1st day on SS

PiKKLe

hi!

I only joined the forum yesterday after meeting with a CD counsellor and stocking up on a weeks worth of products.

I started the CD this morning and so far so good. I work part-time in a pub restaurant kitchen and I've gotten so used to just nibbling food here and there - especially when I am bored. So today was my first night at work on the CD - talk about jumping in at the deep end! I thought it was going to be quite a test but I survived and didn't touch a thing. I did feel a bit hungry and having all lovely things around me to eat obviously didn't help so I tried to keep myself busy and of course drinking lots of water. The chef usually asks me to taste things and asks my opinion but I even declined that.

I know it's still very early days and that the real test will be in the next few days but hopefully I can stay strong and not be tempted to fall back into my old habits. If I can survive the entire weekend without nibbling anything then I should be able to survive anything! :p

Best of luck to everyone!

Hiya and welcome to this brilliant forum. You'll get loads of support here from everyone. Well done on getting through day 1. I really think by being surrounded with food from day 1 will help you in the long run as it's the real world. I did thisfrom the start and it helped me loads.

Good luck xxx

Well done hun.
Baby steps.:)

thanks for all your support! :family2:

It's truely inspirational to be reading the posts on here and seeing how well everyone is doing and what can be achieved.

Hey
Just wanted to say welcome and to wish you luck on your cd journey.
Well done through getting through day 1 the first few days can be a little tough but lots of water and keep yourself busy with help you along the way.....
Its probably so hard working in the kitchens and resisting all the food but its sooo worth it when you see the fab results, and the weight falling off!!
I used to always nibble the food off my little boys plates when they finished there dinner now it goes straight in the bin!
Good luck and hang in there its soooo worth it!! x

welcome and well done for resisting!
jeez you sure have some will power, but if you can survive that you can survive anything good luck hun look forward to hearing bout your 1st loss
xx

Good luck!!
It's hard the first few days but it gets better.
I still cook and buy sweets, chocolates and make cakes and triffles ect for the rest of the family still as I feel better everyday that I know it's all there if I want it....but when I don't have it I feel really pleased that I can resist!!!
Good luck x x x

thanks again for all your kind words and encouragement! They are really helping me to not fall off the wagon!

The temptation to just have one chip (especially since I was frying them!) was strong at the start but I thought to myself if I start with one then this will inevitably lead to another and another .....

Then when the chef prepared dinner which looked and smelt fantastic I said no. All the time in my head I just kept thinking to myself, "this is my choice, if I really wanted to eat I could but I don't want to and it will all be worth it in the end."

I'm back at work again tonight and tomorrow, hopefully I can stay just as strong. I know it's only my 2nd day into the CD but already I cannot wait for the first WI.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

xx :grouphugg:

well back from another shift at work and once again I managed to resist. I was tested pretty hard as a customer cancelled an order but the food (a chicken omelette) had already been made and it looked oh so tempting! Normally I would have had that for dinner but I ignored it and settled for my oriental chilli soup instead.

Roll on tomorrow and day 3 when the fun really starts!

think your going to do fine hun....accepting the food around you but not touching it is half the battle with SS....and its so worth it in the end...not that i'm there yet! lol
xx

thanks Liz - you've done amazing so far and lost so much weight. I hope I can match you someday :)

Ok so this morning if day 3 and I woke up pretty early feeling a bit shaky and a bit tired but apart from that all is well. Hopefully ketosis is going to kick in soon. Right off to have a shake for breakfast.

Hi and welcome!

Good luck with your journey and well done on resisting the nibbling, keep up the good work!!

Then when the chef prepared dinner which looked and smelt fantastic I said no. All the time in my head I just kept thinking to myself, "this is my choice, if I really wanted to eat I could but I don't want to and it will all be worth it in the end."

I'm back at work again tonight and tomorrow, hopefully I can stay just as strong. I know it's only my 2nd day into the CD but already I cannot wait for the first WI.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

xx :grouphugg:

Hey - sounds like you have got absolutely the right mind set! You will be in ketosis soon and the physical hunger goes - just mak sure you have some headache tablets to hand and loads of water!
I think you are amazng being able to work in a kitchen and resist by the way! I would be diving headfirst into the chip pan!! Lol!
Good luck - you will be great! When is your first weigh in? Come back on and let us all know how you get on!

Ellie xx

thanks ellie! :)

All the kind words and support i've been getting from everyone since I've been a member of this forum and reading other member's situations and stories is really driving me to see this through. It's so nice to have people in the same boat and just being able to share everyone's experience really is inspiring.

I guess it's just been force of habit that I would nibble at work, having all that food around me and the fact it is so accessable so whenever I felt a slight hunger pain or just when I was bored. Naturally, this habit continues at home when I am not working :(

Hopefully this weekend has been a baptism of fire so to speak because I've been surpressing my initial urges to just nibble on something or try something - instead I'll reach for my bottle of water. I was initially feeling a sense of dread the first night I was at work and I started the CD as I thought to myself this is going to be tough but my sheer stubborness to be a 100% Soul Sourcer at least on the first night saw me through.

The feeling I get at the end of the night when I know I've not touched a thing really does make me smile. I just hope I can keep this mindset and motivation going.

My first WI is on Thursday and I'll be posting on here as soon as I get back from it and let you know the news!

P xx

Well day 3 over with and another 100% for me. Resisting the urge to pick at food or just snack my way through the night has so far been good. I was in the car with my sister and she opens a pack of crisps and starts eating them. Instantly I'm drawn to the smell of them and think how nice it would be to have one but I'm not sure if I would just stop at one so fight the urge to have one. I also think of all of the support and motivation I've been receiving from everyone here and this further encourages me.

I've been handling food pretty much constantly for the last 3 nights and not nibbled a think so I'm not going to get beaten by a packet of crisps! haha!

I really hope I can keep this up and I thought to myself if I can get through this first weekend at work I can do anything. I was originally tempted to start the diet on Monday but I am real happy that I jumped in at the deep end.

hope everyone is staying strong and doing well!

xxx

Well done on getting through your 3rd day, you're doing really well, keep it up!!

I think your doing really well x Good luck with the weigh in on Thursday. :D

You are doing brilliantly!! Just think, you will by now be halfway through your first week! x

Back