Total Solution 1st DAY -

CarlaLilly

:eek:

I have never posted on a site before but thought it wld be great to chart my progress.
It's my first day on exante - I am staring at the banana milkshake packet (breakfast!!!!) - wish me luck !!!

I have never tried this diet before but I NEED to sort out my excess blubber - I KNOW I can do it and I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

Will post again after my first day - I think it's going to be a rollercoaster of emotions but I'm the one who ate all the pies that got me to this weight - it's time to tackle it head on!!!!

to be continued.........................................................

Starting weight: 14st13.0lbs

(need to look at how to add one of those ticker tape things to track my weight loss)

Hi, well done on starting :)
It's my 2nd day today u fancy a diet buddy?
I just had the banana one made up with less water and in saucepan to make a banana custard was nice and warming :)
Find drinking so much water hard spent most of yesterday visiting the loo
Good luck on your first day x

Hi there and good luck to both of you :) Expect to be visiting the loo about every 10 minutes in the first week. After that it goes down to about every 20 minutes lol. I find that if I'm drinking the correct amount of water then that's the downside, but I think of it as flushing the fat down the pan ;)

And do expect that rollercoaster of emotions. I had a day in my first week when I was a complete cow, in a really bad mood, but it passed quickly. I hope it all goes really easily for you both.

Hey there,

Been on diet for a few weeks. It gets better. You can find all kinds of ways to make the shakes and soups really nice. I like the warming on the hob idea sounds yummy. I make my shakes in a blender with ice and a sweetener. Some ppl put coffee in their vanilla shakes and make that hot to get an exante latte I guess. Good luck with it all and take carexx

WOW - thx guys - I popped in the kitchen to whisk up my first banana shake - slowly sipped it - surprised how nice and thick it was - popped back on to have a look and how found these amazing replies. I am soooooo pleased I decided to go on this forum as I think it's the perfect place for finding the support and motivation you need :).
thx also for the ideas - to keep it as interesting as possible - I have gone for the 4 week pack of shakes, bars and soups - so much to chose from(!!) not sure which one to have for lunch - decisions decisions............... Will let you know how I have survived tomorrow. WE CAN DO IT LADIES xx

Hi there Jade&Elsie - sounds good to me - not sure what a diet buddy is though as not sure how this forum thing works at the moment - I usually read instructions after I have started - not before!!!!! Thx for the idea on warming it up - on my 2nd pint of sparkling water - got my green tea at the ready ........ I am DETERMINED to lose this flab!!!! Good luck on your 2nd day x

Just read on another post someone said about making up a peppermint tea and adding to choc shake to make mint/choc shake yummy!
Thank carlalilly good luck on ur 1st :) x

Yep there are lots of things you can to to change the packs so you dont get too bored.

I have added peppermint tea to my choc shakes sometimes and it's nice. You can either do it with hot tea and make it like a hot chocolate (you can also just make the choc shake with hot water, I do that sometimes in the evening for a hot choc), or you can let the tea go cold and then it's just a choc mint flavour shake.

Sometimes I make the choc shake into a pudding, just put in a bowl and add a little bit of water at a time while mixing til you get a thickish paste. Then I just eat it like that with a spoon, it's quite chocolatey and nice for a change.

I dont like the vanilla shake straight, I always add a spoon of coffee to it. I do it cold so it's more like an iced latte, but again you can make it hot and use more water to thin it out a bit if you like.

I add a pinch of smoked garlic powder to the mushroom soup which is lovely. I always make my soup up with a stick blender, can't get the lumps out otherwise. I use about 400ml of boiling water though or it becomes too thick. I drink it out of a huge mug rather than with a spoon in a bowl.

Hi Ladies and Welcome I am in week 2, I add coffee to my banana shake, and to the vanilla. The water is quite tricky to start with. You can do this

Hello, I'm Kirsty

It's my first day too. I have had 2 shakes and a bar already and it's only 3pm - oh dear!
I am not new to VLCDs, having done Lighter Life in 2009. This was successful - I got down to a BMI of 24...continued to lose after going onto 'Route to Management' however I took my eye off the ball and steadily gained again.

