not won or lost in a single day.

So are eggs not considered meat?
Any suggestion for healthy extra I could have now?

I did have some milk in tea, but I NEVER finish a cup, so would doubt I had a whole cup today. Maybe only 1/2 cup of tea in total.

Eggs are dairy and free on all plans so I would always do green and have the extra healthy extras on a day like yours.

A choices you could have - a glass of milk, measure some chesse to snack on.

B choices - alpen lights, ryvitas, toast or some cereals and you could use you a choices of cheese on toast or milk with cereal? Does that help? There is a big section with healthy extra info so you could search for things you have in the cupboards.

See, unfortunately, the 7 day plan doesn't explain the rules (day colour, syn limits or give details of hex etc). I do realise this is so they can make money, which is fair enough, but its kinda misleading. Guess I should join a group asap if I really want this to work. I would just join online (I'm a online girl), but £60 is a lot to pay up front for something that might not suit you.

See, unfortunately, the 7 day plan doesn't explain the rules (day colour, syn limits or give details of hex etc). I do realise this is so they can make money, which is fair enough, but its kinda misleading. Guess I should join a group asap if I really want this to work. I would just join online (I'm a online girl), but £60 is a lot to pay up front for something that might not suit you.

Online is not as good value as the meetings, I love my class I find it sets me up for the week. I really believe in the plan so whyy not joing group - they even do a guarantee so if you follow the plan for 4 weeks and fill in your food diary and dont lose weight you get your money back, and my consultant says that they have never had to give it back! There is a sticky post explaining the plans but nothing beats joining class in my view :)

I wouldnt worry about today at the end of the day you ahve eaten healthily so that is going to do you no harm.

Hi.
Just wondered, are you vegetarian? If so the Green plan is the best one for you and you'll only really need to get your head round that one. You don't HAVE to alternate / use all the different plans.

I agree with the others - you've got the principles, but I'd expect you to eat more really. The whole thing with SW is that you should feel satisfied and never hungry.

Know what you mean about those biscuit things as well. I was very disapointed when I bought them. 2 alpen lights are a B choice. Am gutted that I can't eat them as they're delicious (the give me TRAGIC wind lol).

lol, no... Not a veggie... Deffo not veggie. Just fancied trying the quorn sausages as they were on the sample menu. Not bad.

Must try alpen light.

I vary between EE and red. I'm a proper carnivore, so it's amazing that I can have a proper mixed grill and not feel bad about it.

I second having a look through food diaries, you'll get a lot of inspiration from them.

Have you thought about joining a group?

I keep fluctuating between the thoughts of joining a group and just getting the books off a friend or something. I don't do well motivating speeches etc. It's the cynic in me, lol.

addicted said:
I keep fluctuating between the thoughts of joining a group and just getting the books off a friend or something. I don't do well motivating speeches etc. It's the cynic in me, lol.

Me neither, i've never liked any of my consultants, but you really do get some good ideas and a new social network. Plus, the W.I keeps me on track. I ummed and ahhed about joining a group but i'm glad I have!

Back