2 pieces of kit id be lost without to make my shakes and soups

cathy2009

i think the key to this diet is also making the soups / shakes really yummy without lumps in otherwise im sure i couldnt stick to it. ive seen a lot of posts saying they had been put off soups etc as they were grainy etc, this is how i make mine and i find they are yum not grainy or lumpy at all, but you need some kitchen equiptment, luckily i had these already

soups - always do mine with a hand blender in a long thin container ( one came with my blender) - i mix all the dry powder soups with a little water and spoon into a paste then add 100 mls cold water and 200 mls just boiled water and blend and add a little black pepper.

i attemped the soups once in my glass upright blender , disaster with the heat the top flew off and soup was everywhere! the hand blender does give a little froth but it doesnt bother me in the slightest

for shakes - if your buying and upright blender i suggest a glass one as its good for crushing loads of ice cubes, i add 400 mls of water and about 6 ice cubes , throw in my shake and whizz it full power, and a couple of pulses and you have lovely frothy thick milk shake ,enough for a whole pint glass.

frothy latte - havent done this yet but will tomorrow with one of my bars, but my cdc suggested making a cup of black coffee let it cool add in with your water for the shake and add the vanilla shake and make with the hand blender, and you have a lovely frothy latte, i know there is a cappuchino shake but i think using the vanilla apparently makes it sweeter, will let you know if its a success tomorrow x

I haven't tried to make a thick shake yet so thank you for this post, I will do that this afternoon :D I tried the cappuccino flavour shake yesterday (hot) and I didn't like it at all - I didn't like Vanilla either which shocked me because I usually love Vanilla - Chocolate one's are defo my fav! :) x

My shakes are the best when I shake them in one of the plastic shakers with metal ball and then put it through the sieve to remove any lumps - perfect! If I use the handblender I always add some ice cubes to make it like a smoothies.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've ordered a plastic shaker from Lakeland, really looking forward to it!

Back