1st slim and save week almost done!

Hello
Ive just posted a thread asking for some help and considering whether to try Cambridge or LL but after coming across your diary and reading it from post one im seriously considering this! You've done so well and have lost so much so quickly. Im sooooo impressed!!

Ive been on the website and looking at the different food options. Can you help me tho please as it just says 4 products per day then for the week lets me chose 28 - Ive seen you've been counting calories and carbs, does that mean that only certain products can be put together in a day?

Im really nervous about signing up which is why im considering just ordering a weeks worth for now to see how I get on. Ive lots of events coming up but im going on holiday in 49 days and currently couldn't think of anything worse at the weight I am! If I could lose nearly 2 stone before I go thatd make such a difference!

Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully accepted :)

Hi Emma, with S&S you can have 4 packs a day -28 a week or 3 packs and 1 low carb/cal meal. I do the 4 packs as I like the discipline of it but others like to have a meal in the evening. It's all personal choice but I think the packs are nicer than the other companies you're looking at :)

Hi emma as Porshe04 said you've got a choice theres no difference in weightloss really you have the same amount of carbs and calories your allowed each day around 650kcal and 70g. Both plans you can only have 1 bar a day they're very high carb so you wouldnt want more then one as you'd soon eat up your carb allowance they're under 17g of carb each.

Simplicity is 4 packs a day you also have an optional milk and 200g vegetable allowance. I started on this and still have a few days on it I found it helpful to get me out of the food goggle mode. Its easier than lifestyle in that you dont have to plan your meals although if you have milk and veg use the meal planner just to be careful.
All 4 packs what ever type should be fine to have together highest carb item are the bars even if for example you have 4 of those you would still be below the carb and calorie limits. Also since you haven't said your weight I'll just mention Simplicity+ which is 5 packs instead for 4 packs if your over 17stone.

Lifestyle is 3 packs and 1 Low Carb Meal which should contain 100g protein allowance and 200g vegetable allowance you must have these they aren't optional.
The milk allowance isnt either you get:
~ 150ml skimmed
~ 100ml semi skimmed
~ 50ml whole milk
I would recommend if you choose lifestyle to use my fitness pal app as you can enter brands and supermarket foods so its alot more accurate than sns meal planner on the lifestyle days. On the app it does have the packs as well which is helpful.

I've seen quite a few people on here and the sns forum who have swapped form cambridge or lighterlife and said that sns is much cheaper and tastier. You dont have the meeting but there are forums like this and sns which are so supportive any time of the day there is always someone else on.

Product wise I havent found many I dont like everyone has different tastes :) All the shakes are lovely and thick
If you're unsure about what to pick maybe try the taster bundle of 28 items you get a good variety of packs :)

With the weightloss it will be greater amounts really the more you need to lose the bigger the losses tend to be I dont see why you couldn't lose 2 stone in 49 days if you stick to plan:D

Hope this helps hun :)

losetheduvet - thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of that! I really appreciate it. Im 17.2 at the moment but would stick with the 4 packs a day to keep costs down. there doesn't seem to be lots of choice which is a lot better than when I did Cambridge as there was really only porridge and soup then.

These threads are fantastic and you all seem so supportive to each other which is lovely. The results youre all getting too is amazing x

losetheduvet - thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of that! I really appreciate it. Im 17.2 at the moment but would stick with the 4 packs a day to keep costs down. there doesn't seem to be lots of choice which is a lot better than when I did Cambridge as there was really only porridge and soup then.

These threads are fantastic and you all seem so supportive to each other which is lovely. The results youre all getting too is amazing x

You're starting at pretty much the same as I did, 17.3 3 weeks in and I've lost 21lbs so 2 stone is definitely doable x

Last edited:
Hi Emma I agree with everything the girls have said. Try S&S it's amazing. Only wish I'd done it sooner. I'm in week 12 now and nearly 3 stone down.

PS if you do, make sure you start a diary so we can support you x

Im so undecided - I don't want to talk about myself too much on other peoples diaries as I don't think that's fair but im loving how kind you are all being to me already!!

theres a link to my thread in my signature.

Everyone that's commented on my thread asking for opinions has said SW and that although I could lose 2 stone before holiday on a LCD id probably put it all back on on a weeks all inclusive so now Im thrown completely! Ive got my order in the basket and was all ready to buy it but now im worried that ill be spending £320 for 2 months food to then put it all on in a week???

P.S Fit and Porche you've both done amazing!!!!

Just to add, I've done lighter life, Cambridge and now SnS and this is loads cheaper and with all the support here I don't feel I need a consultant or group 'therapy'
Taste wise to me the products are very similar, and I believe SnS have the largest range of flavours which is always a win!

