1st week experience

Neaady

Just thought i'd share my first week experience cause i know allot of you out there may be just starting and are probably finding it tough the first week.

Day one was so tough!! I felt light headed, weak and was slightly shaky... i thought no way can i do this but i stuck with it! Im lucky in the sence that my boyfriend is doing it with me and together, we've cleared the house of all food and anything tempting so we were in it together! Day 2 was ok, i was getting into the swing of it but still i was weak - tried to do loads of housework to keep my mind occupied and distracted but an hour was all i could manage at that. Day 3 was a tester tho - i went back to work that day and having to sit on my tea breaks and lunch watching all my work collegues enjoying their lovely food was agony! driving home that evening all i wanted to do was give up and start eating again. thankfully i didn't give in! I landed home and we went for a drive around and a short walk which took our minds off food....
funny thing is, on them 2nd and 3rd nights, i had 2 separate dreams of me giving up and eating - i could even taste the food, but on both these nights i work up in a panic thinking 'i've just ruined my chances of loosing the weight and now im back to square one'.. but waking up was such a relief knowing thank god that was just a dream!
i know im not going to give up now until i reach my goal! i'd never forgive myself if i did!

i had my first weigh in on saturday and was absolutley delighted and shocked that i lost 10lbs!!!! :D

My boyfriend lost 11lbs so together we were just so over the moon!

them first few days are so hard to get through but trust me, you will get there - keeping the mind distracted is the key for us! our energy levels have started coming back up again and we're managing to actually be able to go out for a walk in the evenings which helps us kill an hour or so.

2 of my friends have done this at the beginning of the year - he lost 7 stone and she lost 4 stone and they both look brilliant!!! that is all the motivation we needed to follow them. it does work

good luck everyone! :)

Well done to you both ,reading your weekly diary has really inspired me to keep up the fight and your 1st weigh in is fantastic.Can't wait now for mine tomorrow night.:)

Hi Neaady :)

That was lovely to read. Well done to you and to your boyfriend! It must be nice to have someone to do the diet with. My husband can eat what he likes and stay the same weight. :/ ...but he is very supportive. :)

I've had that same scenario with dreaming about food - feeling really relieved when you realise it didn't really happen.

Good luck for the rest of your week two and your next weigh-in (to both of you)!

A brilliant weight loss - well done! My weigh in day is tomorrow. I am hoping i have a big weight loss or i am going to be really fed up, this week has been mega hard! My OH is trying to not eat things i like and is eating things i dont but even so it is really hard. I think when i return to work it will be easier too but now im at home all day just thinking about what i could be eating! I plan to stick it out till xmas but that just seems like such a mountain im not sure how i will ever do it!

Neaady, what a brilliant post, thank you for sharing. This is exactly the type of posting that makes the form worth logging in for as it provides so much motivation and support, very well done to you, looking forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks everyone, well i know last week when i was just starting and struggling, i came across this forum and found it helpful and inspiring reading all the other success storys and first week experiences and it really gave me the motivation to keep my chin up and keep going so i thought i'd do the same.

i have to say this week im feeling great! (touch wood) i feel normal again, have loads of energy and am not thinking about food as much - everyone is right, it does get easier.... i've a long road ahead of me (hoping to loose 4 stone) but this week now im feeling so much more confident that i'll get there.

Well done!
Thank u for posting this, this has helped me stick at it, my first week (day 6) and finding it tough, but good to know the
energy levels come back and I agree, distraction is the key!

Thanks!
Good luck for the next week!
Bennet
x

Well Done!!

I am currently on day 2 and the tiredness is the hardest part as both day 1 and 2 I had to take and hours nap after work luckily they were only short shifts. However tomorrow I have a full shift and Friday and Saturday I have a 7am-6.30pm shift!!!! When does the tiredness ease off? dealing without food is not as hard as I thought but then I have been told the first week 3/4 day is the hardest.

Does anyone have any advice to help me stay on this?? My poor partner is avoiding eating in front of me until I get settled however this doesn't help when I work with hot/cold food at a bakery all day :( temptation isn't so hard when busy.

Back