20 somethings

Jess, if the scales do go up temporarily it will only be slightly and its because the muscles retain some water to help them repair. Drink plenty of water and bear with it! The tone you get is well worth a possible 1lb on for a week or so imo! You know its not a fat gain, and it might not even happen, but if it does you are prepared :)

Carebear- well done that's a fab loss!
Jenna- check you out gymming at that time! :) very jealous of your day off! Didn't get a housework list today which is good but now I'm worried they will think I've not done enough!

ScarlettStar86 said:
Jess, if the scales do go up temporarily it will only be slightly and its because the muscles retain some water to help them repair. Drink plenty of water and bear with it! The tone you get is well worth a possible 1lb on for a week or so imo! You know its not a fat gain, and it might not even happen, but if it does you are prepared :)

Carebear- well done that's a fab loss!
Jenna-

I'm worried now hahaha. I have WI in the morning and don't want to be a pound up! I'm so silly lol x

Of you def won't be a lb up overnight! I had a 1/2lb gain after about 4 days and I was seriously sore! I was really upset as I'd been so good on plan and it was my c that explained about the muscles holding water to repair, sure enough next week it had gone with more besides and I was much more toned in that time!

I fell back to sleep but nearly had a heart attack when the postman and his hammer fists near put the door through! Granted it was for my Xmas orders! Had to chase him down the drive in my dressing gown lol!
I'm 1.5lbs up on wi today ffffffff!
Don't worry about the exercise jess, even if the scales did go up it would be water not fat and it'll end with you looking leaner :)

hey all sorry for disappearing for a few weeks, its been a crazy and scary 2 weeks, baby is fine but have had bleeding and 2 scans! have another scan next week to check growth so fingers crossed all is ok with bean. As for slimming world i have been off plan for 2 weeks, plan on getting back on plan today :)

hey all sorry for disappearing for a few weeks, its been a crazy and scary 2 weeks, baby is fine but have had bleeding and 2 scans! have another scan next week to check growth so fingers crossed all is ok with bean. As for slimming world i have been off plan for 2 weeks, plan on getting back on plan today :)

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, focussing on SW might help take your mind off other things :D

Just back from the gym and have had my lunch. Why can't I just do this everyday? I need to find a rich man, pronto!

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days - been getting some time in with the OH seeing as we had his brother staying with us all weekend.

Laura - Well done for getting out running! I'm one of these people that likes to hide away so no one can see how horrendous I look! I started doing the c25k on a crosstrainer but I got frustrated with not being at a good standard immediately! It's a great programme; I really should get back into it.

Jess - I hope parents' evening goes well! Bless. My boss' youngest started in reception this year and I've loved hearing how he gets on! Such a big change.
I get the weight loss buzz fear too! Although right now I'd love to just be anywhere near target, I can imagine it will be weird not having that focus. Sounds like you have a brilliant consultant with your best interests at heart.

Fran - You did make me laugh with Nate and the sweets! I got my roast on Sunday and my OH managed to make the crispiest roasties using FryLight - I think I fell a little bit more in love with him. Haha! I love roasts - almost as much as toad in the hole! What do you reckon the syn value is? It's so heavenly.

Scarlett - Great that you're in the zone! And what a fab little note in the anniversary card (I just typed 'engagement card'!) - I'd have to go to another room and squeal for a bit!

CareBear - What a brilliant loss! Well done! You'll have to give us your secrets...

Also, I would love to have a meet up if we could ever get one organised! My sis is at uni in Newcastle so I'm not adverse to going up north - although Liverpool might be a good bet for our ladies across the Irish Sea!

Ladies I am poorly again!! I don't know whether its my IBS or another bug, but I've got the runs mega bad, and the worst stomach cramps ever!! I am currently in the loo at work, I really think I'm unwell enough to go home, but don't dare tell my new boss I'm ill :-( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Laura, you can't possibly spend the afternoon teaching when you're doubled in agony. I know it's horrendous to have to ask to go home and you imagine it looks bad but it's not as bad as you think...I'm sure your boss will understand and would rather you took some time to feel better so you can return and do your job properly and to the best of your ability.

Laura - you need to go home! It's getting over that hurdle of telling your boss - but they're not going to make you stay! You're poorly. I hope you feel better soon :(.

1.5lb off this week not bad considering my weekend in wales wasnt completely on plan as i had pie and chip shop chips, im sure it will catch up with me though lol

Really wish I could keep up with you lot but you talk so much! :giggle:

Well girls, I am home; not feeling unwell as such, just cannot get off the loo and have v. bad stomach cramps! Am in bed now, going to have to miss WI tonight, as can't leave the house (or vicinity of the toilet!) for long enough haha! I don't really mind though, it may relieve me of the small gain I was expecting, and I will most likely be able to make up for it by next Tues!

On a totally different note, I have some potentially exciting news! OH's brother has just text to tell me he has got a new job, and will be moving three hours away, which is very exciting for him at the minute anyway, BUT, I've already got it in my head that OH and I could rent his house whilst he is working away, while we save for our own place. It's something we've talked about in the past, and I would be WELL up for it, as at the minute I dont have a permenant contract so we don't have a chance of getting a rental contract, let alone a mortage. Not sure how OH would feel about it, but I'm hoping I will be able to persuade him! The house is lush, its a little 2 bed detatched (perfect for the two of us!) which his bro totally did out when he moved in, lovely new kitchen and bathroom, little conservatory at the back...I just love it!!

Think I'm most definately getting ahead of myself, but we have been together 8.5 years, and been living back with our respective parents since July, which is hard after 4 years at uni, having our own places in York and Newcastle!

Hope you are all well! xxx

well back from wi and have gained 2.5lb which is damn good considering the amount of rubbish i have eaten for the last 2 weeks, plan on being 100% from tomorrow as we have no food in today and i gave in to my marshmellow craving while in town.

well back from wi and have gained 2.5lb which is damn good considering the amount of rubbish i have eaten for the last 2 weeks, plan on being 100% from tomorrow as we have no food in today and i gave in to my marshmellow craving while in town.

Least you know the score now and can start afresh :D
I feel like I'm being good but with no purpose today as I feel really bloated today. Plus, this WI on Sunday should be fun as it's going to be my first *week in months...apparently I follow my OWN schedule on the pill rather than that which is recommended by the Dr haha!

Glad it's just a little gain, sweetdll! We've got a tub of mini marshmallows in our kitchen (the tub is shaped like a penguin - how could I resist?!) and I had to hide it to stop myself having little handfuls every time I walked past it!

Bloating is so annoying. I've got a load of Windeze tablets in our cupboard because every now and again I just feel like I could go pop! I was the same on the pill - it's just never convenient to have a break!:D

Back