1st weigh in since being back

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
So iv lost 6 lbs this week. Im feeling a bit flat about it actually, dont know why. Iv been doing loads of exercise this week so i thought id lose more. Think im being a bit stupid really, suppose i could have put on!!!

6lbs is great! Don't be disappointed over almost half a stone gone in a week! It's brilliant and keep up the good work, you're doing great!

Hi Pizzle84,
6lb is a fantastic weight loss. Well done for restarting. I look at your weight loss so far and it is amazing. You should be well pleased with yourself. Good luck for next week.
Doirin

6lbs is an amazing loss - well done you should be proud!! i can kind of relate because i only lost 5lbs in my first week and some people lose 12, 13lbs in their first week!! but the weight losses vary from week to week and as long as we get to our goals in the end thats all that matters! :)

I was told not to exercise for the first few weeks on LT (just what I'd normally do) as it can mean you end up burning a LOT more than you should and inadvertantly put your body into 'starvation mode'- where your body will hang onto every ounce of fat because it thinks theres a famine hitting it? Maybe ease off the exercise for a week or two until your body gets used to being on LT?

well done sweetie and dont be down in the dumps hun 6lbs is brilliant and dont forget muscle is heavier then fat! keep up the hard work hun you are doing so well.
xxxx

Well done, 6lbs is a great loss and look how much you have lost in the past, you should be proud of yourself.
Excersise will also turn fat to muscle which weighs more, your shape will be changing even if you don't lose weight.
Keep it up and good luck for next week.

NO NO NO....you're all falling into the 'muscle weighs more than fat' trap- think about it.
1lb of muscle is the same as 1lb of fat.
Muscle is more defined than fat though (obviously) so it might 'look' like you weigh more. Take your measurements and see how your shape changes as you lose. Your exercise will be toning you up as you lose so you won't be left with loads of loose skin & flabby bits! So concentrate on toning exercises (weights, pilates, yoga etc.) instead of high-intensity cardio stuff.

i agree now with the tonig, as you can see my last two losses were low cause i did 6 miles walking every night, ive stopped this week and just toning but my weigh is tomorrow and its totm now!! i cant wait till next thursday hopefully a better loss!! :(

Irishmum- Iv actually been on this diet for a long time so im not exercising in the 1st week. I do my diet through my doctors and he says exercise is obviously a good thing when trying to lose weight. So some gentle exercise doesn't mean im going to put on loads of weight as muscle, its not like im spending hours weight lifting.

I didn't mean anything. You said it's your first weigh-in since being back on LT- so it is your '1st week'? All I was recommending was gentle exercise instead of things like aerobics etc. I didn't know what kind of exercise you were doing as you didn't say? Just trying to help?

Back