1st Day today!

lelly

Hiya,:)

Just done my first day today, not feeling hungry so thats good, but the shakes and soups are making me feel sick, I had a banana which was niceish, then a tomato ewwww, made me ill it smells bad! and then a mint chocolate which is bad also. I felt like giving up after the tomato! Do you get used to the taste of these things?

L
x:)

You do get used to them hun, I think everyone gips at first, try the choc and the choc mint hot, I wouldnt have them any other way.

The smell of the tomato always made me ill!!!!

Chicken and mushroom and thai are nice, havent braved the cheese and brocolli one yet!!

Persevere with them, try them weaker and stronger, split packs, try hot and cold.

I remember my first tomato, I could have cried, I thought Id love it!!!

SO dont fret, I was exactly the same, and many on here will say that too. It gets so much better, I still have a hot choc mint every day if I can, and I hated em at first!

i didnt like the tomato, mushroom, or the vegetable soups, i tended to stick to the shakes last time i done CD, its prefrence, alot of people seem to find there tastes change as they progress on the diet, im on a restart and havent braved anything other than the shakes yet, but im gunna try them again, the cheese and broccali soup is ment to be nice!
my CDC also said the tomato soup is ment to be foul unless you make it right, i think your ment to mix it with cold water first into a paste then add hot water?

Hiya,:)

Just done my first day today, not feeling hungry so thats good, but the shakes and soups are making me feel sick, I had a banana which was niceish, then a tomato ewwww, made me ill it smells bad! and then a mint chocolate which is bad also. I felt like giving up after the tomato! Do you get used to the taste of these things?

L
x:)

Hi L,

I also found that alot of the shakes made me physically sick. Between the smell and the after taste.

I restarted yesterday and I have the choc mint only. I split the 3 packs into 6, which waters them down and I find them easy to swallow. I find no after taste with the choc mint (just a bit of mint).

I know you said you didn't like the choc mint, unfortunately, at the start it really is just hit and miss until you find one that suits you, that's what happened me.

My CDC told me (and people on here) that after a while I might find the other ones easier to take as my taste will change.

Try splitting your packs into 2 (3 if you have to, giving you 6 or 9 drinks a day). Water them down, but make sure you take the 3 packets each day.

Good luck.
Sarah:)

You do get used to them hun, I think everyone gips at first, try the choc and the choc mint hot, I wouldnt have them any other way.

The smell of the tomato always made me ill!!!!

Chicken and mushroom and thai are nice, havent braved the cheese and brocolli one yet!!

Persevere with them, try them weaker and stronger, split packs, try hot and cold.

I remember my first tomato, I could have cried, I thought Id love it!!!

SO dont fret, I was exactly the same, and many on here will say that too. It gets so much better, I still have a hot choc mint every day if I can, and I hated em at first!

Thanks, I really do hope they get better lol, I was nearly crying wth the tomato, it was the smell that got to me first! I will persevere and hopefully I will get to like them!

L
x

i didnt like the tomato, mushroom, or the vegetable soups, i tended to stick to the shakes last time i done CD, its prefrence, alot of people seem to find there tastes change as they progress on the diet, im on a restart and havent braved anything other than the shakes yet, but im gunna try them again, the cheese and broccali soup is ment to be nice!
my CDC also said the tomato soup is ment to be foul unless you make it right, i think your ment to mix it with cold water first into a paste then add hot water?

Thanks, the tomato has really put me off the soups, although I will have to try a different one tomorrow. I did make the tomato into a paste first but it was still awful lol. Good Luck trying them again.

x

Hi L,

I also found that alot of the shakes made me physically sick. Between the smell and the after taste.

I restarted yesterday and I have the choc mint only. I split the 3 packs into 6, which waters them down and I find them easy to swallow. I find no after taste with the choc mint (just a bit of mint).

I know you said you didn't like the choc mint, unfortunately, at the start it really is just hit and miss until you find one that suits you, that's what happened me.

My CDC told me (and people on here) that after a while I might find the other ones easier to take as my taste will change.