Also as you're over 17st you could add extra protein instead of an extra pack, see how you feel? I sometimes have extra milk if I need energy, as long as you record it to see where you are

No matter what diet you do if you go back to the bad eating habits you had before then you will gain weight regardless of if you do SW or VLCD. There are many on here myself included who have done SW and it didnt work for them you have to find something that works for you. There are people doing SW who've done VLCD put the weight back on because they ate terribly again. In my personal experience I actually picked up bad eating habits when on SW before I started it I was eating salads and veg and losing weight I joined to support someone I know and just ate nonstop as when ever I didnt have a loss people would say you're probably not eating enough. The whole free foods and superfree thing with syns mucked up my views because actually our bodies burn calories not syns if I have over 2000kcal with all my free superfree food and my 15 syns I will not lose weight. Your body loses weight by calorie deficit.

For me sns has made me wake up again I use to eat so healthy but I got lazy not wanting to cook to separate meals eating potato which I dont really like. If I dont want something fatty when I'm out with friends I can say no and have something healthy without feeling like everyone is thinking I'm boring. This diet has completely reignited my passion for healthy cooking. I've realised its ok for me to be hungry its not life or death I dont need 2 sandwiches to fill the void but I also dont need as much food as my nearly 6ft boyfriend who was I trying to kid?

Its all about the persons commitment to a healthier lifestyle for the rest of there lives for me I've gone back to how I use to eat before I started to gain weight loads of veg and lean protein. My gain all started when I moved up here my weight dropped from stress to unhealthy levels for me and then I started to eat more when I was dating my boyfriend because I was afraid he'd think I was dull at first which is ridiculous he's perfectly happy if I don't want to drink or share a bar of chocolate.

When you go away on holiday both sns and SW would advise similar foods that being lean protein and veg only difference that SW would also allow pasta neither are gonna say eat as much ice cream as you like and when you go on holiday you will probably put on a bit of weight on both diets as you have no real say at a buffet (guessing as you said AI) how foods are cooked.

No one can say what is the best diet for you because we are all different its about what you do with the rest of your life not the few months you spend on whatever diet you have to commit to being active throughout the day not just 30 minutes walk in the gym but doing things that keep you active but most importantly you enjoy doing :)

No matter what diet you do if you go back to the bad eating habits you had before then you will gain weight regardless of if you do SW or VLCD. There are many on here myself included who have done SW and it didnt work for them you have to find something that works for you. There are people doing SW who've done VLCD put the weight back on because they ate terribly again. In my personal experience I actually picked up bad eating habits when on SW before I started it I was eating salads and veg and losing weight I joined to support someone I know and just ate nonstop as when ever I didnt have a loss people would say you're probably not eating enough. The whole free foods and superfree thing with syns mucked up my views because actually our bodies burn calories not syns if I have over 2000kcal with all my free superfree food and my 15 syns I will not lose weight. Your body loses weight by calorie deficit.

For me sns has made me wake up again I use to eat so healthy but I got lazy not wanting to cook to separate meals eating potato which I dont really like. If I dont want something fatty when I'm out with friends I can say no and have something healthy without feeling like everyone is thinking I'm boring. This diet has completely reignited my passion for healthy cooking. I've realised its ok for me to be hungry its not life or death I dont need 2 sandwiches to fill the void but I also dont need as much food as my nearly 6ft boyfriend who was I trying to kid?

Its all about the persons commitment to a healthier lifestyle for the rest of there lives for me I've gone back to how I use to eat before I started to gain weight loads of veg and lean protein. My gain all started when I moved up here my weight dropped from stress to unhealthy levels for me and then I started to eat more when I was dating my boyfriend because I was afraid he'd think I was dull at first which is ridiculous he's perfectly happy if I don't want to drink or share a bar of chocolate.

When you go away on holiday both sns and SW would advise similar foods that being lean protein and veg only difference that SW would also allow pasta neither are gonna say eat as much ice cream as you like and when you go on holiday you will probably put on a bit of weight on both diets as you have no real say at a buffet (guessing as you said AI) how foods are cooked.

No one can say what is the best diet for you because we are all different its about what you do with the rest of your life not the few months you spend on whatever diet you have to commit to being active throughout the day not just 30 minutes walk in the gym but doing things that keep you active but most importantly you enjoy doing :)

Perfectly worded x

I know what you mean about spending the money to gain it back. If you feel that way, why not go low carb till you go? Maybe buy a few shakes and bars on ebay and have two low carb meals, use my fitness pal to log. Then when you come back from holiday start on simplicity or lifestyle. It's not all or nothing, you can get a lot done in the next two months.

Day 49 7 weeks done

Can't believe weigh in tomorrow morning will be my 50th day of sns!
How time flies!

Today I got told my the estate agency that my soon to be landlord has changed his mind about allowing pets so we can't move in and my tenancy at my current house ends in a week seriously need a glass of wine so I've been packing all day and spent the whole evening looking for shelter :( no luck yet waiting to hear from 20 people surely one of them will answer my prayers.

I haven't drunk enough today at all I know really bad right had about 1 litre :( I will do better tomorrow I'll drink a litre before i go to bed tonight.

