20 somethings

Your days sound bliss, think I'm going to opt for a snuggle sofa movie day with the kids too Mandy, it's absolutely freezing here, snowed a little and now stopped, it's not lying but it's bitter! Xx

Morning girls. Sounds like u all have lovely days planned no snow here but it is freeeezing! Have taken my car for its mot so waiting to hear about that and need to pop to the shops but otherwise most of my day is gunna be spent doing uni work! Boring but at least ill be warm :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's freezing here too but don't think we are in for snow. I'm being lazy and still in bed but about to get up. Not sure what is happening today, quite nice to have no plans so we can do what we fancy. Just a day with my bf! Have a good saturday girls :) x

Jenna88 said:
It's too cold to get out from under the covers...I don't think I can do it. It's also deceptively sunny here in the North, yet I know as soon as I step outside I'll turn to ice. Sneaky sneaky!

It's the same down south - beautifully sunny but totally freezing!

I haven't yet looked outside but I'm guessing it will be freezing here too as it was v cold yesterday! I am still in bed and I'm really hungry but we haven't got any milk in for my porridge :( Getting my hair cut at half 1, woop woop!

OH is working from home today so is now locked up in his office, I am on the couch in my giant hoodie, with a fleecy blanket and the new slimming world magazine. Have been feeling a bit iffy the last few days so I reckon today will sort me right out! Xxx

jessikahlashes said:
The sky here is so full, definitely going to snow again soon :( I'm at least a little prepared with my new wellies that came today haha :) x

Same here (Newcastle) glad I'm all set for a quiet, cosy weekend in! Xxx

Haha well I'm in Durham, OH used to live in toon city centre...think I forget I'm not there now haha! I read back on your previous posts earlier, you have done absolutely AMAZING!!! I am so pleased for you, and think you are an inspiration! There is a lady at my group who told me this week she has been at target for 24 YEARS!! The two of you have made me realise once again why I love this diet, and I know I am in this for life now! Xxx

camz said:
Haha well I'm in Durham, OH used to live in toon city centre...think I forget I'm not there now haha! I read back on your previous posts earlier, you have done absolutely AMAZING!!! I am so pleased for you, and think you are an inspiration! There is a lady at my group who told me this week she has been at target for 24 YEARS!! The two of you have made me realise once again why I love this diet, and I know I am in this for life now! Xxx

24 years!!?? Wow!! I thought I was good :p that's amazing, people always say to me how do u know u wont put it all back on and it really bugs me haha, I didn't lose 11 and a half stone for a laugh, it's a complete lifestyle change, if I even have a treat I feel like people watch me and think oh god she's going to put it all back on, don't think people realise how dedicated I am! I never gained once through my entire journey and don't plan on ever going back there!! Thank you though, every comment means a lot.
Durham isn't too far! Poor us in for the rubbish snow, I hate snow!! Xx

Well so far the kitchen, sitting room, hall, stairs and landing plus the bathroom are done. I love weekends when I get help cleaning! Last thing left to do is also the worst. My bedroom. My good God. There's clothes everywhere. There's also a full length mirror, an ironing board and an old dryer shoved in there for lack of anywhere else to put them. So that's going to take me a couple of hours. I've noticed that I absolutely hate putting my clothes away now. Must be the idea that I don't want to wear clothes that size anymore haha. But yeah seriously, there's at least 5 piles of clothes all folded and awaiting me. Think I might change the bed too and have a nice bath this evening. Had a lovely sleep last night and really want another lovely sleep tonight and a fresh bed and a bath usually does the trick!
Had poached eggs on toast for brekkie... no sf, but then I always do struggle for sf at breakfast time. Don't like toms or shrooms, so fruit is usually it. Although I reckon if you're using your heb it's measured anyway so you don't really need the sf. That's my philosophy anyway haha.
Lunch will be minced beef hash that OH made for me before he left (bless him) and dinner...Hmmm... I'm thinking...stir-fry perhaps.

You're on a roll Mandy! And tea and lunch sound yum, is it sad that I'm excited for a bath and then a snuggle on the sofa with the boyo watching take me out and xfactor whilst eating steak, SW chips and veg? :D xx

Ooh Mandy, nothing better than fresh bedding and an extra hour in bed!! I know what you mean about sf at breakfast time, at best I force down an apple - but didn't fancy it with my bacon and egg sarny haha!

Jessikah your night sounds exactly the same as mine (but we are having lamb shanks *oioi*) and I cannot wait! It's so good to hear that you never had a gain, I've not yet, and it's the one thing I'm genuinely scared about, I think there's a slippery slope from a tiny half lb on...I've been there before at weightwatchers, and it always lead to me giving up! Mind you I know I'm a totally different person to the one I was then, but still!! Xxx

A deserved gain is fine. An undeserved one is tragic and definitely leads to the "sod it" mindset. I've been there. Always gotten back on it though... so far haha

Forgot to say, I haven't given up on the cleaning haha I'm just taking a smoke break and have to make Fia's lunch!

My consultant always says there's no pain in a gain but for me I just know I couldn't have handled it, I would have been devastated, good to hear your mind set has changed, I don't think you can succeed without being in the right frame of mind xxx

Back