1st Day on Lipotrim

pebble

Well as the saying goes "today is the 1st day of the rest of my life" My rather large tummy is saying "what the hell!!!" but my head is saying "its got to be done" Im having three soups a day and I like the taste so far...Good Luck to everyone on this journey :)

Well done on getting started Pebble!

I see we are the same hieght, it can be a bit of a pain being tall as it can take ages befreo you stat noticing a drop in dress sizes, where as the shorties on here can drop a dress size with each 10lb.

I started 6 weeks ago and I'm now wearing clothes in a 22/24 whereas before I was a 26/28.
so keep it up, its worth the struggle of the first few days

dusty

Welcome, Pebble. This is a great place to hang out, post, seek support and celebrate.

I am so optimistic now - having done 66 days, I know vlcds work. Just take it a day at a time and you'll be releasing weight back to the wild along with us.

Have fun,

Ali

thankyou for the replies...WOW dusty how does it feel to be wearing 22/24 size clothes in 6wks! As it stands Im more looking forward to being a smaller dress size than how much I lose, Ive been this size my whole adult life and I truly truly want to wear smaller sized clothes! 66days ali! thats great! have food thoughts diminished...its ony day one for me and my head wont stop thinkig about food...tummy is not tho...strange hey

Pebble,

I think the head has been allowed to do it's own thing for too long. So time to retrain it to do what you want. Write loads of reasons down why you want to be at goal (and I mean 60+ reasons). then review them daily to remind yourself why you are saying no to crap and other stuff.

Isn't it great that the tummy appreciate the protein in our vlcds?

I recommend you find some ways to divert yourself - join Flylady if you also need to clean house, or pamper yourself with a bath, bodyscrub and lotion, wrap uyp and walk fast for 10 minutes and then faster home for 10 minutes, have a black coffee/tea if allowed, or chuck out anything in your cupboards that doesn't support your journey and put it in the outside bin!

It's amazing to me to have shrunk out of size 28s and 26s. The 26s are so very baggy now. I just put 2 winter coats by the front door for the charity shop. I have some others for the next few months and won't need the ones I've put out again. My tummy is melting so my long shirts and tunics hang much better (front and back!).

It isn't obvious to people who don't know I'm shedding weight. I'm told that when you start over 20stone, it often takes 4 stone plus for people to comment. Maybe they are nervous about commenting as it's an implied criticism of how fat we became.

My shrewd ex next door neighbour (96 years old, I think) noticed and told me how good I was looking when I saw her a few weeks ago.

I'm excited to see my mum early March (she's 5 hours away) as she's been away and I havent seen her since New Year's Day. She knows I'm on a regime. I didnt tell her its a vlcd and as my plan has restricted veggies and salads, it seemed to her when I spent a few days with her that I was eating.

Have a good evening, and post here for support if you need it.

Ali

Hi Pebble. Sounds like you're determined so watch the weight fall away. I found if I just take it one day at a time, the time passes in a flash and I'm not worrying about how long it's going to take. I think time passes so fast these days that the time you're going to be on this is just a small blip in your lifetime & it'll be summer soon. Only last night, I was dreaming about wearing shorts and a small tshirt this summer. No more sweating under baggy jumpers pretending i'm not hot, whereas I'm actually too shy to show off my lardy limbs. If we all stick together, there's going to be a lot of thinner backsides on the beach this year!!!! And I just dream of the day I don't have to buy my clothes from evans....

Anna! How I long to shop anywhere but Evans!!! Its the only place Ive ever shopped and its dreadful quality...Your right about summer, I always melt as I am so covered up, I want to feel confident to show off my arms...Im going to Ragdale hall Health Spa in August and it is my dream to be able to wrap a towel around myself, never been able to, such a small wish but it would mea the world to me to be able to do it...This site is amazing...Ive never known so many like minded people who understand what its like to be bigger and to be able to admit it x

If I'd lost a pound for every time I've looked in that mirror in evan's changing room and felt like crying with sadness at the sight of me, I'd have been skinny years ago!!!!

Roll on normal clothes days!

Ahh I totally understand the evans clothes thing! I'm not sure exactly what size I am at the minute, but pretty sure it's a 26... my jeans are a 24 and cut into me but are already feeling looser after 6 days :) I am so looking forward to just going into a normal shop and not feeling all out of place and like everyone is looking at me wondering 'why's she in here, she's too fat to buy these clothes!' ..also looking forward to not hiding under big clothes in the summer - I'm also one of those who pretend they aren't hot but in reality am an inferno :p

I can't wait yippeee :D I'm also hoping that I stop snoring. Teehee :D

Back