Try splitting your packs into 2 (3 if you have to, giving you 6 or 9 drinks a day). Water them down, but make sure you take the 3 packets each day.

Good luck.
Sarah:)

Thanks, they are awful arnt they, well, so far anyway! I will try just the 3 again tomorrow, and if they are really bad again I may well try splitting them like you have mentioned, hopefully they will be easier to finish in smaller doses. Thanks

x

Welcome lelly!

Hi lelly,

I found the sweet flavours like strawberry and vanilla much easier to take at the start and could not stand the soup, but now I like nearly all of them.

I found if you drink a glass of water before hand it helps to dilute the taste.

I would still water the tetras well down as well.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Love Mini xxx

Hi lelly,

I found the sweet flavours like strawberry and vanilla much easier to take at the start and could not stand the soup, but now I like nearly all of them.

I found if you drink a glass of water before hand it helps to dilute the taste.

I would still water the tetras well down as well.

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks, I tried the banana this morning and that wasnt to bad, so may stick to them and try the other sweet ones, although I will try the savoury tomorrow and if they are just as bad, I will stick to the banana for now. Thanks

x

Hi,

Just make sure that you still use a minimum of 227ml of hot or cold water when you split the pack.

Sarah.

Oh, okay I see, so they will just be weaker, not much smaller. Thanks

x

Hi lelly,

One of the reasons put forward is that when your overweight your body does not work as efficiently and are therefore deprived of vitamins and minerals and due to this lack of... one is more sensitive to the taste which goes away as your body is getting what it needs from the packs and is no longer deprived or lacking in essential nutrients.

My own health has improved since I have been on the diet.

Love Mini xxx

hello lelly well done for your diet start , soon you will found the flavour you like , this take time .

keep doing ...

congratulation to you

Hi im on day 5 today and just had another fruits of forest shake, the 1st day I tried it I was so disappointed, however today it tastes much better. So when I try a new flavour now Im always going to give it a second go before counting it out.

Thanks all, I havent been able to face trying one today, yet! I am just drinking the water for now, and will force myself to have one shortly. Thanks and I really hope they do taste better. xx

Good luck with the diet. I don't like the soups at all but I have a terribly sweet tooth so maybe this is why.

I tend to stick with the tetras and when I can have them hot. Beleive it or not my favourite drink is the banana tetra diluted with hot water, it tastes like custard is is really yummy! I also don't rate the bars at all as they don't last long enough (even when I cut them up into little peices) and really don't fill me up - I end up more hungry after I've eaten them!

Try adding a spoonful of coffee in the vanilla shakes as well, makes a lovely milky coffee. Also a spoonful of vanilla shake in a black tea convinces me that I'm drinking (lumpy)tea with milk.

How are you getting on today?

Hope everything is going well.

Sarah

Hiya, I have been doing good thanks, although I am hungry today so feel like giving up, I wont! I have been doing healthy eating for 8 months and lost 5 and a half stone, but the weight loss slowed down. So I know I can do this, its only day 3 so it has got to get better, hopefully!

Thanks for askng :)

L
x

Good luck with the diet. I don't like the soups at all but I have a terribly sweet tooth so maybe this is why.

I tend to stick with the tetras and when I can have them hot. Beleive it or not my favourite drink is the banana tetra diluted with hot water, it tastes like custard is is really yummy! I also don't rate the bars at all as they don't last long enough (even when I cut them up into little peices) and really don't fill me up - I end up more hungry after I've eaten them!

Try adding a spoonful of coffee in the vanilla shakes as well, makes a lovely milky coffee. Also a spoonful of vanilla shake in a black tea convinces me that I'm drinking (lumpy)tea with milk.

Hiya,

Havent tried the tetras or bars yet. I'm on day 3 today, I had a cappucino shake yesterday which was quite nice all the others so far are foul. Hopefully, I will get used to them. I will try the banana tetra like you have said, as I did like the banana shake on the 1st day.

L x

Back