1st week... -1lbs only

How is this even possible? I don't understand! Its not like I'm going to give up or anything, but is there something wrong with me...? Any reason for concern? Anyone else had simular 1st week loss?

Thanks!

............don't be too upset sometimes it just takes a little longer for your body to adjust. I'm sure you will have a really good weight loss next week.:hug99:

cat (in hat) said:
How is this even possible? I don't understand! Its not like I'm going to give up or anything, but is there something wrong with me...? Any reason for concern? Anyone else had simular 1st week loss?

Thanks!

Yes it was my first week this week as well, I lost 3lb. I was seriously annoyed earlier. I was 100% all week. I had just come off Atkins though with a 3 day break between the 2 diets! So it could be because of that for me?
Is it your time of the month at all ? This can affect it,
Someone else may be able to help more x
But good luck and stick with it. It will shift eventually!! :)

Other obvious things that could affect it are whether or not you're using the same scales, at the same time of day and wearing the same kind of clothes.
Also, if you were on a similar diet or eating low carb prior to starting, you would be unlikely to experience a huge initial loss.

Other things to check are that you really are following the plan, and not accidentally consuming anything, particularly drinks that could be affecting the loss.
If you're sticking to it 100%, you will lose weight on this. Hopefully you'll start to see some bigger results in the next few days.

Thanks guys! I hope it will get going soon...

I am doing it right as far as I can tell - no drinks except coffee, peppermint tea, 1 cup buillon / day and a coke zero now and again. Have been using a small amount of sweeteners for coffee / choc. shake. I had a meal on Saturday (planned - not a slip) but little carbs / pretty healthy (beef, spinach, tomato/pepper stew) so def nothing that should have had a massive effect on slowing down weight-loss.

Yup I've had the same prob. 4lbs in first week but looks like this week is going to be 1 or 2lbs. I'm totally 100% too. I went straight onto TS from Slimfast so putting it down to this. Most annoying though. Going to finish my box (2 weeks left) and if it doesnt improve I'm going back on Slimfast (much nicer shakes and you can eat PROPER FOOD!!!)

Thanks guys! I hope it will get going soon...

I am doing it right as far as I can tell - no drinks except coffee, peppermint tea, 1 cup buillon / day and a coke zero now and again. Have been using a small amount of sweeteners for coffee / choc. shake. I had a meal on Saturday (planned - not a slip) but little carbs / pretty healthy (beef, spinach, tomato/pepper stew) so def nothing that should have had a massive effect on slowing down weight-loss.

Hi Cat,
It all sounds pretty on track. You may find that being really strict for a few days helps it get on track. Make sure there's no milk in the coffee, and perhaps cut out the bouillon and coke zero, just for a couple of days and up the straight water. With the meal, it sounds like that was pretty good and shouldn't have made too much difference. My only slight concern with it would be the tomato, depending how much you had, can have a deceptive amount of carbs in it.

Not sure what else to say, other than I really hope the next few days you start to see the results you're hoping for :)

YAY, thats fab :D

well done for sticking to it, your hard work really has paid off!xx

Back