2 Years at target

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Well, hello!

I used to be a minimins addict many moons ago, but just wanted to pop back to say 'Hi' and hopefully give a little hope and encouragement to anyone on SW.

4.5 years ago I weighed 19 stone, had been morbidly obese my whole life, and was completely sedentary. After a big wake-up call I joined SW online and over the next 2 and a bit years I gradually lost 8 stone, learned to change my eating habits for good and learned the wonder of an active lifestyle. This week I celebrate 2 years at target. I still eat mainly SW (lifestyle NOT a diet) with a few odd treats thrown in. I have become truly active, I only do stuff I enjoy but have learnt how much better I feel- from someone who HATED any form of exercise I now run (completed a half marathon!), do weights, go on long bike rides and even qualified as a gym instructor a few months back.

I really just wanted to pop back to let people know that this really IS possible. Many will fall by the wayside, so it is easy to think this isn't possible, but if you work hard, NEVER give up, are determined, draw a line under any slips and accept that this is a life change not a quick fix, then it truly is possible to change permenently. I obviously still have a battle with food, and I think I always will, but consistency, a realistic approach and lots of hard work and learning from mistakes really will change your life- I am proof- (check out my photos)

Good luck my friends

xxxxxx

cocktailprincess said:
Well, hello!

I used to be a minimins addict many moons ago, but just wanted to pop back to say 'Hi' and hopefully give a little hope and encouragement to anyone on SW.

4.5 years ago I weighed 19 stone, had been morbidly obese my whole life, and was completely sedentary. After a big wake-up call I joined SW online and over the next 2 and a bit years I gradually lost 8 stone, learned to change my eating habits for good and learned the wonder of an active lifestyle. This week I celebrate 2 years at target. I still eat mainly SW (lifestyle NOT a diet) with a few odd treats thrown in. I have become truly active, I only do stuff I enjoy but have learnt how much better I feel- from someone who HATED any form of exercise I now run (completed a half marathon!), do weights, go on long bike rides and even qualified as a gym instructor a few months back.

I really just wanted to pop back to let people know that this really IS possible. Many will fall by the wayside, so it is easy to think this isn't possible, but if you work hard, NEVER give up, are determined, draw a line under any slips and accept that this is a life change not a quick fix, then it truly is possible to change permenently. I obviously still have a battle with food, and I think I always will, but consistency, a realistic approach and lots of hard work and learning from mistakes really will change your life- I am proof- (check out my photos)

Good luck my friends

xxxxxx

Wow fabulous well done !!

Totally inspiring - thanks for coming back to update us! I started again this week, nearly three years off SW and all but 5lbs back of the 2 stone I lost. 3 stone target this time - and to keep it off!

As someone who needs to lose a lot of weight I find stories like this inspirational! I started at 19 11 over 2 years ago. Lost 3 stone and kept 2 of those off for 2 years till now... Back on the wagon 1 pound away from my lowest last time. Looking at it in 2-3 stone chunks as I know I can lose that easily and find it easier to cope with than saying I have another 7 stone to lose. Plus Im not entirely sure what I would look like at my supposed healthy bmi weight of 8.5 stone... So just gonna take it easy and work it out for myself on the way.

Well done on maintaining and thank you for starting my day on a positive.

inspirational story, well done, love hearing things like this xx

Wonderful and very inspirational... Well done :)

CP - lovely to hear you are still at target....I've gone the other way for a little reason!!! But will be slimming again next month.....you are one of the original target members I recall and truly inspired me along my journey xxx lots of love xxx

Excellent, well done!!! I am amazed by people like yourself who can totally change their life around for the better, i hope to be a target member one day soon, just have to keep plodding along! :) xxx

CP - lovely to hear you are still at target....I've gone the other way for a little reason!!! But will be slimming again next month.....you are one of the original target members I recall and truly inspired me along my journey xxx lots of love xxx

EB- what fantastic news!!!!! Congratulations- gosh and you are nearly due, too! Gosh, I have missed a lot. Put a right big smile on my face, mate xxxxx

Fantastic CP! You really are an inspiration to all of us!

Thanks for posting this, it has really inspired me and helped motivate me a bit more. Today and yesterday ive eaten pizza and sweets, so this has given me a good kick up the backside! x

CP that is an inspiring post well done. Can I ask how you are maintaining now ? do you still follow the plan ? Did you add extra HEX 's in to maintain or extra syns ? or is it just roughly SW 80 % of the time IYKWIM .

It's amazing that you did all this online your motivation and drive must be sky high .

Fantastic that and it is so true that S W is a change in lifestyle, not a quick fix diet!!! In fact I dont like the word diet in association with S W. I have been at target since Nov last year, well actually July last year then dropped it a few more lbs. I so so want my diamond award! I too eat S W style all the time, have to really or else I would go back to where I was before! But I really enjoy my food and it really is a no brainer to pick up healthy stuff from the shop.It can be done and you are truly inspiring me to continue, perhaps after my diamond I will think of your achievment and strive for 2 years. Well done :)

Wow, you are a true insperation to me, I have struggled with my weight since being pregnant with my now 5 nearly 6 yr old son and reading about you has helped me see that I can do it and can get back to a healthy weight and i can get back to living a healthy lifestyle, and whenever I think I can't do it I'm going to look back at your story to remind myself that it CAN be done I CAN do it. So thank you so much for sharing :) x

Back