2 DAYS TO WAIT!!

Stardreamer

Supportive
:) Well here I am with only two days to wait untill I start my lighterlife program. My counsellor(and lots of friends on here) have advised me to drink lots of water and eat protein. Apparently that helps the carb withdrawal and aids detox? I hope that this helps me get into ketosis quicker!!

I went out lasty night with all my family(including my gorgeous thin sisters) for a celebration meal at a greek restaurant. I enjoyed every mouthful and drank too much wine.

I had an interesting chat with my dad about my weight. He said that I will always be big!!:eek: and not to fight it! :eek: Little does he know that by christmas I could be two stones lighter!! Bless him though he said that I had a beautiful face!!xx
I know that I will need lots of support whilst on this diet and this is the place I will get it. I hope that you dont get sick of me!!:D
xx

My counsellor(and lots of friends on here) have advised me to drink lots of water and eat protein. Apparently that helps the carb withdrawal and aids detox? I hope that this helps me get into ketosis quicker!!

Yes, it really does. Very best of luck :)

Glad you enjoyed it last night. I have to say I wasn't sensible at all and went and had "one last one" of all my favourities - from KFC and Pizza Hut to all my favourite chocolates - meant I had the detox from hell but then I haven't done anything easy.

Never mind what your dad says, he will be proud as punch of you when you have achieved a loss.

I look forward to following your progress.

hiya

not long to wait,

I too would advise cutting down the carbs, I didnt and have suffered for the last 3 days, however I am on day 4, feeling fab and not hungry.

It really is the best thing I've done, I finally feel like I am in control, I dont have to worry about what I'm eating.

Shona

Hi Stardreamer,

If you have two days to go before starting on your diet then by cutting down on the high starchy foods and increasing your water intake will help.

Have to say my first time around I had a last supper that last over a weekend:eek: Did have the headache and the carb withdrawal due to this over indulgence.

I lost the plot there for a while and found it very hard to stay on the waggon for the first time is the 'magic time'...I let the old chatterbox get the better of me.

Anyways, I kept failing to stay on the waggon and when I cut down on my carbs and drank my water and worked the CD steps I got back on the wagon and because I had cut down on my carbs...I got into ketosis within 24 hours and no headache what so ever. So having done both I know it does make a difference.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and I want to be down two stone as well for Christmas.

I hope you will put your name down for the Christmas Challenge. It is just another little bit of help and fun to keep up the motivation...
http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss...s-big-losers-weight-loss-christmas-challenge-

Love Mini xxx

This will be an unpopular reply I suspect.. but I cut down on precisely nothing! In fact I went out with a real bang! I enjoyed all my favourite foods in the days leading up to starting and went out for a slap up curry the night before. Carbs are my real problem - I don't have a sweet tooth at all.. it's all about bread/crisps and savoury things for me.

Despite this I had no withdrawal to speak of and was in ketosis by day 3!

That's not to say I enjoyed for the first few days.. but frankly, it's not going to be fun either way! :D

That being said, it clearly seems to have helped others!

:) Well here I am with only two days to wait untill I start my lighterlife program. My counsellor(and lots of friends on here) have advised me to drink lots of water and eat protein. Apparently that helps the carb withdrawal and aids detox? I hope that this helps me get into ketosis quicker!!

I went out lasty night with all my family(including my gorgeous thin sisters) for a celebration meal at a greek restaurant. I enjoyed every mouthful and drank too much wine.

I had an interesting chat with my dad about my weight. He said that I will always be big!!:eek: and not to fight it! :eek: Little does he know that by christmas I could be two stones lighter!! Bless him though he said that I had a beautiful face!!xx
I know that I will need lots of support whilst on this diet and this is the place I will get it. I hope that you dont get sick of me!!:D
xx

My doctor said id always be a well covered girl :eek: 1 im not a girl and another I have been slim a number of times he met me twice and Ive since moved so that comment isnt nice !You show them hunny you can do this
xxc
GOOD LUCK NOT LONG TO GO NOW:D ;) :p :)

Thank you to everyone who as replied to this story. Here I am with hours until I start the lighterlife program!!

