1st week back on plan only 1lb lost

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Hi to everyone, I have been back on plan for a week and have stuck to plan and only lost 1lb !!!! Does anyone have any idea why? I usually lose at least 5lbs in my first week. I have eaten tons and I mean tons of veg and plenty of fruit. Kept within my syns for the whole week. Had my a and b everyday. I feel slimmer which is very weird as 1lb wouldnt make me feel like that. Had porridge for breakfast 4 days this week with scan bran in and have had plenty of water. Has this happened to others?

Losses can be such a funny thing!!

There have been weeks that I have felt great, done pile of exercise, been 100% and weighed in with a 0.5lb loss. Other weeks I have felt a little bloated and weighed in with a 5lb loss.

It's the overall total that matters, keep going and remind yourself that you are doing great and heading in the right direction. You may well find it falls off this week - thats what normally happens to me!

Thanks for replying Vicki , I know I have been good and it should show up sometime just a bit disheartening. I havent even had a 'drink' this week !!!!!

I know it's easier said than done however try not to worry, one thing i have realised is that our bodies really do work in mysterious ways sometimes. I have stuck to the plan religously since I started, no blow outs or going over my syns and I have had weeks when i have had a small gain, to this day I still dont know the reason why. The following weeks however I was rewarded and the weight came back off and more besides.

All i can say is trust the plan, it really does work

Yes I agree with all thats been said. You will probably have a better result next week if you stick with it. Even though you were disappointed with a lb, it was still a loss. Also star weeks have an effect with loss too. Onwards and downwards:)

eye6769 said:
Hi to everyone, I have been back on plan for a week and have stuck to plan and only lost 1lb !!!! Does anyone have any idea why? I usually lose at least 5lbs in my first week. I have eaten tons and I mean tons of veg and plenty of fruit. Kept within my syns for the whole week. Had my a and b everyday. I feel slimmer which is very weird as 1lb wouldnt make me feel like that. Had porridge for breakfast 4 days this week with scan bran in and have had plenty of water. Has this happened to others?

Hey

I sometimes think our bodies get used to SW, because for me there were lots of changes I never stopped doing even when off plan - using frylight, eating wholemeal bread, having extra light mayo/margarine etc! When I done SW the 2nd time round I lost about 3lbs my first week, compared to 7lbs the very first time I followed the plan. It could be that your body is just used to SW?? Especially if you haven't been off plan for a while.

Don't be disheartened though, you might catch up next week and have a bigger loss. 1lb off in a week is fantastic anyway so keep it up & well done :D

I know it's easier said than done however try not to worry, one thing i have realised is that our bodies really do work in mysterious ways sometimes. I have stuck to the plan religously since I started, no blow outs or going over my syns and I have had weeks when i have had a small gain, to this day I still dont know the reason why. The following weeks however I was rewarded and the weight came back off and more besides.

All i can say is trust the plan, it really does work

eeekkkk a gain when being good, I dont know how you got over that, I woulg have been devastated. Well had a lovely breakfast and off to do a bit of exercise so here's to a good week for all.
Thanks for all the encouragement guy's and hope you all have a lovely week too.

I truly was, it was soooooo hard to pick myself up and carry on but I did and for once in my life i didn't give in when the going got tough and as a result I can very happily say I am at target

Stick at it, all those 1lbs's add up! x

eeekkkk a gain when being good, I dont know how you got over that, I woulg have been devastated. Well had a lovely breakfast and off to do a bit of exercise so here's to a good week for all.
Thanks for all the encouragement guy's and hope you all have a lovely week too.

Late last year I put 5lb on one week for no apparent reason whatsoever! It all went away and more the week after. Its the long term that matters, weight varies hourly never ,ind daily and weekly. Worry about it if nothing's moving in a month or so, and not before! Good luck x :)

I always see what my weightloss is over the month rather than week to week. It usually evens itself out.

Stick with it :D

At least you lost. 1lb off is so much better than 1lb on...

I lost 0.5 in my first week, but I think thats because I was already trying to be good, attending sw was just making it official lol.

You may see a good loss next time when your body catches up.

1lb off per week is almost 4 stone in a year so every little helps! ;)

I had many many weeks when I only lost 0.5lbs even though I had been 100% on plan, BUT I stuck with it and eventually got to target yes it was hard on those weeks when I didnt see a reward, but slowly the reward came!!! And boy did I feel sooooooooooooo good when I got my blue target shiney!!! You will do it you will do it!;);):D:D:D

I had 6 weeks when I STS even though I had stuck to plan 100% I felt slimmer but the scales didn't reflect it. Over Christmas I lost 6lbs and another 1lb this week. Weight losses are weird things!!!!

I feel really stupid now reading all the posts where you have not lost , lost a little or stayed the same. I applaud you all for carrying on and not being defeated . I think it would be a good idea to take my total weight loss over a month, and hope that it evens out. I will not let it get me down, I will continue with my weight loss goal, I will see results , I will look gorgeous for my next holiday.

This morning I have been out for a bike ride for over an hour, so I am hoping this will boost my weight loss and trim up the flabby bits. I know its not a lot but I am knackered, time for lunch.

I've always a had a funny little pattern with SW. Looking over my old books this week I noticed that I usually lose a decent amount in week 1(5lbs or so) then STS or put on 0.5/1lb in week 2, then lose something similar to week 1 in week 3, then start to lose between 1-2lb a week from then on. I usually sts or have a minor gain on my "star week", but then I see it come off again with extra the week later.

It's a bit messy and I get fed up and frustrated with it, that's when I give up. But if I actually stuck to it for a prolonged period of time I would no doubt do very well :)

I've always a had a funny little pattern with SW. Looking over my old books this week I noticed that I usually lose a decent amount in week 1(5lbs or so) then STS or put on 0.5/1lb in week 2, then lose something similar to week 1 in week 3, then start to lose between 1-2lb a week from then on. I usually sts or have a minor gain on my "star week", but then I see it come off again with extra the week later.

It's a bit messy and I get fed up and frustrated with it, that's when I give up. But if I actually stuck to it for a prolonged period of time I would no doubt do very well :)

Its great that you can look back at your old books and see a pattern, well done on the 5lb, maybe this time you will break the pattern? we will see next week. I don not want to lose interest so soon and am going to try even harder this week to see a big improvement on my weight loss, but if I dont see it on the scales I am not going to give in, I am going to keep at it.

Back