1st Target reached!!!

louisew

So today I reached my first target of 8st 8lb BMI 25.1 lost 23.57% body weight. - hooray. I am now a size 6-8 bottoms and size 8/10/12 top. My hip measurement is 33.5, waist just under 29 and bust 38 (always been big boobied). I've had to replace nearly all of my wardrobe, which is great, but I am a bit sad about some of my favourite clothes. I started 26/06/13 and have lost 2st9lb, which for me at 4ft10 really shows. Now my target is to shift 2 inches off my waist, (unhealthy body fat) as it is still too high a measurement, so will maybe try 8st3lb and hope no more comes of my butt. I have lost a lot off my waist, and I am doing lots of toning excercises. My abs are starting to show,but still quite alot of fat round my lower abdomen. I have been doing total solution, but did a week of add a meal, then another week off for all inclusive holiday. I have not been too strict, in fact I received a box of chocolates and ate 1 a day for a month without it affecting my weight loss. When I felt hungry, some ham, prawns or cucumber did the trick. This week I have introduced some low carb treats, garlic prawns, artichoke, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella and have still lost my last 2 pounds. I even treated myself to a cheesy potato skin and a couple of chicken wings on friday cos I was so proud of myself. I am going to add some food gradually now and when I reach my next target, treat myself to a Thai feast, I've waited long enough!

Wow! That's amazing, Louise! A very big congratulations to you! You did really well :) My goal is to reach 8st9lbs early December. Hope it's doable. I'm currently at 9st13lbs and can't seem to be 100% TS most days. Not losing hope, though. I'm doing my best to give it my best shot. Thanks for sharing your great success xx

I'm sure you'll make it. You haven't got a huge way to go.The way I see it, a little bit of this or that won't hurt, as long as its not a sugar/carb binge. The weights going to come off even if you do go a bit over 600 cals.

Well done to you!

Thanks peeps

Congratulations, I bet you are feeling wonderful :)

Yes, - and thin !!:D

I have started to introduce food this week and hope to be completely off the replacement meals by end of next week. I have been doing the 30 day shred (6 days so far) to get my metabolism going and to tone up. It definitely works as I have still lost a couple of pounds this week and another inch has gone off my waist - finally. I do it first thing in the morning before work. Hard work,but I can manage it ok. After the 30 days, I think I will keep it up 2 or 3 days a week, as its an awesome workout and only 20 minutes. Also thinking about fasting 1 day a week to keep my weight stable, once I am back on normal food.

its a work out dvd by jillian michaels who is a trainer on the biggest loser, recommended on this website. High intensity 20 min cardio, strength and abs workout which gives amazing results, both weight loss and toning up. Although some people do it, whilst on total solution, I personally do not think this is a great idea. I did gentle exercise and lots of abs exercises and kept active. however now I am starting to eat again, I want to get my metabolism going again, and tone up a bit. Its hard work but for me manageable, although my arm and calf muscles have complained a bit.

Louise you've done amazingly, and you're so right to have a plan in place for maintenance. Can I plug low-carb as a good way to do it? Helped me maintain for over two years and I only regained after the demon carbs crept back into my life! There's loads of help and advice on the Atkins forum here. Good luck whatever you do though, you're an inspiration.

Yes I agree with the low carb, and I will definitely be restricting my carb intake and I now know what foods are low carb, although I wont deprive my myself completely. But chips, potatoes and pizza will definitely only be occassional treats. Theres plently of low carb I love like eggs, cheese, fish, seafood and I've discovered squash - absolutely delicious.

Just thought I'd update after a week back on food. I am on day 12 of 30 day shred, and boy, does it work, toning up nicely. Also doing 5:2 fast to maintain (mondays and thursdays), and eating sensibly the other days. Making sure I have a few treats, but keeping off the biccies, and having half size carb servings (ie potatoes). I put on 2.5lbs once I started eating normal food, but that has come off already and back to 8st3.5lbs. I'll see if I lose again this week, its the shred that's doing it, but might need to drop one of my fast days at the moment. However once I finish the 30 days, I will still be doing this workout 3 times a week as its awesome. Really enjoyed a Pad Thai last night, followed by chocolate and a few glasses of wine last night, first time for months. End of term treat (I work in a school) yummy.

Back