1st weigh in

kaytee

Hi everyone, I've just took my first xenical tablet this morning.
I gave up smoking on 18th June last year and through over eating (bingeing) I have put on nearly 3 stones!
My lovely doctor prescribed them to me last week along with 12 weeks at Slimming World.
For the first time in a few years I'm feeling very very motivated!

Hi Kaytee,

Congrats on giving up the horrible fags!!
and good luck with your new healthy lifestyle :D

How are you finding it so far?

Jax

Kaytee :welcome2:

Many congrats on giving up the fags (I gave up 4 years ago and have also gained weight because of it, amongst other reasons).
I too go to slimming world- do you really mean the doctor prescribed slimming world?
I wish you all the best with your weightloss, you are amongst good company here on the xenical forum!
:D

Hi everyone and thank you for giving me and others inspiration with your great weigh losses!
My doctor said if I was interested in joining Weightwatchers or Slimming World she would refer me for a course of 12 weeks.
(You can't join if you have already been a member in the previous 3 months tho, that's why I'm going to slimming world and not weightwatchers!).
All I had to do was give Slimming World a phone call and quote the surgery referral number, tell them which group I wanted to join and the vouchers would be sent to the class leader. If after 12 weeks I have lost at least 5% of my body weight and have attended the classes I can have another 12 weeks.
I'm starting next Thursday because the class leader hasn't received the vouchers yet due to a mix up at head office! Typical.
Anyway, along with the Xenical and the fact that the doctor and Slimming World will be keeping an eye on me I am not going to fail!
I'm finding my first week on the tablets great (no nasty side effects) I'm resisting the urge to weigh myself until Monday, hopefully I'll get a nice surprise on the scales.
x

Wow, Ive never heard of that before, great in the credit crunch eh?! And you can spend what you've saved on Hifi bars! Lol!
All the best with it x

Yeah, Im on WW by Gp referral.

It used to be just ww on trial then they increased it for all areas and to include slimming world...I would have preferred Rosemary Conley as that diet is tailor made for xenical but I just track the points on my WW sheet and the fat and calories on my fitness pal.

Only trouble for me is been waiting 3 weeks now for the 2nd lot of vouchers to come, so my leader has said to pay for now and then use them when they arrive.

Its nice that the government and Gp's are trying to help support us to lose weight as not long back the news said "obese" people should be refused treatment on NHS.

Back