1st day of CD!!!

Alliwanttobe how are you getting on? Are you still sticking with it?

Yesterday my planned timings of my meals went a bit messed up due to unforeseen stuff and i didn't have my third product (a lemon yoghurt bar) until just after 10pm. This morning despite having been up since 6.30am I am still not hungry but thought i had better eat so I had my first ever mousse at it was absolutely delicious with a consistency just like angel delight, I am absolutely hooked! (It was strawberry).

Is it ok to have a mousse every day?

To go back to the flavours for water and the bars discussion, she said I can have the water flavours from the start, it won't make a difference. Regarding the bars, as long as its the lemon yoghurt bar (which has much lower carbs than the others) I can have one a day from day one and after the first 2 weeks could have them 3 times a day if I wanted but if I wanted a different bar I would be limited to one a day :)

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining the thread. I started sole source yesterday. So far so good. I think this hot weather is helping as I don't feel like a cooked dinner! The only thing I'm struggling with is not having a blender, lumpy shakes don't taste good lol. I haven't had a soup yet as I think a lumpy soup would be even worse! Does anyone have any tips about reducing the lumps without a blender?

I can't wait to shift this weight! I had a shock when I stepped on the scales and discovered I was over 14 stone, I think I was in denial lol, but it's made me want to stick to this even more and ignore my rumbling tummy!

Those orange bars better not have been discontinued........they are my favourite!!

:) Hi emiliadenise, ooh well done for starting the diet! I have just finished my first week and got through it fine, i found it easier than i expected, new diet high I expect :D

i ended up buying a blender a few days in, like you i was fed up of the lumps. It has an ice crushing facility too so I can make them with loads and loads of ice, delicious.

I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon to give you shaking advice, its a lovely friendly forum :)

Northernlight, I'm really sorry to tell you the orange bars *have* been discontinued. Either that or my CDC is lying to me! ;)

Hi Emiliadenise - welcome to the Cambridge diet! I don't have a blender (yet - the chatter on here about ice-crushed shakes is very, very persuasive!), so I use the official Cambridge shaker. It can be a little lumpy but, because I don't really like the flavour of the drinks anyway, I use a straw and the liquid goes straight to the back of my throat so I don't need to taste it too much! With the soups, I use my electric whisk and they're never, ever lumpy. I've never successfully made the tomato one though, which is known for its frothiness...

Froggylegs, that's great news about your holiday! Excellent! Something to look forward to!

Northernlight, I'm really sorry to tell you the orange bars *have* been discontinued. Either that or my CDC is lying to me! ;)

Hi Emiliadenise - welcome to the Cambridge diet! I don't have a blender (yet - the chatter on here about ice-crushed shakes is very, very persuasive!), so I use the official Cambridge shaker. It can be a little lumpy but, because I don't really like the flavour of the drinks anyway, I use a straw and the liquid goes straight to the back of my throat so I don't need to taste it too much! With the soups, I use my electric whisk and they're never, ever lumpy. I've never successfully made the tomato one though, which is known for its frothiness...

Froggylegs, that's great news about your holiday! Excellent! Something to look forward to!

I use an electric whisk to make the mousse, its perfect for it

:) I feel absolutely tons better now I have booked the flights countrybumpkin, I had got myself in a real downward spiral and was sure my Lanzarote pal didnt really want me to go, plus my weight gain was really putting me off. I usually go 3 times a year because if I can get cheap flights it really doesn't cost me anything over my usual costs I have at home but starting on this diet plan and chatting to people here has definitely helped lift my mood and given me an even greater incentive to lose the weight. I have loads of nice clothes at her house that stay there so i dont have to pay for luggage on the flight so there is an even greater incentive to stick at it pounds sterling as well as pounds and stones!

HiAlliwanttobe,

how you doing,

i go on jollies in 19 days now. It feels so close and I still want to lose 6 pounds. I am on 3 shakes , some milk, and a tad of protein and 80 gm of summat green.

Am on day 5. It's all been hard but haven't felt hungry, more weird like something isn't right with my body.im within a stone of goal so its a real drag but have a stone of lard all sat on my thighs and bum. So keep going, you can get a lot off if you stick to it fully which If I can ANYONE can. I have written down the days in biro on my hand to keep me thinking, look its only these few days I can do it.

Lx

Yesterday was a bit strange for me. I had a bar for breakfast around 10am and my plan was to nip to a local shopping centre to drop off my phone for mending then back for mousse around 4-5pm and porridge around 8pm.

But I didn't get back from the shops until 6 due to spending an age in phones4u (getting a lovely brand new upgraded phone free of charge cos orange made a boob, i wasnt due one for another year :D plus i got £80 cash for my faulty one!) by which time i needed to get on with making my sons tea and in the end i didn't get my second meal until 7.30pm so i had my porridge quite soon after at 9pm and then felt so full I was in serious danger of having a binge. Being too full is lethal for me, it makes me think i cannot possibly be losing weight and so i binge.

i fought it off though which i am very chuffed about!

Well done, you! More and more often I find myself having my third shake after 10pm, as I really struggle to get the three down. If only getting real food down was just as hard!

And congratulations on your jammy phone deal. What are you going to spend your "winnings" on? ;) Something nice to reward yourself for your hard work on SS, or are you keeping it for Lanzarote?

:D I couldn't believe how jammy I was! That £80 is gone straight into my Lanzarote fund, along with £90 i got last week as compensation for being messed about by my ISP talktalk!!

I am just in the middle of sorting putting away all my winter clothes and getting out and sorting all my summer stuff, I can actually get in some of the summer stuff that would not have gone anywhere near me 13 days ago before I started this diet so I am having a marvellous time!

Well its my second official weigh in today!

My first one was after 6 days so it was a day early and I lost 3lbs.

This one is 3 days late so 10 days since my last one and on my scales I have lost .......... Wait for it......... A whole 7lbs!!!

I will see what hers say, she is coming around 11 to 11.30, I hope hers say what mine do!!!

I see you've lost a whole 8 lb this week, froggy! CONGRATULATIONS!! :talk017: That's amazing, and no one deserved it more than you. I bet that really perked you up! It looks like all the changes you've made have really paid off! Did you try cutting down on the e-cig too, to see if that made a difference?

Yes I cut right back on it. My CDC has a client who is a smoking cessation nurse and she said it may well be interfering with ketosis etc. Unfortuately i made several changes all at the same time so i dont know which one made e difference but i am not worried, i will just continue as I have been this week, I am still on a high from it to be honest!

How are you getting on? Haven't seen you around on here, have you been snowed under with work again?

Good for you. I'm sure each of the changes has contributed a bit to your massive improvement!

I'm doing okay, thank you. Work has been a little quieter, so I've spent a lot of time catching up on sleep. Then I've been feeling a little down, and I know it seems daft not to post in a support forum when I'm feeling low(!!) but it wasn't diet related so didn't really want to make anyone sit through my moaning!! I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Monday, and hoping for good things! xx

Aw CB, i am sure it would be ok to talk about anything in the off topic forum? If i am feeling low it really does help to get the depression out of me, look it n the face and see it is never as scary as it was on the inside.

Lol that may sound bonkers, sorry! I have suffered from depression on and off since i was 19, my family is riddled with it but as the years have passed I deal with it better and better and have lost my fear f it cos i know i always get better.

Sorry again, I am not suggesting you are depressed, you are probably just in a low mood, I went off on one a bit there!

Back