1st day on orlistat ,any success stories & meal ideas?

Sezntom666

Hi all,
I have just started orlistat today and wondering what food I can eat.
I am currently 15st 7lb and hoping to take a chunk of weight off before my holiday in September.
Can any body tell me if they have had good weight loss with these tablets as I really would like to be at least 11stone by September if possible

Last edited:
Well day 2 of diet diary.
Still feeling motivated , just been looking inline at smaller holiday clothes hoping I'll be a nice size 12 by then and able to wear clothes and actually look good :oops::oops:.
So yesterday I have special K with red berries for breakfast and for lunch a small jacket potato with half tin of tuna and a tablespoon of cottage cheese and for evening meal I had a nice big salad with a small fillet of sea bass with a spoonful of cottage cheese and coleslaw.
I was a little hungry later in the evening so I had some fruit and fibre cereal and through out the day I drank 3 pints if water.
Hope this is the right kind of food . I'm a little lost as to what I can eat at the min due to horror stories of the "tango poo" lol

Hi all,
I am currently 15st 7lb and hoping to take a chunk of weight off before my holiday in September.
Can any body tell me if they have had good weight loss with these tablets as I really would like to be at least 11stone by September if possible

Ok so I have just taken my 1st tablet on day 2 . I don't know why but I weighed myself this morning just to see if 1 day made a difference .
Well it did haha. Yesterday I weighed 15st 7lb and this morning I weigh 15st 5lb :D I know it's probs just water I have lost but I'm still extremely happy and can't wait to see what next Wednesdays weigh in will bring me :) it would be great to get a stone and half off by my anniversary which is 14th June . And then I can hopefully lose the rest for my hols in September. Feeling so positive this morning. :)

Last edited:
Well it's day 3 , I'm still going strong. And strangely enough I feel better in my self. I feel less bloated and lost another 2lb. I have bit of tummy cramps this morning but nothing to harsh. Feeling great actually . I am more determined than ever.

Day 4
I have had 2 toast for breakfast,
For dinner i had Small jacket potato with fat free cottage cheese and half rinnof tuna and salad , and fat free dressing
And for tea I had low fat chilli and brown rice :)
Feeling full as with each meal I have pint of water .
Having a few vodkas this evening though . Hope it doesn't start me off with the oily poops lol

Sounds like you're doing great. If it's working this soon, you'll smash it!

It didn't agree with me. I had the driest of foods and still ended up with orange oil in my pants...no warning at ALL:eek::eek::eek:

Hi all,

Hi. I started orlistat in September, my loss has been slow and steady but I have a thyroid thing! So far I’ve lost about three stone with the tablets. Luckily I’ve only had one accident 😳. I did expect bigger losses but have come to thinking that as long as I’m losing then that’s good. I’ve decided to do exante for a couple of weeks to boost my weight loss as I’d like to reach a 6 stone loss before my holiday in 7 weeks, I’d lost 1 stone 6 pounds before I started on the tablets so 4 stone 6 pounds off and 7 weeks to lose 1 stone 8 pounds! The strange thing I find about the tablets is when I calorie count and be super good I don’t lose much but when I’m bad I lose more ... strange or what. Good luck with your journey 🍀

Hi there, I recently started taking xenical orlistat and I really like it.. 1 tablet 3x daily every meals for 2 months together with a healthy diet that includes none oily foods, without even exercising and surprisingly lost 8.2 kg…this drug is great, effective and safe.
meridiareductil.com is where I got mine....hope this helps!
Good luck to the rest of you!

Hi all,

Good Luck. My GP tried and failed with this drug and in the end I joined Slimming World and lost 7 stone in 23 months x

Hope your journey is going well x

Back