20 somethings

Claree__x said:
Good luck camz!

Getting dressed for a new job is a minefield. My 'business dress' is also my casual dress (dress, tights, boots and a blazer) so I hope that's acceptable in the new place 'cause I really don't wanna wear suits or even trousers lol!

Keep looking at myself and wondering if I'm trying too hard lol.

Good luck Clare! And I'm sure you look beautiful so stop worrying miss! Xx

Thanks girls.

Fran, I wore pretty much what I'm wearing today except a white dress instead of black. I'm here 30 mins early, dunno whether to go in or not!

Good luck Clare!! Hope you have a great first day :)

I have just got up. Off work until Monday wahoooo!! Off to manchester this afternoon. Got a hotel booked for a couple of nights with some rewards vouchers I got from work. Got loads of housework to do because we go but I really can't be bothered hah...

Good luck claire, you will be fine!

Have fun in manchester xanthe, I go there quite regularly, you staying at a hotel in the town?

Been at work since 7 and im here until half 4 but I get to do the banking again so I get a break from the customers for an hour which is a good thing as there are always the few that really ruin your day lol

Hope everything is going swimmingly Clare :)

Yay Christie, I used to like doing the banking except some fool would always do something silly that didn't take long to fix when you saw what they did but all the escalation and paperwork was a pain in the bum.

Had a really good sleep last night, got up at 8 (thanks Nate) done all the animals apart from topping up the chickens food because I need to give them scraps and I can't carry that up with Nate so I will do it when he has his nap. He is having great fun emptying the bag of balls and going "oooooh no!"

Sun is shining which I hope will carry on to the afternoon for a nice walk.

CH2b said:
Good luck claire, you will be fine!

Have fun in manchester xanthe, I go there quite regularly, you staying at a hotel in the town?

Been at work since 7 and im here until half 4 but I get to do the banking again so I get a break from the customers for an hour which is a good thing as there are always the few that really ruin your day lol

Yeah we are staying at a new premier inn near the northern quarter! We go quite regularly too as a lot of my friends live there. I usually stay at the Arora but its so pricey! I'm really excited :D

Felix said:
Yeah we are staying at a new premier inn near the northern quarter! We go quite regularly too as a lot of my friends live there. I usually stay at the Arora but its so pricey! I'm really excited :D

Hope you have a lush time! X

Ooh Clare I can't wait to hear how it goes! I think I need to invest in a nice blazer. Maybe I'll treat myself when I get into the 10s. As for embarrassing mugs - when I left my old job they gave me a Twilight mug! It was a bit of a joke because my 'work mum' loved Spike from Buffy so Edward is like the kiddie version. It was certainly a conversation starter at my current job!

Curled up on the sofa trying to get my body to decide whether it's hot or cold! I don't feel so sick any more and I've so far managed to keep my ryvita down. Just renewed my car insurance *sob* and one phone call has knocked it out of me already.

Xanthe - Congrats on the loss! Enjoy your weekend away! The OH and I keep looking at last minute breaks but they're never quite as cheap as I'd like them to be.

Jess - Your girls are adorable! I don't know how you kept a straight face when Bonnie took the whole bucket! My younger brother was like that - but he was so adorable that he just had to ask for something and he'd get it. I wouldn't say boo to a goose but he was always asking for sweets, pocket money etc and my parents almost always said yes! It was alright because I got whatever he got generally, but he has always been a bit jammy!

Laura - I hope you survived the McDonald's brekkie! It's the hash browns that would do me in - I could happily (but guiltily) eat nothing but those for breakfast!

lyricallylittle said:
Ooh Clare I can't wait to hear how it goes! I think I need to invest in a nice blazer. Maybe I'll treat myself when I get into the 10s. As for embarrassing mugs - when I left my old job they gave me a Twilight mug! It was a bit of a joke because my 'work mum' loved Spike from Buffy so Edward is like the kiddie version. It was certainly a conversation starter at my current job!

Curled up on the sofa trying to get my body to decide whether it's hot or cold! I don't feel so sick any more and I've so far managed to keep my ryvita down. Just renewed my car insurance *sob* and one phone call has knocked it out of me already.