Today I made my cauliflower flatbread so yummy going to make some tomorrow with spiced chicken and pepper almost like a low carb high protein tortilla :p

Pack 1 vanilla shake
LCS smoked salmon salad flat bread wrap with babybel light
Pack 2 toffee shake
LCM chicken and broccoli
Pack 3 chocolate shake made with tiny bit of milk allowance so that it was like Choc spread yummy

Total kcal 676
Total carb 43
Total pro 99
Total fat 17

Very happy with those numbers :D
Sending positive vibes to my scales telling them to make me lighter haha

I've got to try this flat bread it sounds amazing! When we come off plan I've found that the lowest carb bread is Burgens Soya and Linseed and a fairly low GI value bread is Stoneground Wholemeal which they do at Tesco. Another good one is wholemeal tortillas and chapatis.

That awful about your new place. It's so difficult to find landlords that allow pets. I remember it all too well. Mine were cats though so I got away with not telling one when I moved years ago. Can't get away with that with dogs though. A friend of mine has four dogs all rescue and she thinks she is moving soon. I hate to break it to her that no landlord on their right mind would allow that.

Good luck with weigh in x

Day 50 weigh in day

So my 50th day of sns is today I can't believe how quick the days have gone!

Off to work today so I'll have some oatmeal before i start to keep me going til lunch. Hopefully here back from some of the landlords I messaged I've got to tell my manager though that I may have to use all my holiday days until my house sale goes through. Hopefully I'll just need to change my hours.

Today I weighed in at 12st6.5lbs that's a 3.5lbs lost since last weigh in and I had a little nsv 5.5 inches off finally getting it off my bingo wings

Waist 31 inches 》30.5 inches
Bust 42.5 inches 》 41.5inches
Hips 43 inches 》42 inches
Upper arms 12 inches 》11 inches
Forearm 10.5 inches 》10 inches

Total -5.5 inches

Thighs and Calves are the same

Thighs 25.5 inches
Calves 16.25 inches :D

Day 50 weigh in day

So my 50th day of sns is today I can't believe how quick the days have gone!

Off to work today so I'll have some oatmeal before i start to keep me going til lunch. Hopefully here back from some of the landlords I messaged I've got to tell my manager though that I may have to use all my holiday days until my house sale goes through. Hopefully I'll just need to change my hours.

Today I weighed in at 12st6.5lbs that's a 3.5lbs lost since last weigh in and I had a little nsv 5.5 inches off finally getting it off my bingo wings

Waist 31 inches ?30.5 inches
Bust 42.5 inches ? 41.5inches
Hips 43 inches ?42 inches
Upper arms 12 inches ?11 inches
Forearm 10.5 inches ?10 inches

Total -5.5 inches

Thighs and Calves are the same

Thighs 25.5 inches
Calves 16.25 inches :D

Well done you!

Yes cauliflower bread is amazing I've only made them like tortilla thick as current landlord still hasn't fixed my oven I only have a grill good thing is I'm grilling everything these days haha

Oh my gosh 4 dogs that's going to be really tricky to find a place she's best looking at looking at private rentals rather than through agents they'll do anything to put there fees up. We got asked to provide a guarantor which meant added fees of £100! This was despite the fact we have a household income of £2000 a month the house we were going to rent was only £600! Estate agents are crooks the lot of then

most importantly well done!!! That's amazing loss again. Its fantastic that its inches as well as actual weight as that's what makes the difference with clothes.

Also thank you so much for all of you taking the time to write such big replies to me - youre right of course LCD teach you to re-evaluate your relationship with food and habits. I take on board what was said about it not having to be all or nothing and think I really need to just make a decision and stick to it! x

Thanks porshe and emma :)

Emma your right the most important thing is finding a diet and sticking to it 100% but also being happy the majority of the time on it.

I don't feel like I'm on a diet while i sit here and eat my chilli con carne for lunch it's so nice. I love spice I'd say it's mild medium spice wise.
Have you decided what you're going to do keep posting even if you don't do sns so we can offer you support :)

Im having trouble as I was going to do a week SnS to see how it goes, before paying the £40 pw Id decided to do a week on SW to ease my mind that im doing the right thing with Sns BUT ive realised a week on SW will take me to weigh in on Tuesday so my SnS wouldn't arrive till Wed but then im away on a hen do Saturday and sunday so no point startng to kick myself out of keto after a few days so think ill order and start the bank holiday Monday or Tuesday.

I keep going round in circles which is probably why ive got so big in the first place as I spend so long switching mind sets - SW is great as theres so social restrictions etc but it really is the portion size that's out of control. when I did do Cmbridge I was ok apart from being freezing to the point of crying so I do think SnS would be good for me its just a worry with events.

Has anyone had a night out with alcohol on the plan?

Thank you all again - emember ive got a link to my current diary in my sign off xx

Back