Really questioning whether I can do this again. Thinking about food constantly. I plan to do this for just 5 weeks and then rejoin a diet club to keep me on the straight and narrow...

I would appreciate a diet buddy if any of you would be interested!

Best Wishes, Kirsty

Hi there ladies - thought I would post before off to do the football run (yippeeeee!!!)

Well then - how did do???????? IT WAS HARD - i'm with you Kirsty - I had my shake at about 10ish - my bar at 11.50 then I struggled until 6pm when I had my soup.
Don't you find that EVERYTHING on TV is about FOOD AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........................................
I got through the water (sparkling) with ease as I am really thirsty - my son even commented on the fact I was holding a glass of water on Saturday night - not wine !!! Sums a lot up really!!

I have asked for my boys support and explained why I am doing what I am doing - they took it on board however when I was trying to make them lunch they kept running into the kitchen shouting STOP (they thought I was eating the food!!!) and they have also made me sign a contract!!!!

I have woken up this morning and I am not hungry - WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS.

Lets stick together - it has really helped knowing there are others out there in the same position and feeling the same way.

We need to visulise how we are going to be (realistically) and don't let that out of your mind - every day is a step closer.

Loving the suggestions on making the 'meals' more interesting - thanks.

GOOD LUCK FOR TODAY - xx

Hi ladies and well done caralily on your first day, I am restart today. It is always good to help each other when we start at the same times. I had crushed ice to mine and whip them in the smoothie maker, just had first vanilla shake and it tasted like McDonald's shake lovely. I only stick to shakes as if I eat bars etc i find it, for me harder to stick to plan, also I think get past wk one and it is so much easier.

Morning ladies,
Well done carlalilly on your first day!!!!
Day three and I also woke up not Hungry, finding it ok just wish my bladder was stronger I'm still constantly visiting loo.
If you struggle with packs you could always split shakes in half to make two shakes.
Lastnight I met friends at the pub had water was so hard with them pestering me I even drove as my excuse not to drink but still pestered to leave car there and drink was hard but I did it, also saved a shake for when home but got back so late didn't have it don't of that's ok???
Good luck everyone today x

I never understand why others insist on pestering others to drink when they dont want to. I dont often drink when I'm out, and if I do it's just a small one, even if I'm not drinking, but others always seem to want to get me drunk. Well done for resisting and well done for getting through these early days :)

Thanks jael.
I know we can't have citric acid but does anyone know if we can have potassium sorbate. Or does that take us out ketotis?

I dont even know what that is. I googled it with the word ketosis and it didnt really come up with anything. If you have specific questions like that you may want to email Exante and ask them, I'm not sure that anyone on here is enough of an expert in these things to give you a definitive answer.

If in doubt - I'd ask the suppliers as well.

How's it been then ladies?????????????? Day 2 nearly over - REALLY HARD - supermarket shopping and making lunch for the kids really tough - but I know this isn't going to be easy. Just want to get the first week behind me (but only on day two!!!). I just can't believe how much rubbish I actually eat without thinking, it's great to start thinking about my eating patterns because unless I change something the weight will come straight back on once I have finished this diet.

I really hope you are all doing well = it is tough but it's going to be worth it. I have been drinking around 3 litres of water a day = a little surprised that I haven't had any headaches as I was a big caffeine drinker and I thought I would feel withdrawal symptoms - maybe they are to come??

Roll on next week...................................................:D

Well done on day 2, just get through these early days and you will find it easier. The first week does take some strong will power, but its so worth it. Keep going!

Thx moshermum - this forum is helping - I know it's only day 2 but I think logging in and charting your progress helps. Roll on day 3...........

Hey ladies, I am jumping back on the wagon tomorrow and giving exante a try. Good to know there are lots of you all starting and supporting each other. I have two holidays this year and want to shift at least 2 stone in time for July for both comfort in the heat (no chafing!) and to feel confident and sexy! Have done cambridge a few times so sorta know the ropes but already seen some new tips on how to get some variety into the sachets.

Can I jump in with you guys Caralilly and co?

Cazza xx

Back