Xanthe - Congrats on the loss! Enjoy your weekend away! The OH and I keep looking at last minute breaks but they're never quite as cheap as I'd like them to be.

Jess - Your girls are adorable! I don't know how you kept a straight face when Bonnie took the whole bucket! My younger brother was like that - but he was so adorable that he just had to ask for something and he'd get it. I wouldn't say boo to a goose but he was always asking for sweets, pocket money etc and my parents almost always said yes! It was alright because I got whatever he got generally, but he has always been a bit jammy!

Laura - I hope you survived the McDonald's brekkie! It's the hash browns that would do me in - I could happily (but guiltily) eat nothing but those for breakfast!

Glad you don't feel sick anymore! Just take it easy and I'm sure you'll be back to full health in no time, after yesterday you definitely need a good rest up!
McDonald's food is too nice, I have to admit I am a sucker for McDonald's, I don't go now but in the olden days when I was I big I used to easily polish off 2 double cheese burgers, 2 large fries, 20 chicken nuggets and a strawberry milkshake, disgrace!!
I'm dog sitting today and this afternoon my step mum is having the kids for tea and bringing them back about 7 for bed time! So will have a few hours peace! Don't get me wrong I love my kids more then life but sometimes a few hours peace in the holidays is heaven haha!! It's my birthday next week and OH asked me to pick some shoes cos he knew I had seen some I wanted and they have come! Just tried them on and I love them!! I'm not good with heels though an since losing the weight I'm starting to get abit more adventurous! Will post a pic, here's to hoping I can get some practice in before my bday night out on 15th November! X

Attachments

• image-3300102148.jpg
    image-3300102148.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 25
Very glam! I would end up with a broken ankle in those though! I used to wear heels to work every day when I worked at the school and I was on my feet all day - these days I have a desk job and wear flats and I have no idea how I used to do it! I do love my heels though, probably need to get some practice in for Christmas party season!

Enjoy the peace and quiet! It's just me and the OH at the moment but even having the flat to myself today while he's at work is bliss!

I'm rubbish with heels too. Cowboy boots are my footwear of choice.

Been a really boring day today. I just want to get stuck in but it seems ill be just watching for today and tomorrow =\

Just think, this time next week you'll probably be so busy Clare that you'll wish they were easing you in again lol! Hopefully it picks up!

I love high heels, would rather die than go on a night out without them...what is it about them that makes your leg SO much nicer looking than when in flats? What are you hoping to wear those with Jessikah? They're lovely and I'm jealous as they're the one type of heel I can't walk in *sad*. I feel really funny in a thick heel, I need something thinner so that there's only 1 point of contact with the ground.

Just back from my 3 mile walk and had a sausage butty for lunch! SW you are a wee beauty <3

Jenna88 said:
Just think, this time next week you'll probably be so busy Clare that you'll wish they were easing you in again lol! Hopefully it picks up!

I love high heels, would rather die than go on a night out without them...what is it about them that makes your leg SO much nicer looking than when in flats? What are you hoping to wear those with Jessikah? They're lovely and I'm jealous as they're the one type of heel I can't walk in *sad*. I feel really funny in a thick heel, I need something thinner so that there's only 1 point of contact with the ground.

Just back from my 3 mile walk and had a sausage butty for lunch! SW you are a wee beauty <3

I have a dress that I'm planning on wearing with them, from boohoo! And I have spiked bracelets and spikes earrings and a nude clutch with spikes on, this is the dress x

Attachments

• image-2303420976.jpg
    image-2303420976.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 32
Well I hope u enjoy it xanthe. I love Manchester and newcastle too as im from the valleys and grew up in a smallish village so being in a city is a big difference and so much more to do, im having my wedding reception in the malmaison in manchester, I love it.

I hate new jobs when u want to get stuck in and they just want you to sit back and watch for a bit, at least the first day nerves are out the way now.

Jess those shoes are lush, could never wear them at this weight or stilettos, im a wedge girl atm lol I have about 6 pairs of lush stilettos waiting for when I can wear them, I got them all for £2 from next clearance store so bargain even though I knew I couldnt wear them lol

Back