I explained the diet to my eldest daughter . Her response was "your not fat mum!" and "will you be able to eat my birthday cake in January!" Its hard with your children as you don't want to give them a complex about thier weight. I just explained that I want to be fit and healthy and she seemed to except this. She is going to help me choose the foodpacks everyday which she is really looking forward to.

I feel slightly nervous and thinking : God what have I done !! I just want to be in control of my eating habbits and feel good every morning knowing that I am trying to sought my weight problem out. I am really looking forward to the discipline if the diet.
I will keep you all informed and I really value all your support and advice.xx

Thank you to everyone who as replied to this story. Here I am with hours until I start the lighterlife program!!

I explained the diet to my eldest daughter . Her response was "your not fat mum!" and "will you be able to eat my birthday cake in January!" Its hard with your children as you don't want to give them a complex about thier weight. I just explained that I want to be fit and healthy and she seemed to except this. She is going to help me choose the foodpacks everyday which she is really looking forward to.

I feel slightly nervous and thinking : God what have I done !! I just want to be in control of my eating habbits and feel good every morning knowing that I am trying to sought my weight problem out. I am really looking forward to the discipline if the diet.
I will keep you all informed and I really value all your support and advice.xx

hI star~~~~THATS WHAT YOU'LL SOON BE THE STAR OF LL ;)
I have 3 children 11yrs 6yrs and 22 mnths and they are all girls my 2 eldest said I wasnt fat as well ahh bless um hey :) I too worry about what im doing to them food wise so I also tried to explain why.I was nervous and just was so keen to get started the same as you,I just hope I can get to the 100 days.
Just post loads on here ,drink loads of water and remember the 1st time round is the easiest,once you eat you'll want to cheat????
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) for you and Good Luck Hun I will be thinking of you PM me if you need someone
xxc :)

Thank you for your last message. I feel like I want to cry. It is going to be a real release for me being on the diet. In some way I feel like I am about to be going to be set free. Doesn't that sound strange. But this is how I feel.

This afternoon I was looking through a friends Next catolougue(it was my friends as I have never felt the urge to own one as the clothes always look bad on me)and saw lovely jeans and a shirt. I so desparately want to be able to order a size 12/14 and be confident that when it arrives it will fit!! Here I am day dreaming but who knows this could be reality very soon!!! Thanks for your great words and advice.xx

Hello
It doesnt sound strange alot of people feel that they are set free of the food issues when they do a VLCD,I love the day before I start as your so positive just hang onto that feeling as its so special.Yes you will soon be in the 12/14s and your look fab
xxc :)

More encouragement

Dear Stardreamer,

Well done for starting LL - you won`t regret it. You sound really focussed, and that is how you have to be to start LL. I have been on LL for just over 100 days and have lost 39lbs so far. I cannot tell you how much better I feel. I have so much more energy, less aches and pains and people keep telling me I look fantastic!
If ever you feel like wavering, try on clothes or go into a supermarket, fill the basket with packs of sugar to the weight you have lost and walk up and down the aisle with it. (That`s what I did a while ago and boy, was it heavy).
Don`t try drinking ice cold water, it`s harder to get down. Have fizzy and still or mix the together have it room temperature or warmer, it`s easier to drink. The more water you drink the faster the weight will come off.
And keep on looking at your `before` picture. OMG - Did I really look like that? eeeeeeeek.
PS - Oh and get rid of your `fat` clothes, then you won`t be able to afford to put it on again. Anyway,with the LL counselling, you won`t.
Good luck!

The day is finally here!!

I am now officially on the Lighterlife program. I started this morning!! I was quite shocked at how much I weighed. I am 13stone 11lbs or 87.7kg. and I am 5 foot seven inches tall. I would love to be 147lbs or 10 and a half stones. I never thought that I weighed that much. But hey ho I wont be that weight for much longer. I feel really positive and have already drank 6 pints of water. I am as I type drinking the chicken soup and I have to say it tastes not bad at all!!
xx

Back