1st meeting tonight

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all,

back to ww tonight and 1st meeting with PP. This scares me a bit as im used to 'old' points. Will see how i go and if i dont like the look of the new plan will maybe go back to old. Least i know i have options either way.

Was wondering though how did you feel going from old to new? Was it easy enough to transition?

Lisa xx

Hi
I must admit, it is a bit scary when you first check out the new values of things. For instance, Special fried Rice from a Chinese Takeaway used to be 10 points, now its 23 propoints. Not good when your on 29! But generally, the values arent that bad, most things seem to be double the old points values, so you soon get into the hang of things and you always have good old 0pp fruit like bananas to snack on. I found myself eating a lot of bananas the first time round until i got the hang of the plan. (This is my 2nd time). It also takes some getting used to with the weekly allowance, but again, you will find it better knowing you can dip into these should you need them, not deduct points from the next day to make up for overeating the day before, and starving yourself.

Give it a go, theres no harm in trying xx

Good luck at your meeting - im sure you will soon get the hand of the new system - at least it will fee like a fresh start - im on the old points as doing it from home - enjoy reading all the leaflets later (i used to love all that). Take care.

When they first changed from Discovery to Pro points it was very annoying and took a few days to get my head round everything, get used to the new points and how to work things out and what-not, but after that I got into the full swing of it and would NEVER go back to the old plan! I find this one so much more flexible than the old one, that I can have a treat whenever I want, I dont have to deny myself anything that im craving! :) Good luck though!

Appreciate all the opinions. Im worried about having the extra 49 a week if im honest. Im a binger so having that extra could mean trouble. On the other hand could i just use it as 7 extra a day for a full week? Might work better for me that way. Least then i know im within the limit for the day.

You can add 7 on a day if you feel it works better for you, as long as you use ALL your daily points (no saving allowed) you dont actually have to eat all of your 49 weekly allowance if you dont want to. Its up to you how you use it. I just try to stick to my daily allowance with the odd points taken here and there from weekly allowance (Last night, I was 1pp over my daily allowance for a jacket potato, so that 1pp came from my weekly).

Thats another thing, jacket potatoes seem to be high in points at first, 225g potato (weighed when cooked) is 8pp! But, again, you get used to it (eventually!)

thats me back from my 1st PP experience. Not quite traumatised, but i am honestly slightly confused. I also think me and the wheel thingy in the folder are gonna fall out and quick. Will just have to get used to new values and things now. Oh and i have 48 pp a day.

thats me back from my 1st PP experience. Not quite traumatised, but i am honestly slightly confused. I also think me and the wheel thingy in the folder are gonna fall out and quick. Will just have to get used to new values and things now. Oh and i have 48 pp a day.

That's your first goal ticked off your list then - well done on going to the class, I think thats the biggest step. Im sure you will get the hang of the pp's and you've got all the support on here so just shout out and someone will help - good luck with your 1st week - im sure your really looking forward to next weeks weigh in.

I am looking forward to next week your right. Itll mean ive got to grips with this and roughly know what im doing. A loss wouldnt go amiss either mind!

Have just been looking through the booklet with points values in and am honestly pleasantly surprised. But a none WW plain bagel is 6 pp! Youch, will just have to fill my freezer with the WW ones whilst they are on offer.

I am looking forward to next week your right. Itll mean ive got to grips with this and roughly know what im doing. A loss wouldnt go amiss either mind!

Have just been looking through the booklet with points values in and am honestly pleasantly surprised. But a none WW plain bagel is 6 pp! Youch, will just have to fill my freezer with the WW ones whilst they are on offer.

Planning what your are going to eat in advance is the key for me otherwise i just grab something and find out later that it was a massive point waster - melba toast with cottage cheese and cucumber is a life saver for me along with fat free yoghurt which I freeze - this site also helps loads - I make sure that I don't eat anything when im on the laptop which works for me coz time goes by sooo quickly when your on here - good luck and keep in touch.

Good luck darling x x

Day 1 going ok for me so far. Trying to find out the PP for things i use most and make a wee list to stick on my cupboard till its drilled into my brain! If ive used the wheel right then from what i can see half of a fray bentos steak and mushroom pie is only 10 points. Seeing as i have 48 per day this is good for me. Add some veg, smash and gravy and im smiling lol. Hope everyone else has a good day. :)

your right I also tend to eat same things so you soon get the hand og the points but putting it on the cupboard is good idea - my 1st week I went round every packet and tub and put the points per item inside on the top, pitta bread, humous, cottage cheese etc and it does sink in quickly - good luck.

Back