1st weigh in and not very happy

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by slimmerkay, 13 May 2009 Social URL.

1. slimmerkay

slimmerkay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Low Cal/Awaiting WLS
    3 pounds lost (well 3.5 really but I couldn't enter 247.5 pounds into my details last week).

But that's cr*p :(

I was really sick for 48 hours in that week and didn't eat for two day!! My god what will next week be like?

Really down now :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Alicia

Alicia Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    Counting Calories - 1500 a day, OK I know this is going to take years but that's fine.
    Three pounds in a week! That's weight loss I can only dream of. Since I started three weeks ago I haven't lost any weight at all. If you keep going at that rate you'll be losing nearly a stone a month. Wow! & Well done.

4. lemony

lemony Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.41%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi slimmerkay,
    Well done for your first weight loss. I hate to say it, but in a week or so you'll probably be losing less than that. The normal and safe rate to lose on calorie counting is 1/2lb a week. This keeps your body healthy, because with too much calorie restriction, or calorie deficit, our bodies go into starvation mode and store up everything. Is also keeps our bodies working at their optimum if we lose slowly but steadily.

The first couple of weeks usually sees a lot of water weight loss which is what you'll probably experience too.

I know 1/2 lb is not a lot, and i guess if you work very hard and have a big goal to reach then you could lose more but it will not be good in the long run, because as soon as you finish the diet the weight will come back if you've lost it too suddently.
    Remeber there are 3500 calories in a lb, that's a lot of calories!

Good luck on your weight loss, it will all be so worth it when you start to notice a difference!

5. slimmerkay

slimmerkay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Low Cal/Awaiting WLS
    My god Lemony, really? As little as 1/2 pound?

I'm going to be around a while then :(

6. novaX

novaX Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    3lb is still a good weight loses, you should be proud of that....when I first started I thought I could lose like 6 lb a week like they do on the biggest loser but I now realise its not going to happen and they exercise like three times a day I think. 3200 calories too a pound is a loooooot of calories.:sigh:..lots of work to do.

7. NIC68

NIC68 wants to get super fit!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.18%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Hey, don't get down - it really is a lot you know! Every tiny bit you take away is gone making your goal ever nearer. Remember as well that if you were ill you were probably using up zilch calories (except for the ones we need to live!!) because you wouldn't have moving about, never mind exercise!

8. slimmerkay

slimmerkay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Low Cal/Awaiting WLS
    Yeah, you're right. I was in bed for nearly the whole 48 hours so there was zero exertion lol.

9. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    just wanted to say well done on your first week! u HAVE done really well.
    keep at it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.