1st weigh in, any tips for the long haul?

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Hi Folks,
Had my 1st weigh in today and I lost 8lbs :D and it is my TOTM so I feel great....
I am on SS on the CD and being a week without food has had it's ups and downs, having been a yoyo dieter for many years I need to get into the mind set that I am in this for the long haul :argh: and although weight loss on CD is quick there is no immediate fix!
Really glad have this site to come onto, I quite often put the inspirational slide show on when I am cooking for the family and just pop and look at it to keep me going. Any other tips from you guys who have lost as much as I need to???

August 31st '08 - Start weight 21st 8lbs
September 6th '08 - WI 21st 0lbs :p

'If we always do what we've always done, we'll always be what we've always been'

I can't tell you for the long haul - I'm only half way through week three - but I've survived so far! It's a bumpy ride - but together we will get there!

I've found little goals help me - other than eleven stone being miles and miles away, Stone by stone, or bmi, or special occasions.

Good luck! and congratulations so far!

Set small mini goals as they make you feel so good when you achieve them.

Keep coming & posting on here when you need a boost or need to eat!

Keep drinking the water.

Good luck, you can do it. xx

I use to have a day for cooking in bulk. I have to pans on the go one with Chilli, Spag bol that I could freeze to make it a bit easier on myself.
My mum was a great help, its only her but she loves cooking so she use to cook enough for my daughter. If the family are not to young get them to give a you a day or 2 off from the cooking.

I looked to each 7lb as target, I felt looking to far ahead could be off putting.

My tips would def be to drink plenty of water and keep busy (now i just need to put them into action lol). Well done on your first loss thats brilliant. x

Wow thanks every one for the advice, this site is just magic :happy096:

I love the 'cooking day idea' and also need reminding to drink the water, I do try but goodness that is hard..:eek:

Have also made a goal to walk 10,000 steps a day, got a pedometer so will see how that goes :bliss: this is me walking lol.

:thankyou: again guys, the support here is fantastic.

sarah x

'If we always do what we've always done, we'll always be what we've always been'

.....Have also made a goal to walk 10,000 steps a day, got a pedometer so will see how that goes :bliss: this is me walking lol.

Think you might get one or two odd looks walking like that lol

My tips are:

- Drink plenty of water
- Create an excel spreadsheet and put loads of mini goals on it (I have about 12 on mine and have passed a lot of them already)
- Keep busy (beauty type pampering is especially good for the soul)
- Drink plenty of water
- Keep tapping on minimins especially when you need support
- Drink plenty of water
- Tell yourself you will succeed (PMA)
- Have regular 'try-ons' with old clothes (you'll be amazed how something tight one week, is loose a few weeks later - and no spending involved!)
- Did I mention the water?

Good luck - hope this helps x

Thanks Minz,
I do need to keep an eye on the water thing and love the idea of beauty type pampering, never been very good at taking care of myself, always too worried about everyone else!
Brilliant ideas :thankyou:

sarah x

Thanks Minz,
I do need to keep an eye on the water thing and love the idea of beauty type pampering, never been very good at taking care of myself, always too worried about everyone else!
Brilliant ideas :thankyou:

sarah x

You're welcome - they all work for me...I'd put water as the key one. Not drinking enough really does slow the losses.

Back