2 Questions!

loveablemonkey

Hi, I can't bear this nasty taste I have in my mouth all day, even right after shakes, and don't mind if chewing gum makes me hungrier, but am wondering if that's the only reason we aren't really supposed to have it? If that's the only reason then I'll crack out the chewing gum immediately, just hoping it won't somehow slow the weight loss.

Second question - Next Friday I have been invited out for dinner by this guy I've been on a couple of dates with and I can't really suggest we do anything else since apparently his boss has offered to pay for a dinner up to £150 for him and a nice girl (me :p) because he's been working so hard or something :cool: :eek: so that's amazingly cool but I'll be smack bang in the middle of SS! I started on Tuesday this week so next Friday will have been on it for just over a week and a half - what do you suggest, stick to proteins, or stick to greens or what? I'm not sure what's best to not affect ketosis too much. Also what should I drink!? I won't drink much but would a couple of glasses of wine/champagne affect the weight loss really badly?? And I'm not gonna tell him I'm on Cambridge diet because that's just the unsexiest thing in the world! I'd just rather he thought I was naturally becoming svelte, and disclose at a later time when I know him better!

Hehe. Couldn't have come at a worse time really (but will be nice to eat I must say) so.. advice appreciated! :D Thanks x

I can't bear this nasty taste I have in my mouth all day, even right after shakes, and don't mind if chewing gum makes me hungrier, but am wondering if that's the only reason we aren't really supposed to have it? If that's the only reason then I'll crack out the chewing gum immediately, just hoping it won't somehow slow the weight loss.

I was wondering the same thing about chewing gum myself :)

Sorry I cannot answer your second question, I am new to this diet myself and day 1 will be this coming Tuesday but enjoy your date ;)

re your 1st question hun, chewing gum has been known to knock you out of ketosis, I do know some people who do, maybe it doesnt affect them, but I wouldnt want to chance t personally.

sun xx

Back